Profile for Mr. Lee C. Blacklock > Reviews

Content by Mr. Lee C. Bla...

Mr. Lee C. Blacklock

Page: 1 | 2
Hori Officially Licensed Grip Attachment (PlayStation Vita)
Hori Officially Licensed Grip Attachment (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Finishes the psvita, 14 Oct 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This add on really finishes off the vita, making it feel incredibly comfortable to hold. Though I believe that the same company have released a newer version that has extended triggers.

Sony PS VITA Licensed Custom Crystal Case (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PS VITA Licensed Custom Crystal Case (PlayStation Vita)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best PSVita Case I have found, 8 Jun 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I made the mistake of buying a cheaper case that ended up being a bad idea and waste of money. This case is really good, the PSVita sits snug inside and feels very proctective. Thought the sleeves were a bit cheesy at first but when the case arrived they actually look pretty cool, especially the wipeout sleeves. Very good case with excellent snug storage for games cartridges and memory units.

Gioteck Real Triggers (PS3)
Gioteck Real Triggers (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Put..., 10 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Simply put the gioteck real triggers just finish the controller off, this is how the controller should have been from the outset, MUST BUY!

Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar - A Behind the Scenes Look: Prima's Official Insider's Guide
by Prima Development

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 20 Feb 2011
This book and the game Half Life 2, has had a massive influence on me. Seeing the art and the world of Half Life 2 inspired me to 3d modelling and computer games design/level design.

I now work in the games industry, and even after all these years looking back at the game and this book still makes me think wow. Valve really did raise the bar back then and now look at where they are.

Lovely art book, with some insight.

3ds max 6 Animation: CG Filmmaking from Concept to Completion (Consumer Education)
by Barrett Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 20 Feb 2011
This book helped me through some of my university projects when learning about how to rig and animate etc, its a real thorough book taking literally from concept to completion as the title says. This book was also recommended to the class by our 3d modelling tutor at the time. Don't know what i would have done without this book at that time, might have struggled through the projects. It wasn't easy learning this stuff from scratch, but if anyone is thinking of doing this, then this book is a must its excellent, one of the better purchases i have made, in this area, and maybe one of the most used books on my shelf.

*Wanted to give it a 4.5/5 not a 4/5!

Poly-Modeling with 3ds Max: Thinking Outside of the Box
Poly-Modeling with 3ds Max: Thinking Outside of the Box
by Todd Daniele

3.0 out of 5 stars Window to new modelling techniques., 20 Feb 2011
Not gone through the whole book yet but completing some of the tasks and leafing through, this book looks like its going to be very useful now and in the future. Its teaching me new ways of modelling and different techniques etc. I can imagine coming back to this book for years to come for reference and refreshers.

Creating Emotion in Games: The Art and Craft of Emotioneering (New Riders Games)
by David E. Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look, 20 Feb 2011
This book is well worth the shelf space, i bought this during university on my Computer Arts course. Anyone interested in game, and the creation of games should enjoy this. Going forward from Uni, i now have a job in the games industry, this book helped me with my dissertation and final project, creating compelling games experiences. Has also probably helped to shape my thoughts and expand my knowledge and any work i now go onto undertake.

Jamie's Monster Bake Sale (Red Nose Day 2011)
Jamie's Monster Bake Sale (Red Nose Day 2011)
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Its for charity, but its also very good!, 20 Feb 2011
This is for charity and its got some great recipes in it, buy it for charity, buy it for some good recipes!

Turtle Beach Ear Force Universal Gaming Headset Bundle DPX21 with Dolby Surround Sound (Xbox 360/PS3/Windows XP/Vista/7)
Offered by PADNOTE

4.0 out of 5 stars Surround Sound without waking the neighbours!, 20 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Quality product, absolutely awesome. Have been using this with my xbox 360 and my Ps3, i have an SRS system but when my partner goes to bed this has to go off. So in comes the DPX21's i wasn't prepared for how good they actually were, i actually use them now sometimes when i don't need to. The mic is excellent, so playing Bad Company 2 is great online, clear voices, send and recieve, my only gripe is when i have had to plug in my 360 pad to charge up whilst still playing. When pad is charging and playing at the same time, my headset mic sends feedback to other players when hearing my voice and when just playing through (not speaking).

But that is my only gripe with the product, and its a very small one. Played Fable 2 the other day and a villager walked up next to me from behind and started talking to me, i acutally jumped and looked to me right, i felt like such an idiot but made me think wow this headset is awesome, cheesy i know, but honest oppinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2011 2:57 PM GMT

Cable Mountain 3m Gold Plated Fibre Optic TOSlink Optical Cable with Gold Effect Casing
Offered by Cable Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and great quality, 27 July 2009
Not much to say about this cable other than it is good quality, nice thick cable, solid connectors, and cheap compared to alot of similar cables.

I use this cable for my PS3/Xbox360 to get high def sound from the consoles to my 5.1 surround sound system.

Page: 1 | 2