Profile for K. Davies > Reviews

Content by K. Davies

K. Davies "kvnjhndvs" (Childwall, England)

Sony PSP Go! Console (Black)
Sony PSP Go! Console (Black)
Offered by ZedLabz-Outlet
Price: 134.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A Complete and Utter Waste of Money, 10 April 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I never write reviews but such is the waste of money, time and effort involved in this item I am prepared to break the habit of a lifetime.
A present for my son, an upgrade from all the various psp`s he has previously owned and loved and more importantly used.
He has used the thing twice in 2 months, whilst still using his 3000 on a daily basis. The downloading of games, films etc is unwieldy and time consuming, it is extremely, and I do mean breath takingly annoying to repurchase games he has owned for years on UMD and further to find several favourites are not available at all.
The tricksy connexions to the TV are all well and good, but for my son this is first and foremost a gaming machine and it fails spectacularly to hit the mark.
Useless, useless, useless - in triplicate - Mind you that is just my opinion
Kind Regards to one and all
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2010 9:57 PM BST

Folk, Blues & Beyond...
Folk, Blues & Beyond...
Price: 12.76

5.0 out of 5 stars The Forgotten King?, 11 Feb 2006
This review is from: Folk, Blues & Beyond... (Audio CD)
I must confess I had never heard of Davy Graham; before a chance hearing on Radio 2, not so long ago. Considering myself reasonably eclectic of taste, and also as well versed in popular music genres as most I was surprised to hear the eulogies of fellow folkies on various radio/tv shows for someone unknown to me. This guy I must hear I thought to myself. So several albums were purchased.
Ignorance is a terrible thing to admit, but reader ignorant I was. This Chap is as good as it gets. The album is a master musician at play. It was originally recorded in 1964 and I have never and I mean never heard anything like this man`s style. I believe the song titled "Anji" is considered his modus delecti (a bonus on this album), but This album contains several new favourites as well as reworkings of what are considered to be standards now. If you like early Clapton,when he was only an archangel,Alexis Korner, Cyril Davis, or Burt Jansch & Richard Thompson et al then you have to listen to this. Bluesy, Folky, it has tinges of Jazz & almost uniquely for the time,an eastern influence, years before George Harrison even plucked a sitar. Its arrangements and guitar style are borne of heaven. Breath taking stuff. I have played this to death. Some may find it derivative I suppose, but only because your terms of reference were derived from this guy in the first place.I love this and give it 5 of the best for no other reason. So there.