Profile for Mr. Jason Stafford > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jason Stafford

Mr. Jason Stafford "Jason" (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
KING SIZE ELECTRIC BLANKET 150CM X 160CM WASHABLE HEATED UNDER BRAND NEW
KING SIZE ELECTRIC BLANKET 150CM X 160CM WASHABLE HEATED UNDER BRAND NEW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great electric underblanket, 7 Dec. 2013
Pros:

Fits exactly to the width of a king size mattress (beware some don't)
Two controllers so one side can be turned on whilst the other left off, ideal for those who have differing opinions on when it's cold
Comfortable (i.e. no wires felt in the blanket itself) this was my main concern

Cons (and I'm being picky):
No method to secure to mattress so can wrinkle if you're a shuffler
Controllers not wired directly to blanket, they fit into a socket and you know that sockets there. We have the socket bit under our pillows so you don't feel it. I guess this boils down to positioning and getting used to it, if it was at the foot end it would bug the hell out of me.

All in all, worth every penny for these cold nights

LG 50PN650T 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Plasma TV with Freeview HD/600Hz
LG 50PN650T 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Plasma TV with Freeview HD/600Hz

3.0 out of 5 stars More like three and a half stars, 4 Nov. 2013
First off, the screen ends before the bezel starts, not significant but it annoys me that manufacturers think they can market the razor thin bezel but include a screen border so it's not quite as impressive as LG would make you think. Two HDMI connections are enough but why stick one of them on the side, baffling. In HD the picture looks good, in SD (which accounts for most of TV broadcast) it's sub-par. I've seen better but not in this price bracket so if I could give it three and a half I would, however I only round down so three out of five is fair. It'll take a fair bit of fiddling to make the image look lifelike.

Philips SHE6000/10 In - Ear Virtual Surround Sound Headphones
Philips SHE6000/10 In - Ear Virtual Surround Sound Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Ear trumpets too big, 18 Sept. 2013
I don't have small ear canals but the trumpet part of these headphones meant they don't sit nicely in the ear and as a result leak a lot of noise

Rorschach - Mens T-Shirt - Dressdown - XXL - Black
Rorschach - Mens T-Shirt - Dressdown - XXL - Black
Offered by Dressdown

4.0 out of 5 stars This one fitted perfect, 18 Sept. 2013
Nice quality t-shirt with an obscure reference to Watchmen and Rorscach, really good quality that washes well and doesn't shrink or lose its shape

Nerd Pixels - Mens T-Shirt - Dressdown - XXL - Choc
Nerd Pixels - Mens T-Shirt - Dressdown - XXL - Choc
Offered by Dressdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Check sizing as it's more like a large, 18 Sept. 2013
Even for a standard fruit of the loom t-shirt this one seems a little on the small side, nice quality though

Essential Wolverine - Vol. 6
Essential Wolverine - Vol. 6
by Larry Hama

4.0 out of 5 stars A good collection, but heading towards more contemporary story lines, 18 Sept. 2013
I'm an avid collector of the Essential Collections and really enjoy the early stories, the Wolverine series though does seem to skip ahead a bit though so I feel that I've reached the point where I can happily stop collecting. Also the coloured pages don't always transition well to black and white.

SHAVE WELL FOG FREE TRAVEL MIRROR - Travel version of the #1 selling shower mirror on amazon.com. Now shave comfortably at the gym or while on the road.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mirror for in the shower, especially as it's not glass, 18 Sept. 2013
Not much I can say really apart from it's a nice mirror, the perfect size for the shower and taking on my travels. The only reason it get's four stars and not five is that it can fog up in the shower even after running it under the water as recommended, I guess this is as it cools down again, not really a problem though.

Ultrafire 800 Lumens Zoomable Cree Xm-l T6 LED Flashlight Torch Lamp
Ultrafire 800 Lumens Zoomable Cree Xm-l T6 LED Flashlight Torch Lamp
Offered by SunEast

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement for my lost LED Lenser, fantastic torch :), 18 Sept. 2013
I lost my beloved LED Lenser and wanted to purchase a replacement but not pay the same amount of money again, lets face it it is a torch after all. First thing I will say is that the picture is deceptive as it looks like a small keychain style torch at first glance whereas it's a good size and the barrel fits neatly in the hand leaving the zoom part of the torch sticking out. The light it produces is bright, white and very strong, the sliding zoom function is really neat turning it from a single beam to a very wide flood light. All in all I really like this torch, good build quality and well worth the money.

Sapphire AMD HD6570 2GB DDR3 Lite Retail PCI-E Graphics Card
Sapphire AMD HD6570 2GB DDR3 Lite Retail PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for...this is a bargain, 6 Sept. 2013
I purchased this for my son's new PC because the onboard integrated graphics card was woefully inadequate for games like Sims 3 (wouldn't even play it) and minecraft (was ok on low settings). The difference this card has made is noticable and significant. Whilst I understand the vast spectrum of graphics cards out there and how you can pay for hundreds of pounds for high end equipment I would say beware of cheaper graphics cards (in the sub £30 bracket) as these may only improve the perfomance for playing and watching media and not gaming. As a gaming card this is pretty good with smooth movement, good frame rate and no issues with render settings at long distances. For £50 it's a good deal, easy to set up (downloads the driver tool automatically from AMD) and works perfectly well with Windows 8.

Skagen Stainless Steel White Label Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap 696XLTBLB

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch, 9 Aug. 2013
I hate watches, bold statement I know but they irritate the hell out of me when I wear them. My favourite watches are the ones you can feel on your hand so after my swatch skin died I purchased one of these after a lot of deliberation. It's got a larger face than the more subtle swatch skin but looks so much more expensive and styllish and it is nice and thin (although not as thin as the swatch) and the leather strap is really comfortable. So for a watch hater, this one is awesome.

Page: 1 | 2