Profile for zsimo64 > Reviews

Content by zsimo64

zsimo64 "zsimo64"

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Heads up, doesn't support 'N' standard, 20 Oct. 2010
Just a heads up to anyone looking at picking up this USB Wireless, it doesn't support 'N' standard, only IEEE 802.11g and 802.11b. Nothing wrong with the adapter itself, but the name and description might confuse people into thinking this supports N when it doesn't. But it definately works with Windows 7, just plugs in and auto installs the drivers no problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2010 1:21 PM BST

You Gotta Go There to Come Back
You Gotta Go There to Come Back
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Crafted Rock, 14 Feb. 2005
Let me start by saying that not everyone is going to like this album. My friend who has seen the Phonics more than any other band doesn't like this album. If you're looking for a hard rocking, easy to listen to album, then this probably isn't the album for you, maybe try the Vines first album instead.
This is a very different album to Word gets Around, slower, more melancholy but with subtle touches that make it suberb. Almost every song builds up in some way, an extra instrument added in each verse, a slight change in tempo, or an extra tension in Kelly's voice.
Stand out tracks, for me at least, are Getaway, Jealousy, I'm Alright (Absolutely brilliant track, full of mood and emotion) and Since I told you its Over. The only downside to this album are the lyrics to some of the songs, they can make you cringe a little. "Sitting here playing with myself again/ It's turning me on" and "I'll make another pound for you/ so you can drive your motor car/ and drive you to the moon" and a few other examples. Not overwhelmingly bad, just not great to sing along to!
I bought this album when it came out, and whilst I haven't listened to it non stop, its certainly is one of the most played albums I own.

Deus Ex: Invisible War (Xbox)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (Xbox)
Offered by CDandVinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars It continues the 'spirit' of Deus Ex, 1 May 2004
Alright, I'll admit it, this isn't as good as the prequel, but it is still one of the finest games on the Xbox. In fact, if you ignore the fact it's the sequel of one of the best games ever, Invisible War is a brilliant game. But comparisons will always be made.
Graphics
Graphically, this game is GOOD. Detailed creatures, mechanical and otherwise, and good faces. I don't think there is a better looking game on the Xbox, with the possible exception of Knights of the Old Republic.
Sound
The sound effects aren't the greatest ever, in fact they're pretty poor, especially when compared to Halo's. But the music is in the same vein as the original, i.e it's good background, but don't expect any major emotional score.
Gameplay
Here is where I disagree I with some of the other reviewers, the gameplay is great. There IS choice in how you pursue your mission, stealth is definately possible, as is full assault. With the different biomods, different tactics are available, do you cloak and run past, hack the security, or take out the rocket launcher and start shooting? It has the same 'feel' as the original deus ex. The different factions offer different rewards, and you can make different alliances as you go on. My only problem is that the game isn't long enough, and some of the choices you make don't have quite the impact you may hope. I also dislike the single ammo feature, it just seems like another bar, like your health and bioenergy that you have to keep topped up. But I will be playing it through again to see what secrets are hidden, which I suspect will be more than some suspect.
Is it as good as Deus Ex? No. The lack of skills, the smaller maps, and the single ammo make Invisible war a poorer game. However that doesn't make it a bad game, it is well worth anyone's money, if you want a thinking FPS, with a great storyline carrying on the spirit of the original Deus Ex.

Datel 16X Mega Memory Card (Gamecube
Datel 16X Mega Memory Card (Gamecube

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a faulty memory card, 5 Aug. 2003
I got this memory card when I bought a Gamecube bundle, at first I thought excellent, it's a huge memory card, I won't need to buy another! But then I tried to save....
Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario etc) really don't like this card, and the only way to get it to save is to keep taking out and reinserting the card until the game finally recognises it, then you can save. When saving on Zelda, it corrupted every zelda save game file except the file I was playing, thusly taking out my brothers save.
While this card is useable, it causes a lot of aggro and think very carefully before you buy it, you might be saving money, but you could stand to lose a lot of time.