Profile for The Com > Reviews

Content by The Com

The Com "The Com" (South Coast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Canon MG5350 Pixma Inkjet All-In-One Airprint A4 Printer
Canon MG5350 Pixma Inkjet All-In-One Airprint A4 Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very capabable unit for the price but the cost as usual is in the ink,,,,, 9 Jun 2014
Great printer, looks good, is quiet, easy to set up and I especially love the wireless printing capability (even prints from iPad after a bit of faffing, downloading etc to make the initial set up) but as usual the true cost of ownership is in the aftermarket ink supply - a pack of genuine Canon inks is the the thick end of £50 per set and for which I would consider 'normal' family use that's going to be at least every 3-4 months or so. (Personally I've abandonded trying to use the cheap refills for inkjets as they have wrecked at least one previous machine).

Bollé Slide Helmet Visor soft white with grey flash lens + yellow lens Size:L
Bollé Slide Helmet Visor soft white with grey flash lens + yellow lens Size:L

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted to helmet at age 53 - will never go back..!, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bollé Slide Helmet Visor (Sports)
Have been skiing with a group of guys for many years and by 2013 four out of eight were wearing crash helmets. My mate bought the black version of this for 2013 which I was quite taken with and so for 2014 I went out and bought (pre Schmacher) the white version. Used it twice this season as I was lucky enough to have two ski holidyas, one in Jan one in Feb, skiied in all conditions and can quite honestly say this helmet is the business and is a long-term addition to my ski equipment. Comfortable and very light; flip up visor is a great option, as is the ability to change visor between the mirror shade look and the orange filter for low light, or to remove the visor altogether and use with goggles if conditions require. If, like me for many years, you make your kids wear ski helments while you ski around in sunnies and a woolly hat, then it's time to take the plunge. You won't look back.

Outback Omega 250 Gas Barbecue including Cover and Propane Regulator
Outback Omega 250 Gas Barbecue including Cover and Propane Regulator

5.0 out of 5 stars Going great guns so far - very pleased, 9 Jun 2014
First foray into gas barbecuing and didn't want to go for the £600 four burner 'mega' type option immediately as we didn't know really how much we'd use it compared to the old faithful charcoal kettle, so I plumped for this smaller alternative as a starter.... Arrived very promptly, generally well packaged although the tin tray that fits at the base was distorted by the weight of the main unit sitting on it in transit; that was soon straightened out and assembly took about 75mins altogether. Assembly requires care and a bit of thought but a 10m spanner/socket and a standard screwdriver are all that's required. Bought a cheap gas bottle from homebase - the usual 20% off everything this weekend type deal - and we were off and running. Have done two cooks so far and works a treat, including the side burner which is great for e.g. frying onions. Couple of key reasons for choosing besides the size were (i) that it includes lava rocks which for me make it nearer to the charcoal experience (ii) also includes a cover which, whilst it's just a cheap black PVC thing, covers the unit and gas bottle complete when it's all left in the garden (iii) includes the regulator and hose. Only thing you could possibly argue is missing from this design is a 'warming shelf' to park items that are already cooked.

Breaking Bad Typographic Maxi Poster
Breaking Bad Typographic Maxi Poster
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jun 2014
Hanging in our home study, makes me laugh everytime I look at it - "chick's got an ass like an onion - makes me wanna cry". Can't beat BBad.

Colfax
Colfax

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Colfax (Audio CD)
Bought completely on a whim based on a review in Uncut magazine; knew nothing about the personnel or the history but great, thoughful writing, soulful vocals and all around highly melodic material. Love it.

City Slacker T-Shirts Heisenberg Walter White Breaking Bad Men's T-Shirt - White - X-Large
Offered by randomdealseu

2.0 out of 5 stars Naff, 9 Jun 2014
I'm a massive BBad fan but this is very cheap bit of merchandising, might get a couple of wears out of then it will be suitable only for wearing in bed

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty crap, 9 Jun 2014
Very cheap and not particularly cheerful material and printing; bought on a whim and a as a bit of a laugh for my son who'sa big BBad fan but I doubt he'll be wearing it outside the house.

Sonnics 160GB USB 2.0 NTFS Portable External Hard Drive Storage - Blue
Sonnics 160GB USB 2.0 NTFS Portable External Hard Drive Storage - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully as a backup, 9 Jun 2014
Inexpensive, small, light, easy to use - what's not to like. I use a once a week security backup for current work so the device is not plugged in permanently, nor do I carry it with me when I travel, but for what I use it for - perfect.

Lonesome Dove
Lonesome Dove
by Larry McMurtry

5.0 out of 5 stars What a ride!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dove (Paperback)
One of the finest novels I have ever read, 'masterpiece' barely does it justice. Filled with utterly believable characters struggling with an astonishingly hostile environment, for me it is not a 'western' but simply a wonderful story of the American West. Whatever genre or styles you've read in the past, read this - you won't be disappointed

RIM Special Smartphone Battery 3.7V
RIM Special Smartphone Battery 3.7V
Offered by POWERPLUS

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap but fairly useless, 31 Aug 2013
About as good as the battery it replaced which I thought was worn out. If this is a genuine Blackberry product it behaves like a used one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3