Profile for Amazon stop telling everyone what I buy > Reviews

Content by Amazon stop te...

Amazon stop telling everyone what I buy "dr-hfuhruhurr" (UK)

AUKEY Powerpack 20000mAh for iPhone, Samsung, iPad, LG, HTC, Kindle, Tablets etc, Input 5V/2.1A and Output 5V/3.1A Max for 2 Ports (Black)
Offered by Tianyue Dazzling

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds it's charge and is good for at least 5 re-charges of iPhone/Galaxy phone, 29 April 2016
Holds it's charge and is good for at least 5 re-charges of iPhone/Galaxy phone. Not just excellent for trips, but we find we use it in preference to moving chargers around and being anchored to a mains outlet while still using the phone/tablet - we use this in the house as a in-use charger.

Packable Backpack For Men, Women And Children - Lightweight Foldable Rucksack - Use As Travel Bag, Daypack, Carry On For More Luggage Space - Folds Into It's Inner Pocket - (BLUE)
Offered by OUTDOORS WISH LIST

2.0 out of 5 stars Fold up size is too big, 29 April 2016
As a back-pack it's absolutely fine - loads of pockets, good size. However, its selling point is folding it up and although it's easy to do, the final pack size is too big for a pocket. 20cmx22cm by 5cm thick. Probably better off with either a dedicated back pack or a smaller fold-away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2016 1:48 PM BST

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black

2.0 out of 5 stars They lasted 13 months, 18 Jun. 2014
Right ear piece fell silent, never to make a sound again. Pity, they were good headphones.
The clip and anti-tangle cord-tidy work well at the gym.
Sound quality is excellent and so I'm disappointed that they are broken - I wont be buying another pair since I'd have expect more use out of them.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: The Rise and Fall of Pontypool RFC
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: The Rise and Fall of Pontypool RFC
by Nicholas Bishop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insights into the change from amateur to professional game, 3 Dec. 2013
First half of the book charts the story of the Pooler with Ray Prosser's uncompromising fitness and need for southern hemisphere intimidation on field. I was surprised by the revelations about the "extras" handed out by my childhood heroes - it does explain why so many teams cancelled fixtures. I remember so well opposition supporters calling us animals - always thought it was down to our superior fitness, strength and uncompromising pack - but the book reveals that we set out to deliberately hurt the opposition, by fair means or foul. Having just watched the Autumn internationals, so much rings true - the first dilemma faced by WRU (and the Northern unions), to beat the SH, we've got to be willing to embrace the extras.

The second half jumps swiftly, and I think appropriately past the management issues on and off the field at Pooler - just a few facts covered in enough detail to not leave gaps, now we're onto professionalism in Welsh Rugby. From the outset, it seems like the WRU focused on the Welsh team, then the big clubs, then the players when implementing professional rugby. No mention of supporters. Just a basic analysis to say 30 elite players = 2 or 3 regions. A few parochial arguments later and we end up with 4 regions with the same supporter base that they always had. As long as the national team does well, then all is rosy in Welsh Rugby. This book explains the physics and economics of why this is unsustainable and a doomed plan. We can see it today with elite players following the money to the big English/French clubs.
All in all an easy read with contributions from great players and minds in valleys rugby - its great to know that the glaringly obvious solution to professional rugby in Wales is simple and known to everyone in Wales except the WRU.

Philips Active PTA518 3D Glasses for 3D Max Televisions
Philips Active PTA518 3D Glasses for 3D Max Televisions

2.0 out of 5 stars They work - but battery life is very poor, 29 May 2013
But the battery life is hopeless. Need to charge up before use every time and even then, one pair might go "off the blink".
At £40 a pop I'd expect a bit of quality.

Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive Full Upgrade Kit
Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive Full Upgrade Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to upgrade, cheaper and better than a new PC, 21 Jan. 2013
The kit contains a USB to SATA cable and data mirror software, so you just connect the drive, run the software and wait for a couple of hours max. Then put the drive in your PC to see an instant boost in performance. (note that firmware drivers get updated, so you reboot a couple of times).
There is a 2.5" to 3.5" conversion backet, sata cable and loads of screws to help with the desktop install. For the laptop it's a 1 for 1 replacement.

For me, booting up changed from 3-4 minutes to 45 seconds on my desktop, and 25 seconds on my laptop (I bought 2 drives).
Other benefits - all programs run faster - start-up and execution - it really does feel like a new PC in terms of speed up.
The other thing, both my machines are now much quieter - a noticeable difference.

I was considering replacing my PC with a new machine - but the hassle of re-installing everything, transferring over all data and settings - put me off.

Service from amazon and the seller superb as usual.