Profile for Mr. J. R. Newton > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. R. Newton

Mr. J. R. Newton "Kindle Lover!" (Hove, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Montane Featherlite Micro Jacket grey shadow Size:S
Montane Featherlite Micro Jacket grey shadow Size:S
Offered by BlackLeaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Warm at the same time, 6 May 2015
Great jacket. Light, warm and looks superb. I got this jacket at half price. Absolute bargain. It has a small internal zipped pocket and two external zipped pocket. The material seems very thin and I am wary of putting keys in the pockets I case they snag the material.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sony Walkman Waterproof All-in-One Sports MP3 Player - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by West Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh Lovely Job, 22 Mar. 2014
I use these about twice a week during a steady swim session. They work really well with clear sound and volume. The controls take a bit of getting used to and I sometimes find it difficult to tell if I've switched them off. However charging only takes about half an hour.

Top Tip. Put them on before you get your ears wet as any water in your ear canal will dull the sound. Always charge for 30 minute before you go to the pool.

Great Product.

Speedo Water Air Seal Tri Swim Anti-Fog Swimming Goggles - Smoke
Speedo Water Air Seal Tri Swim Anti-Fog Swimming Goggles - Smoke

1.0 out of 5 stars My Head is the wrong shape!, 22 Mar. 2014
I have always used Speedo googles in the past, with no complaints, however I find these let water in which defeats the purpose. This is probably not a design fault but be aware that each design is different and they may not suit. It's hard to try before you buy, but I have a spare pair you can borrow!

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Price: £81.25 - £207.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Called mine Tubby!, 11 Feb. 2014
So I spent about two hours trying to get the thing to sync with my wifi, via my Mac Book Pro. Nope... 2 minutes syncing via my iPhone 5S!.

Once synced (I already had a Fitbit account) it worked perfectly. I also managed to set up an Fitbit account for my partner and the Aria knows if it's me or her on the scales.

Advice: Setup with a smartphone.

Prestige Wicker Dog Bed Basket, 70 cm, Medium
Prestige Wicker Dog Bed Basket, 70 cm, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Whickertastic, 14 Nov. 2013
My two dogs have taken to this basket and give it eight paws up!!!!! They are quite small dogs about the size of a jack Russell.

Smart Roadster Waterproof Half Car Cover
Smart Roadster Waterproof Half Car Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 31 Aug. 2013
Great... Keeps the rain off those leaky smart roadsters. Don't leave home without one. This will save you hours of mopping up!

After Phoenix: The absurdity of family life can conquer all
After Phoenix: The absurdity of family life can conquer all

5.0 out of 5 stars After reading..., 31 Aug. 2013
This is a wonderful story of crisis and recovery... From the depths of a disparate situation, one family grows apart before finding the thing they had lost.... Love.

World War Z
World War Z

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombilious, 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: World War Z (Kindle Edition)
If you're a 'thinking' person rather than one of those zombies who just plod through life then this is the zombie novel for you.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Who put the fire out?, 9 Jun. 2013
This is dull, poorly written and a waste of time and money. I enjoyed his first novel, but this is formulaic and more like a travel brochure with the occasional 6th form fantasy. Rubbish save your money for something else.

Let It All In [LP+CD] [VINYL]
Let It All In [LP+CD] [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Kloot, 7 Mar. 2013
Their album Sky At Night is considered one of their finest. I think Let it all in, is more of a slow burner with some excellent songs. I would recommend this album

Page: 1 | 2