Profile for manicmum > Reviews

Content by manicmum

manicmum "manicmum" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
iPad Mini 4 Case, ESR® Pattern PU Leather 360 Degree Rotating Stand Case Cover with Auto Sleep / Wake Function for iPad Mini 4 (Doggies Alumni)
Offered by ESR Case EU Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggie mania!, 12 Jan. 2016
Great case - I love dogs so this cover was the one for me, fun & protecting my new iPod mini

Seriously Mum, How Many Cats?
Seriously Mum, How Many Cats?

5.0 out of 5 stars How many cats?, 1 Mar. 2015
Once again Alan Parks has had me desperate to read each chapter to find out their next set of problems be it with the alpacas, dogs, chickens or cats!
I feel sad to have finished this third book- I hope Alan will continue to write as his style of writing has made me feel as though I know him & Laura personally. My next book will be Laura's account of their life in Andalucia.

Seriously Mum, Where's that Donkey?
Seriously Mum, Where's that Donkey?

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordoba ex pats & animals..., 12 Feb. 2015
Inspirational look at life in rural Spain. Alan & his partner Laura moved from Brighton to Spain in 2008 to breed alpacas.
They have had many problems due to language issues, the different way of life & problems with their ever growing menagerie of animals.
They love the life in Spain & always seem to get by somehow.
Alan writes with honesty & a lot of wit. Each page will have you laughing and smiling.
This is book 2 & now I can't wait to start the final book as I almost feel as though Alan & Laura are close friends by the way Alan writes.

Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca?
Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca?

5.0 out of 5 stars Alpacas & ex-pats, 5 Jan. 2015
My husband & I are hoping to retire to Spain in the next 2 years. So we are actively looking for information about the reality of living there.
Alan Parks has written a lovely account of his life there with his partner Lorna and their escapades with breeding Alpaca along with their menagerie of other animals while struggling with the Spanish language.
They buy a small Olive Mill near Montoro village in the rural countryside near Cordoba in Andalusia.
Alan's book has made our dreams of moving to Spain look more realistic as he writes about both the ups & downs of rural Spain.
I would recommend this book & I am about to read the next book in the series.
Well done Alan!

Living with a Black Dog
Living with a Black Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars The black dog...., 23 Mar. 2014
Pictures are so helpful when dealing with a mental health issue. The drawings reflect the situations well.
I hope my husband will read this book as he has done so much to support me when my 'black dog' visited me.
I recommend everyone read this book.

The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-6 [DVD] [2013]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-6 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Banging good series!, 14 Jan. 2014
Very happy with the DVD set. It was a Christmas present for my daughter & she has been watching the series' avidly.
Packaging was good
Price was great
Amazon are hard to beat as usual
Thanks!

Boggle
Boggle

5.0 out of 5 stars cant stop boggling ....., 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Boggle (App)
very addictive game!
Play once and you will be . I tend to play it last thing at night to wind down before bed .Only problem is once you start playing before you know it is 1.30am!!!!!!

Guess The Food
Guess The Food

3.0 out of 5 stars uk or usa?, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Guess The Food (App)
I enjoyed this game but found a lot of the brands are not known in the UK - this put us at a disadvantage but we still enjoyed it

British Logo Quiz
British Logo Quiz

4.0 out of 5 stars logo mad, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: British Logo Quiz (App)
fun game to play with the kids. It gets you thinking how brands merge into our way of life. Kids knew all of them!

Sun Stones
Sun Stones

3.0 out of 5 stars stony ground, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sun Stones (App)
Tried to play this but can't find instructions so only got a few rounds in & became frustrated. Please give some instructions as I think it might be a good game if I knw what to do

Page: 1 | 2