Profile for lbeeswax > Reviews

Content by lbeeswax

lbeeswax

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Raymond Blanc by Anolon Professional Hard Anodised Cookware Set, Set of 5, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Dec 2013
These are great pans, they cook evenly and they are so easy to clean. I have wanted a set of Raymond Blanc pans for a very long time and I bought this set of saucepans on a Lightning Deal for under £95. ( What a fantastic bargain...checked other retailers, John Lewis, Selfridges on line and they would have cost me over £300.) I cannot fault them,I have been using them for over a month now, and am very very happy with them.

Umbra Penguin Soap Pump, Black
Umbra Penguin Soap Pump, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart little penguin!, 31 Dec 2013
Needed soap dispenser and wanted something that looked smart and did the job. This is great; extremely easy to fill and keep clean. Looks great in the bathroom. Can't find fault with it and recommend it.

Large cat print design women scarfs (Red)
Large cat print design women scarfs (Red)
Offered by ZipZappa

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scarf, 31 Dec 2013
Happy with this scarf, good length, good colour, nice quality. Washes and irons well. Can't really say more than that, apart from recommended!

Wenko Bassano Toilet Seat, White
Wenko Bassano Toilet Seat, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd never bought this, 31 Dec 2013
I've marked this toilet sea so low because for the price it is very light and flimsy and worse of all it shifts about all over the place - very unstable. It was fitted by the excellent builder who built our wet room and whose work was carried out very professionally and even he can't get this loo seat to stay in place.

We have now replaced it with a seat from John Lewis which is fine

The Blood Detective (unabridged audio book)
The Blood Detective (unabridged audio book)
by Dan Waddell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiobook, 10 Nov 2013
This is an interesting take on a murder investigation featuring a geneolagist, who assists a police murder team in tracking down a serial killer who appears to be re-enacting murders that occurred in the Notting Hill/Notting Dale area of London over a hundred years before. It is a gripping story and this unabridged audio book is very well narrated. The insight into the painstaking work that goes into researching family trees is fascinating. It also very poignantly depicts the brutality of the justice system in the mid 1800s and how miscarriages of justice took place without the benefit of today's advances in forensics. This is a well rewarding read and/or listen. Highly recommended.

Brigantia Needlework Loch Lomond Tapestry Picture Kit in Tent Stitch
Brigantia Needlework Loch Lomond Tapestry Picture Kit in Tent Stitch

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Order This, 26 Oct 2013
I ordered this item as I like the picture allegedly showing what it would be like. In fact I received a tapestry which is of Loch Lomond and it is garish and horrible. I contacted Amazon by e mail and the matter is still not resolved as I do not have a printer to print a returns label. They also said they would order the correct tapestry which corresponds to the picture and then proceeded order me the same wrong item again. The item I ordered from the Picture is called 'D'Orsay'. They also said they would remove the erroneous picture to prevent someone else experiencing the same mistake and they have not. This matter is still not resolved. Don't order it! I would give this no stars if that were possible.

I spend quite a lot of money with Amazon, but their response to their mistake has been dreadful.

The Supernaturals: A Ghost Story
The Supernaturals: A Ghost Story
by David L. Golemon

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyably spooky, 18 Oct 2013
This is a very good ghost story in the best tradition. It keeps the suspense up all the way through and if you like spooky stories that don't flag or disappoint this is well worth a read. It features a 'ghost hunting' television programme, that is not above setting up fake 'happenings' in haunted houses...they don't need to in this place! Get it in time for Halloween!

The Kill List
The Kill List
by Frederick Forsyth

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Kill List (Hardcover)
The 'blurb' on the covers of a lot of books states that the author is 'the master'; 'the best'; 'no 1 best selling author' and it's usually just that: blurb. You know what? In the case of Frederick Forsyth it's pretty much the truth. This book is up there with his best, meticulously researched, well- plotted, plot lines running alongside each other and the story doesn't lose impetus all the way through. This story concerns the 'Kill List' presented to the president of the USA concerning those Jihad fanatics who mean death and destruction to the USA 'the Great Satan' and the UK 'the Little Satan' Those who need to be tracked down and killed to prevent further terrorist atrocities. I won't say more, it's been said in other reviews, I would recommend you just read this book and lose yourself in great story telling.

Close to the Bone (Logan McRae, Book 8)
Close to the Bone (Logan McRae, Book 8)
by Stuart MacBride

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but confusing for a 'first' read, 13 Oct 2013
I have given this book 3 stars, not as a criticism of the writing, but because I really wished I had started the Logan McRae books at the beginning. It really didn't work for me as a stand alone story. I thoroughly enjoyed the main aspects of the story, the characterisations, the sometimes dark humour, how the characters sparked off of each other. However, I was really at a loss when it came to the previous events and relationships often referred to in the book: is Samantha in hospital in a coma; does Logan imagine all the conversations and interaction he has with her? How is he the father of Jasmine, seemingly the daughter of his DI and her girlfriend? etc.,etc. I know, this is my fault for not beginning at the beginning and I would advise other readers to do so. The story itself is dark, sinister and an absolute page turner involving the murderer re-enacting scenes from a book (currently being made into a film) concerning witch finders; people being crippled in supposed racist attacks and drug dealers. Now I am off to order the first book.....

Natural Causes: Inspector McLean 1 (Inspector Mclean Mystery 1)
Natural Causes: Inspector McLean 1 (Inspector Mclean Mystery 1)
by James Oswald

5.0 out of 5 stars crime and a touch of the supernatural - great stuff!, 8 Oct 2013
I had not heard of this author before but this book kept appearing in my recommendations so I thought I'd give it go. I am so pleased that I did - great convoluted story, believable characters and a touch, just a small hint of the supernatural.

McLean is a newly promoted DI in Edinburgh having to cope with a bully of a DCI who constantly tries to undermine him. Very atmospheric descriptions of crime scenes and post-mortems, beautifully plotted and well-written. Couldn't put it down and read the second book 'Book of Souls' straight afterwards. Damn, now a long wait until February 2014 for the next in series The Hangman's Story!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3