Profile for MowLiao > Reviews

Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, Double
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 10.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and fluffy, 15 Nov 2013
When I first bought this, it was nearly too fluffy for me. Now after over 6 months, it feels just right - still fluffy but not as overheating! Hopefully it'll stay like this, and I can see this duvet lasting for a few years. It's a great purchase and I don't regret it.

Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton Bath Robe, Black, Large
Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton Bath Robe, Black, Large
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow, this is heavy!, 15 Nov 2013
This is extremely large, with extremely large sleeves. This may just be because I bought it for my partner who's skinny and 5'5'' (so fairly tiny), but I'm pretty sure this is heavier than the average dressing gown. It isn't really that soft and nearly feels like wearing armour when you put it on, but it keeps you warm, which I suppose is its primary purpose of purchase.

Vango Trek Mat Std -
Vango Trek Mat Std -
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd
Price: 18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, 15 Nov 2013
I bought two of these to go camping. They're really comfortable despite how thin they look, and they pack away into nice compact bags. They do deflate after a couple of days (to be expected), but that isn't too bad. Overall a good buy which I don't regret at all.

Giant Microbes HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) Petri Dish
Giant Microbes HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) Petri Dish

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, 15 Nov 2013
I bought these for people at work in a clinical research centre. They were working on HIV vaccines, so I found this appropriate. Everyone loved them, and they're so adorably cute.

Navitech Black Faux Leather Case Cover For the Nook Simple Touch/ Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight
Offered by Navitech (VAT Registered)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works!, 15 Nov 2013
This definitely fits my NOOK Simple Touch eBook Reader. I keep it in here when I'm not using it or when I'm reading while travelling and it's nice and lightweight. However, the case makes the NOOK a little bulky (to be expected). Overall, it's a good buy.

NOOK Simple Touch eBook Reader
NOOK Simple Touch eBook Reader
Offered by Bunny Bargains
Price: 40.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A little lacking in features and customisation, but still great, 15 Nov 2013
With a low budget, I wasn't expecting the NOOK to be incredibly impressive. I've never really liked the look of eBook readers because of the screen flickering, however I'm glad that the NOOK doesn't really flicker when reading the book itself.

The screen responds slower than I'd like, and I'd like an option to turn off the touch screen, or at least touch screen page navigation. It's fairly annoying when I get distracted in the middle of reading, and my hand slips on the NOOK/something else comes into contact with it, and I'm suddenly 10 pages ahead. I've gotten used to it though... It's definitely less annoying than losing a page in a real book.

The features I do love, however, include: Text size/spacing customisation, putting books into shelves, minimal flickering, wifi connection, not locked specifically to Barnes & Noble (you can pretty much just put a pdf on here and it'll read it). I don't really know whether these are specific to the NOOK because I have next to no experience using eBook readers.

I was expecting this to not be amazing, so this is great for its value. I've been using this regularly and I definitely don't regret my purchase!

University Games Galaxy of Stars Glow in the Dark Set Contains Over 300 Glow in the Dark Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars These glow really well!, 15 Nov 2013
I'm glad I found these glow in the dark stars after a lot of research on the internet. I would often read reviews saying that the starts would fade very quickly, but I've found myself still noticing the glow in the stars up to 3 hours after the lights have gone out (but I haven't stayed up for long enough, so it could be longer). The paper glow in the dark stars glow brightly too. Definitely impressed!

Make sure you buy some blutac (or white tac) to go with this. You'll need a fair amount.

Fly to Paradise
Fly to Paradise
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fly to Paradise (MP3 Download)
I nearly joined the Virtual Choir 4, but sore throat after sore throat meant I couldn't record. I am impressed by how it turned out (why wouldn't I be?), so sort of regret joining. At least I could purchase the song to show my support!

When I first purchased this, I couldn't stop listening to it, and would listen to it on repeat. After falling in love with the first track with the vocals, I found the instrumental track, and then couldn't stop listening to that either! Fortunately, I'm now out of the addiction, but this definitely makes a lovely addition to my music library. Thank you Eric Whitacre for the moving music you compose. It's beautiful.

Wild Republic 30cm Cuddlekins Red Panda
Wild Republic 30cm Cuddlekins Red Panda
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my friend, 15 Nov 2013
I bought this for my friend who dearly wishes he could have a red panda of his own. He seems fond of it (despite being 27 years old) and has even given it a name. I suppose this shows it's good quality. He's said it's fluffy, so... it's a good product!

Best Friends (From Now On)
Best Friends (From Now On)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this... Then the payment didn't go through!, 15 Nov 2013
However I still have the track in my MP3 library, so I'm complaining at all. I really like the Yogscast, and though Simon's voice is fairly annoying in this song, it's still catchy as hell, and find myself singing this while walking down the street. Thanks, Amazon, for the free song!

Page: 1 | 2