Profile for Giselle > Reviews

Content by Giselle

Giselle "Giselle" (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Level Best
Level Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable screenplay, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Level Best (Kindle Edition)
A stylish screenplay, quirky and humourous and unpredictable, with realistic and believable characters. I'd like to watch this as a film, one day.

Stripper of the Yard
Stripper of the Yard

4.0 out of 5 stars A lively tale, 12 Aug. 2014
An enjoyable story with lots of twists and turns. There are a few typo's. But the story is pacy with engaging characters, and lively dialogue.

Turn Blue
Turn Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Turn Blue (Audio CD)
I think it's better than El Camino. It's musically excellent, and sounds like all my favourite rock bands in one, with some 80's synth bits as well as the ghost of Pink Floyd. 'Fever' and 'The Weight of Love' just keep echoing in my mind.

So Long, See You Tomorrow
So Long, See You Tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stuff, 19 Feb. 2014
Really enjoying this, rhythmic, lyrical, melodious, one track follows seamlessly from another, nothing jars, I listen to it over and over.

Pigeonwings (Clovenhoof Book 2)
Pigeonwings (Clovenhoof Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Devilishly funny, 30 Sept. 2013
In a new form of role reversal, instead of us being sent to their world, they are sent to ours. Satan and the Archangel Michael struggle for survival and supremacy in suburban Sutton Coldfield and battle it out on Bardsey Island. The book derives a rich humour from joining the sacred and profane to the sordid and mundane. Lightheartedly wicked, occasionally scatological and always wonderfully inventive (`In which Michael discovers Pot Noodles and the last resting place of Joseph of Arimathea'), it's a pleasure to read.

Anker® Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Detachable Keyboard and Stand for iPad mini
Anker® Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Detachable Keyboard and Stand for iPad mini

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little keyboard :-D, 23 Aug. 2013
This almost makes my iPad mini into a little netbook. The finish is good quality and it protects the iPad well. The keyboard is slim and light and covered in the same leatherette as the case, the detachability is good as you can set the iPad so that the screen is at a higher level. The keyboard has a slightly pocket calculator feel to it, and the space bar is shorter than you would expect so I keep hitting / instead of space, but I am getting used to it and it is much easier to use than the on screen keyboard. It pairs effortlessly with the iPad. Built in Li battery makes it light and slim and apparently there is a long battery life although I haven't tested it. It charges via a standard mini-USB connector ( can't remember if it's type A or B - the same one as for a Kindle). Obviously the iPad plus keyboard is going to be thicker and heavier than the iPad solo, however it still fits in my handbag, so I'm happy.

Bermuda Triple Pond Light Set Underwater Pond Light
Bermuda Triple Pond Light Set Underwater Pond Light
Offered by Kettering Koi & Ponds Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as conservatory mood lighting, 20 Jun. 2013
I have 3 sets of these, bought over the years, and use them to uplight plants in my conservatory, looks great with the main light off after dark. Because they are pond lights I don't worry about them getting wet when watering the plants. They don't get hot and consume little current. They come with an assortment of coloured lenses and I use black insulating tape around the sides of the lenses to stop the light leaking out sideways.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Offered by Design 55 online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the caravan, 20 Jun. 2013
I bought this for use in my caravan. It makes a nice, hot, strong cup of coffee. The plastic parts are lightweight and robust, so ideal for caravan touring (with an elastic band to secure the paper filters in the holder), it is easy to store and clean. You could probably manage to use it in a hotel room with a kettle. It's better than a cafetiere and, if I didn't have a Tassimo machine already, I'd buy another one to use in the house.

In Patagonia (Vintage Classics)
In Patagonia (Vintage Classics)
by Bruce Chatwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccentric, fun, entertaining, 20 Jun. 2013
Chatwin has the art of condensing a lot of description into every sentence. I don't know how he found out so much about the people and places he visited, but there is no travel writing quite like it in my view.

Selected Poems of Simon Armitage
Selected Poems of Simon Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems for people who don't understand modern poetry, 20 Jun. 2013
I read this while 'doing' Poetry for OU A215 Creative Writing, a course which I had taken to improve my prose writing skills. So, poetry was a bit of a departure, and we were being asked to look more at contemporary poetry styles rather than villanelles etc. I felt uncomfortable. This collection was great as the voice is so fresh, and the poet (one feels like referring to him as 'Simon' after reading the book) makes the reader feel so comfortable in the writing.
And then as you look closer, you discover all the word magic - rhythm, sound patterns, imagery - that goes into poetry.
I got a decent mark for my Poetry assignment, so it must have done something!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4