Profile for Turbodog > Reviews

Turbodog (UK)

Tamrac TA-T110543 Goblin 0.6 I Lens Pouch for Camera - Ocean Blue
Tamrac TA-T110543 Goblin 0.6 I Lens Pouch for Camera - Ocean Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars These are good for micro 4/3rds, 9 Jun. 2016
These were the only lens pouches I could find that might suit my M43 Olympus lenses. The sizes are a little confusing, so Ive included a photo of the box which helps. I got the 0.6, which is perfect for the Olympus 40-150 lens, and the 0.3, which is just a bit tight for the 14-42 (see photo) and tighter still for the 9-18 Olympus lens, but still usable. I think the 0.7 may be better for those. Note that they are not really that padded, so I doubt they would offer enough protection to prevent damage from a drop from more than a couple of feet, but otherwise they're pretty good.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Red Rover
Red Rover

5.0 out of 5 stars Why aren't they more famous?, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Red Rover (MP3 Download)
Paper aeroplanes are such a good band, I was lucky enough to see them live recently and Sarah Howells voice is absolutely spine tinglingly beautiful. So much better than most hugely commercially successful bands it doesn't seem fair. Check them out, and their album 'the day we ran into the sea' is equally brilliant.

New gents Visconti black leather folio wallet bag 18238
New gents Visconti black leather folio wallet bag 18238
Offered by Lets Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value, 27 July 2013
Really happy with this bag, for the money it is really nice quality, and it smells lovely! Promptly despatched as well.

Baumatic Fully Integrated Tumble Dryer BTD1
Baumatic Fully Integrated Tumble Dryer BTD1

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy this tumble dryer, 8 April 2013
I agree. I purchased this machine as it is one of the only integrated ones. I broke the day before Christmas Eve and, after a catalogue of errors with the repairs, I am still waiting for the timer to be replaced (they bought the wrong part today). It is now April. If this is British manufacturing, we have a lot to learn from our competitors. Trying to ring them is also frustrating as it takes ages for them to answer. Buy a different make...not this one.
I couldn't select to give it no stars or I would have!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 4:27 PM GMT

Under the Ivy: The Story of Kate Bush
Under the Ivy: The Story of Kate Bush
by Graeme Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars DO buy the Kindle version, 23 Dec. 2012
Just wanted to respond to an earlier review which states "the rendering of the text is useless. Words are joined together..." I nearly didn't buy because of this review, but based on my good experience of other kindle books I went ahead. It's true there are a FEW missing spaces between words, but no more than a handful throughout the whole book; nothing to stop you from buying it in this format.
As far as the book itself is concerned I can't add anything to what others have already said. It is a really interesting and well written account.

Monitor Audio i-deck 200 iPod & iPhone Docking Speaker
Monitor Audio i-deck 200 iPod & iPhone Docking Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain at this price, 20 Oct. 2012
I was really surprised to read Listener's recent review of this dock describing it as a 'waste of money' because I am so pleased with mine, so here is my experience with it. When first released it was £400, so £150 represents a major reduction. It looks and feels like a £400 dock, it's well built, heavy and solid and the remote has a high quality feel. Of course the most important thing is the sound quality, and it hasn't disappointed me. Before I bought it I listened to some £200-250 docks in store, and they really did sound cheap and quite nasty. This is a big step up from those, and to me has a similar rich and powerful sound to the B&W zeppelin, another well rated dock. If you alter the EQ setting on the ipod you can avoid an overly bassy sound; those settings make a big difference to the sound, so its worth exploring them to see which you prefer. I don't see the need for the dock itself to have any other sound setting adjustment. I haven't experienced any hissing sound from the unit, quite the opposite in fact as it's entirely hiss free during quieter passages.
I listen to all types of music but mostly pop, rock and jazz and the Idock handles them all really well.
In conclusion I probably wouldn't have bought this for £400, but at £150 it is an absolute steal; For this money you might be able to get a unit with more features but I can't believe you will get this sound quality without spending a lot more. I guess the fact that it doesn't connect wirelessly to your device may put some people off; for me that isn't really an issue. With the money I have saved I am going to get an ipod touch, and then it becomes an internet radio as well! Highly recommended.
Update: Am now using an ipod touch (4th generation) with my Ideck. Superb! It's now an internet radio (and the BBC iplayer radio app is outstanding).

Revo Axis Internet/DAB/FM Clock Radio with iPhone/iPod Dock and 3.5-inch Touchscreen - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch screen the only disappointment, 6 Aug. 2011
Pretty happy with this radio which was the 'best buy' in a recent Sunday Times review of internet radios. For its size and price the sound quality is good, but not amazing (I have a Bose wave CD radio which is only slightly bigger but packs considerably more punch). The DAB reception is very good. The internet radio works reasonably well; it doesn't always connect but that may be my broadband connection. The streaming of music from my Mac is also a little glitchy, but in practice I have found I don't use this feature much so it isn't an issue. If I want to play from my collection I just use the Ipod dock, which works fine. I also really like the Last FM mode, which works well and explains why I don't use the streaming function.
I would give it 5 stars if the touch screen was better; I am surprised that only one of the other reviewers commented on this because in my view it is easily the weakest part of the radio. As the other reviewer says it is 5 years behind the quality of touch screens on iphones etc. It works ok enough for simple function selection off the main screen, but when you want to type in artists names for example (when using Last FM) it is slow to react and frustrating to use. I would expect the next version to be much better in this respect. Having said that it's not bad enough to stop me from recommending what is otherwise a really nice product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2012 5:20 PM GMT

Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2011
Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't get the Kindle edition, 1 Jan. 2011
I love my Kindle, but Reference books like this do not work very well on it. Information icons and star ratings are limited value because of the loss of colour; tables, maps and reference charts are simply too small to be able to use and you can't quickly move around the book as you would the real thing. Also the table of contents is not nearly as useful as a full index for a book of this type.
The book itself seems very good, 4 or 5 stars, but it's transition to the Kindle is a 1 or 2 star affair.

211 Golf Jokes For You, Your Friends, and Golfing Partners
211 Golf Jokes For You, Your Friends, and Golfing Partners

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 29 Dec. 2010
Tedious collection of old and unfunny golf jokes, some of which are repeated. Got to number 105 without laughing and gave up.