Profile for RB84 > Reviews

Content by RB84

RB84

Page: 1 | 2
Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy straps 4ct for 6-36 Months (Multicoloured)
Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy straps 4ct for 6-36 Months (Multicoloured)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely toddler proof, 22 Aug. 2013
Bought these a couple of months ago and for a while I thought they were the bees knees. But then my 15 month old decided one day she really didn't want her monkey in the strap, and she fiddled and pulled and, yes, she got him out. I'm still using them as the majority of the time she leaves it on, but still have to be super vigilant!

Oh Dear!
Oh Dear!
by Rod Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Oh Dear! (Hardcover)
Bought this for my daughter when she was a year old (now 15 months). She loves it, and it has stood up to a fair amount of wear and tear already. Although I can't get away from the fact that Buster seems a more appropriate name for a dog than a child, I enjoy reading it with her too. It's a nice interactive experience as we talk through what noises the animals make etc. I also love hearing her say "oh dear!".

BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Pack of 2)
BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 22 Aug. 2013
Bought these as my 14 month old daughter is obsessed with our bathroom cabinets. I'm really impressed so far, it's not too fiddly for a grown up to get off quickly, but so far she hasn't been able to work out how to get it off, and she's normally like a little Houdini! Wish there was something equally as effective for keeping the kitchen drawers shut.

Tales From Acorn Wood: Rabbit's Nap
Tales From Acorn Wood: Rabbit's Nap
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 July 2013
I love the acorn wood series, I bought them for my daughter when she was about 6 months. She loved them straight away and still asks me to read them to her every day at just over one year old. The short simple rhymes are ideal for young babies and the bold but very detailed illustrations are beautiful and eye catching, just as enjoyable for me as for her! The flaps are remarkably sturdy-she has managed to rip one or two flaps (out of the 4 books she has), but given the amount we have read them I think that's pretty good going. I'd heartily recommend these to anyone, and I suspect we will still be reading them for some time to come.

Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll
Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 8 July 2013
Bought this after getting frustrated with the 'mummy clip', which was too big and bulky and got in the way when folding the pushchair. These are lightweight, easy to attach, don't slip around and are really strong. Great value for money.

Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear
Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 July 2013

Sunnybaby 11172 Sun Sail for Prams SPF 50+ Sand
Sunnybaby 11172 Sun Sail for Prams SPF 50+ Sand

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy but not completely effective, 8 July 2013
I bought this as I got fed up using a parasol last summer; having to alter its position every time I turned a corner. This is very easy to attach and does go on both my rear and forward facing pushchairs, and once it's on, you don't have to fiddle about with it. But the actual sail is smaller than I expected, and narrower. So I do still find that it doesn't entirely protect my daughter from the sun. Plus when it's in use in the forward facing position it is a bit claustrophobic for her as it comes quite close to her face, and it isn't robust enough to stay on when she decides to kick at it. I find it most useful when she has fallen asleep if she's forward facing. Overall, it's easier to manage than a parasol and very lightweight and portable. If I'd paid more than £7-8 pounds for it I might be a bit annoyed but at this price I think it's a reasonable product.

Bigjigs Toys BB027 Giraffe Ride On
Bigjigs Toys BB027 Giraffe Ride On
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and sturdy, 8 July 2013
We have given this to our daughter as a first birthday present and are very pleased with it. She's not able to ride it on her own yet, as her feet don't quite touch the floor, and I think it would require quite good coordination and balance. But she loves being pushed around on it and I imagine in another 6 months she will be able to do it herself. She also loves the shape sorter on the sides and opening the little flap at the back so she can 'hide' things inside. My only criticism is that the paint does chip a little easier than I'd expect for a child's toy-when it gets bumped or knocked it has marked. But it still looks great and so much more attractive than some of the garish plastic ride on toys you can get!

I'M Toys 02032 Snap Clap Crocodile
I'M Toys 02032 Snap Clap Crocodile

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Feb. 2013
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas (she was then six months) as we use a similar toy in her baby music classes. She initially just wanted to chew on it and couldn't work out how to make it 'snap' as you have to give it quite a vigorous shake to make it work. But now at eight months she makes a bee line for it whenever she sees it and looks so pleased with herself when she gets it to make the noise. She can be occupied with it for ages. I wouldn't leave her alone with it as its really for older children, but with supervision its brilliant. The colours are lovely and bright and, being wooden, it has a classic look.

Buff Polar Buff Black/Black
Buff Polar Buff Black/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my husband for cycling in the cold. He is really pleased with it, he cycles in all weathers and comes home freezing. This can be worn underneath a cycling helmet and really keeps his neck and ears warm and protected from the wind. Good quality. Took a while to arrive, but then I did order it quite last minute before Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2