Profile for B. Clare Grant > Reviews

Content by B. Clare Grant

B. Clare Grant "themymble" (Tunbridge Wells, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Threes!
Threes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addiction can be fun, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Threes! (App)
This is such a simple little game, part sliding puzzle, part matching pairs. It is very nicely done, with a delightful soundtrack. So pleasant that I can't stop playing. I want my life back, please!

The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric puzzler for fans of glass and brass., 21 May 2014
Continue the pursuit started in The Room by resolving further fiendish conundrums. More of the same eerie puzzles set by an increasingly unhinged 'friend' - which is a good thing because I loved The Room with a passion that brought a hectic colour to my hollow cheeks.

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast and complex HOG, 4 May 2014
This is beautifully done with delightful scenes, good randomisation to make the inevitable revisits fun. The only 'but' is that you might be tempted to pay for crystals to keep yoy going.

Color Oil (Pro)
Color Oil (Pro)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, well made game, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Color Oil (Pro) (App)
This logic puzzle leaves me feeling very serene because of its soundtrack. The game is challenging, but not too frustrating.

CastleVille Legends
CastleVille Legends

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done but a bit slow, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: CastleVille Legends (App)
Adventure in a land of magic and medieval farming. This is a social experience so expect to be pestered about your Facebook friends. It runs rather slow on my Kindle. Also there's a lot of waiting around for quests to finish.

Neon Flow
Neon Flow

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and addictive, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Neon Flow (App)
This neat little game has has an old fashioned vibe to it - reminds me of the pixely games we loved on our trusty C64. It is relaxing and easy to get into. Have fun.

Fortean Times Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Fortean Times Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrific content, annoying interface, 27 Nov 2013
FT's eclectic content is bound to delight with its scientific take on the weird. As with the paper mag the layouts are gorgeous. I'd give the mag itself five stars.

No problems with buying a sub or paying for a back issue. The app doesn't zoom in quite enough and its on-page navigation is erratic. Also there is no way to mark your place when you leave the app. There do seem to be regular updates so perhaps these issues will be resolved soon. I would like to see more integration with the magazine's online content, too.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and beautifully done, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
This game has that same mix of cuteness and sinisterness that makes Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so intriguing. Love the social side, too.

Blendoku
Blendoku

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and delightful puzzler, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Blendoku (App)
I found this quick to learn and easy to get into. Once I got playing I couldn't stop. It's easy to play one handed, too, while I'm nursing my baby. I find colour theory fascinating, so it's perfect for me.

The Letters
The Letters

5.0 out of 5 stars Enticing and rich with detail, 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Letters (Kindle Edition)
I read this all in one go -- I didn't want to escape its clutches until I understood all its twists and mysteries. I felt the same way about Anita Shreve's book, The Pilot's Wife. But The Letters is funny and English and gently domestic as well as enticing.

I first came across Satya through her Small Stones website, and the same poetic attention to detail is a joy throughout The Letters.

Page: 1 | 2