Profile for Ian C > Reviews

Content by Ian C

Ian C

Anker® Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Frameless Synthetic Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch T3100 T3110 Tablet - Smart Cover with Multi Angle Stand - Lifetime warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very swish, 9 May 2014
Considering that this is a non-OEM product, it has great fit and finish. Difficult to better, and at a quarter of the cost of the Samsung item (though simulated leather rather than real), I'd thoroughly recommend it. Looks classy.

Vax 101, 111, 121, 121/2 vacuum cleaner hose assembly for models pre 1994
Vax 101, 111, 121, 121/2 vacuum cleaner hose assembly for models pre 1994
Offered by KGA-SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent replacement, 6 Sep 2013
The hose is a decent weight and is more or less a direct replacement. It fits well (though as delivered the rubber seal at the cleaner end needed to be pushed further onto the attachment (easy), over the ridge like it is with the original). Can thoroughly recommend.

O.N.E. Leather Lens Case and Body Jacket for Fujifilm FinePix X100
O.N.E. Leather Lens Case and Body Jacket for Fujifilm FinePix X100
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, 6 Sep 2013
Of the many non-original cases on the market, this one hits the mark. OK, it's not leather and smells of plastic, but it fits reasonably well, I like the method of attachment (no "elephant ears" around the strap attachments), and there is an elegant simplicity in the way the cover attaches to the body case. It will fit with the adapter ring and thin filter attached, but I just wish it would allow the lenshood to be attached as well (but that's a problem with most other full cases, including Fuji's own).

Lowepro Dashpoint 30 Bag for Camera - Pepper Red
Lowepro Dashpoint 30 Bag for Camera - Pepper Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin and a bit too small for Fuji X100S, 6 Sep 2013
I was looking for a small pouch that I can attach to my backpack, to keep my Fuji X100S in with lenshood attached. Contrary to what one reviewer said, I think it is a bit too short to take the camera properly. Sure, the top can be zipped up, but the padding is thin, too thin in my view for what I need, and the camera somewhat protrudes through the case. A shame really, as I can find no other pouch that will do the job.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 7:52 PM BST

B+W 49mm 007M MRC Nano Coated Clear Glass Protection filter - XSPD Mount
B+W 49mm 007M MRC Nano Coated Clear Glass Protection filter - XSPD Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, as ever, 8 Aug 2013
The usual B+W quality. I bought it to go on my new Fuji X100S using the JJC adaptor and lens hood. No problems with the lens hitting the filter in macro mode, as some have reported.

JJC LH-JX100 Lens Adapter and Hood for Fujifilm Finepix X100, X100s
JJC LH-JX100 Lens Adapter and Hood for Fujifilm Finepix X100, X100s

5.0 out of 5 stars To be recommended, 8 Aug 2013
This is the JJC product and is a lot cheaper than the original Fuji, and to be honest I don't know that it could be bettered. A good fit, it's all metal, the silver matches the camera well, and when fitted with a B+W thin mount glass filter (XSPD) I have no problem with the lens hitting the filter in macro mode, which some have reported.

GMYLE(TM) High Speed SD/SDHC/SDXC to CompactFlash CF Type II Card Adapter Support UDMA
Offered by Clever Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Extreme' SD to CF Adapter, 4 April 2012
I bought this little device because I was not able to back up my photos from the larger capaciity SDHC cards to my Vosonic VP3320. By putting the SDHC card in the adaptor I was able to copy the files via the Vosonic's CF card socket. Only gets 4 stars because the card insertion is not as 'smooth' as with my camera, but that is only a minor quibble.

Not quite sure what SD cards the device will actually support. The package says the device 'supports SDHC/SD/MMC all capacities', but a graphic image indicates up to 64GB, which must be SDXC since SDHC is limited to 32GB. Not a problem for me at the moment though.

Manfrotto MN-088LBP Small Adapter - Converts 1/4" Female to 3/8" Male
Manfrotto MN-088LBP Small Adapter - Converts 1/4" Female to 3/8" Male

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to be clear..., 30 Sep 2011
The product description is somewhat ambiguous I think, but this is what it does. This nicely made adapter has a 3/8-inch male (i.e external) thread and a 1/4-inch female (i.e internal) thread. In other words, it will allow you to attach a tripod head that has a 3/8-inch threaded hole to a tripod that has a 1/4-inch threaded spigot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2011 4:14 PM BST