Profile for Roy > Reviews

Content by Roy

Roy

Prowell F59 Cycle Helmet (Matt Black, Medium, Including a FREE SharkFIN Light worth £5.49)
Offered by Prowell Helmets UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and feels good., 29 Jun 2014
Great product and was a huge step up from my old argos helmets which were too bulky and looked horrible!

This helmet is surprisingly good.

ILUV IEP336 Neon High Performance Earphones - White
ILUV IEP336 Neon High Performance Earphones - White
Offered by BigWhiteRabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 22 Jun 2014
These headphones are superb quality - I couldn't tell much difference between these and my old HTC Dr. Dre beats headphones. For the price, it's definitely worth the price!

Viro Magnetic Dry-Wipe Whiteboard - 60 x 90cm
Viro Magnetic Dry-Wipe Whiteboard - 60 x 90cm
Offered by Viro Display

1.0 out of 5 stars Surface of the whiteboard is dreadful to write on!, 4 Feb 2014
I have had ample experience with whiteboards and after having used this whiteboard once, it has been clear to me that this is the worst one I have used. Rubbing the writing off the whiteboard (regardless of what rubber you use) tends to leave a stubbord mark on the board which is both inconvenient and frustrating - other whiteboards that I have used (which, surprisingly were cheaper) had a much superior surface which meant I could rub the writing off without much hassle.

In addition, the seller claims that the board has a low ghosting surface but, using the pens included and my own, the fact seems to suggest otherwise. The magnetic strength greatly fluctuates across the board so you would have some parts that hold whatever magnetic object you have, fairly well and others that are awful - namely, the centre area of the board.

Aside from the whiteboard surface, the frame is pretty good and the equipment included is somewhat useful. However, in this case, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages for me and if I had known about the quality of the item beforehand, I would not have continued with the purchase - Overall, I am dissapointed, having read the positive reviews beforehand.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality materials and is not anti-fog, 18 Jan 2014
I bought these goggles with the hope that they would last quite a long time (with proper care etc.) but after a few weeks, the rubber around the eye piece began to come off and this happened whilst I was swimming which was very inconvenient. I took great care of these goggles so damage on my part is extremely unlikely - the material, which I checked after, was of poor quality and build. In addition to that, it is described as being anti-fog but during my first swim with these goggles, it had already started to fog much to my surprise.
My previous goggles, which were around £10 worked better than these and lasted a good few years so it goes to show that the price they charge you for these goggles is only for the fancy design. If you want to get a good pair of goggles, I suggest you look elsewhere; the price is only for the design unfortunately.

AS Philosophy: Revision Guide for OCR (Religious Studies)
AS Philosophy: Revision Guide for OCR (Religious Studies)
by Brian Poxon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for A-Level Philosophy and Ethics, 26 Dec 2013
This book really is one of a kind. I have tried many different books and no other book explains in such a succint form, the level of content needed for A-Level. I'm an AS student and so far this has helped me revise and study different topics better than the teacher and other books I've used so far. Just be careful, though, not to be overly-dependent on one book alone - as great as this book may be, it is still very useful, and much safer, to cross-reference and add content to your learning from other books (even the internet, which is a great resource in itself).

So you want to be a doctor?: The ultimate guide to getting into medical school (Success In Medicine)
by Harveer Dev

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful for anyone interested in applying for medicine., 14 Dec 2013
Contains everything you need to know about the application for medicine and contains a really helpful profile on most, if not all, medical school in the UK (including Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).
At £15, it is definitely worth the money and if the price were higher and I had some knowledge about the book beforehand, I would still buy it.

Viro Whiteboard Starter Kit - 4 x Pens,1 x Magnetic Eraser & 8 x Magnets - Free UK Delivery
Offered by Viro Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Good apart from the pen magnets (which I have a solution for) and the rubber., 23 Nov 2013
The quality of the items was good apart from the magnets on the pens which are actually very weak - too weak to hold on to my magnet board. However, this problem was fixed by sandpapering the plastic around the magnet as this created sufficient distance away from the board to render the magnets useless. So, if you are thinking of buying this product (or have already bought it), I would strongly recommend getting a filer of some sort (I used a nail filer and it was good enough) to get rid of the plastic around the magnet - this way, there's less distance between the magnet and the board.

Another thing which seemed problematic (one which I have yet to find a solution to) was the rubber - this always left stubborn black marks on the board after rubbing the pen/writing off the board. The reason it does this is because the magnet, integrated into the rubber, is too close to the surface of the bottom, creating a small area which doesn't rub properly. To reduce the effect this problem has, it may be useful to rub anything off your board very lightly - i.e. apply a little pressure.

All in all, this product was actually very good except for those two problems (or 'one' now).