Profile for I love reading allsorts > Reviews

Content by I love reading...

I love reading allsorts

Full Catastrophe Living: How to cope with stress, pain and illness using mindfulness meditation
by Jon Kabat-Zinn

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Mr Kabat-zinn!, 16 April 2013
If you suffer from stress this book and c.ds could well save your life.

Each time I open this text I find guidance that relates to me. It's written in a different way from other self help books. It's gentle and enlightening. I take away something to think about each time I read a few pages. I am currently on week three of the eight week meditation course (on cd). Even though I am aware that my mind is still wandering onto jobs to do; how social interactions have gone... I am coming back to the moment more quickly. Each day I follow these c.d's means that the day is less stressful and I am slowly becoming more mindful. I am finally starting to get some joy back into my life. My husband and children are happier. I am no longer consumed and blindly led where my mind decides to take me. It's not destroying me. I want to be here to enjoy life now. Some of you wont understand this, while others will.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 9:04 AM BST

Self-Healing with Sound and Music
Self-Healing with Sound and Music
by Andrew Weil
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 15 Sep 2012
I bought this to help myself relax but now I use it for my Reiki treatments. Its wonderful for aiding the calming healing process and feels as though it takes you to another place! A variety of tracks that are very relaxing, not an annoying one among them. P.S. It is the mosr fantastic sound to leave on for our dogs when we all go out. They become very chilled and sleepy. Thank you

Posture, Get It Straight!
Posture, Get It Straight!
by Janice Novak

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the DVD!!!! Its fantastic, 15 Sep 2012
I bought Janice's Get it Straight DVD and I cannot praise it highly enough. It has exercises for neck, spine/back, stomach, upper body, lower back and overall posture! Wow! It straightens you up and brings your back into alignment. My body loves it and feels joined together. Each time I finish I leap up and send thanks to Janice - it's that good! Clear guidance is given throughout, with gentle reminders to ensure u are holding the correct posture and ways to make exercises easier or harder are also given. All this done from a seated position or on the floor!!! NO other exercise makes my body feel straight and all together. If you have any posture issues or pinched nerves then this is the DVD for you. Enjoy it, regards Vickie Posture, Get It Straight!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Could NOT put it down!, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
Wow! Given to me by a friend and JUST never expected to get so hooked! I got totally caught up in the development of their relationship, willing all troubles to be unravelled. The characters have been written beautifully. The personalities that have been created, along with the emotional tension seem tangible. Most certainly DO NOT agree with negative reviews - I could not help but be drawn beyond the intense sexual backdrop of the plot. I could not put it down and now cannot wait to find out what happens next!!!!!!!