Profile for Pete da Pug > Reviews

Content by Pete da Pug

Pete da Pug (London)

The Scarpetta Factor (Scarpetta Novels)
The Scarpetta Factor (Scarpetta Novels)
by Patricia Cornwell
Price: 18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadul, dreadful, dreadful, 22 Jan 2010
Having been a devotee since book one - I have been so disappointed by the last few in the series. After 'Scarpetta' I decided that I definitely would not buy another one - I was given this for Christmas.........thank goodness I did not waste a penny buying it!! What on earth has happened to Patricia Cornwall's dialogue and plot construction. I used to care about the characters now I could not care less, they have become one dimensional cardboard cutout stereotypes and as for the technical and psycho babble it becomes ever more tedious. It was so laughably easy to guess who the 'villain' was and why not make him more central and compelling as he used to be, the Jean-Baptiste we knew would not send smelly herb bombs - Scarpetta's description of just a few scars and capped teeth being the only signs of cosmetic surgery were risable. If you are new to this series do not bother to start with this one - go back to the beginning which were clever, classic and tightly written and then stop around Black Notice!