Profile for Mad > Reviews

Content by Mad

Mad

Hengsong-- Style European--Women Blazer Long Sleeve Suit Lapel Collar Slim Jacket Coat Outwear (XXL UK16 buste102cm)
Offered by mei_mei9

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small and not as nice as on the picture, 13 Nov 2014
I ordered 2 sizes bigger and it still wouldn't fit. And, as somebody said before< it is too expensive to send back.

Sistema Chill It Lunchbox
Sistema Chill It Lunchbox

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product. I have two other products from Sistema ..., 5 July 2014
An excellent product.
I have two other products from Sistema and love all of them!
This box is easy to use and keeps my lunch salads cool.
I recommend it to anybody, who likes convenience and quality.

The Inheritance
The Inheritance
by Tilly Bagshawe

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time!, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Inheritance (Paperback)
I have to confess that, unfortunately, I didn't like this book.
It was highly predictable, the characters were not believable and the
plot was weak.
The love-hate relationship between the two main protagonists was a cliché and
wasn't a surprise.
Overall, to me it was a complete waste of time

Vagus ElectronicsTM - Car Air Vent Phone Holder Stand Mount for All Phones: iPhone, 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, all HTC, HTC One S, V, X, XL, HTC Desire, C, HD, S, Z, HTC Sensation, XE, XL, HTC Wildfire, S, HTC 7 Pro, ChaCha, Incredible S, Radar, Trophy, Salsa, Rhyme, Legend, Mozart, Gratia, EVO 3D, Explorer, HD Mini, HD2, HD7, HD7S, all other HTC, Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4, S Advance, Ace, Ace 2, Note, Note 2, Plus, Y, all other Samsung, all Blackberry, Curve, Bold, Storm, Torch, all Nokia and all other phones
Offered by KEEWE TECH LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 13 May 2014
It was never stable.The thing that goes into the went broke after only a couple of uses and now the chunk is stuck inside.

Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1
Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1
by M. J. Arlidge

5.0 out of 5 stars Really gripping read!, 8 May 2014
This is a book for all the fans of Jeffery Deaver. It has a mystery, suspense and... a truly sick serial killer!
I wasn't really sure if I wanted to read this book. The blurb promised the content reminding me of the movie "Saw", which I did watch, but with misgivings - this is just not my genre. But I decided to give "Eeny Meeny" a chance. And true enough, at the very beginning we have the abduction of a couple, who are imprisoned and given a horrible choice - to kill or to be killed. Seemed cruel and graphic, but I wanted to find out who was doing that. And when more victims disappear and are faced with the same choice, I was hooked and just wanted to find the killer.
Throughout the book we can find small clues to the mysterious identity of our perpetrator. They are cleverly hidden and never given straight out. They are hinted at and suggested, so nothing is easy. I picked up some notions about 3/4 through the book. And only guessed the identity of the killer towards the very end - at least before it was revealed by the author :0) The book is written well and avoids predictability, which makes it a good story in my opinion.

I received this book for a review courtesy of Lovereading. Thanks.

The Enchanted
The Enchanted
by Rene Denfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtedly one of the best books I have read in a while., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Enchanted (Hardcover)
This is undoubtedly one of the best books I have read in a while. Not something I would have picked myself, but it hooked me from the very first page.
As a rule I don’t read depressing misery memoirs or prison stories. But “The Enchanted”, although in essence both of these, is very different.
This book moved me and made me think – two of main things I look for in a novel.
It is a story of an inmate on death row told by another, unnamed prisoner. Although it tells of abuse, neglect and crime, it’s not graphic, but it is told with an unusual economy of language and imagery; simplicity of style making it somehow poetic.
As my husband summed it up: “Age 18 certificate subject told in 15 certificate language”.
We read about horrible crimes on “the outside” and atrocities committed in prison, by inmates and guards alike. But there is no judgement or condemnation. There is no simple morality. All people in this story are in a way broken. This makes the book deeply humane.
It brings to mind “Shawshank Redemption” and “Green Mile”, yet it is not simple plagiarism.
I give this book full five stars.

I received this book from the Lovereading.
Thanks.

Solar Powered Dancing Cow
Solar Powered Dancing Cow

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Solar Powered Dancing Cow
I have got it as a present and loved it from the first sight! It is such a great toy! Every time I look at the cow I have a great grin on my face!!! It just wobbles and makes you happy with no reason. I plan to put it on my dashboard. It will be the envy of the whole neighbourhood!!!

Star Trek - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Star Trek - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 Nov 2011
I have bought this CD after finding myself one day humming a tune and recognising only after a few moments what it was. But first I read some reviews. Someone said it didn't work without accompanying movie. But I do not agree. It is a excellent piece of music. Whoever wrote that is obviously not the "hard-core soundtracker". It is easy to place particular tracks once you watched the film. And the track's names are funny, for example: track no 9 is called - "Does It Still McFly?". I generally like soundtracks and I agree sometimes there are flops. But this one definitely isn't one!!!