Profile for L. Collins > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Feast: Modern Middle Eastern Vegetarian
New Feast: Modern Middle Eastern Vegetarian
by Greg Malouf

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a beautiful book. Considerably bigger than I had expected, 6 Aug. 2015
It is a beautiful book. Considerably bigger than I had expected! My problem with it is that it is called Middle Eastern VEGETARIAN. It is vegetarian - mostly - forget it if you are Vegan - but as such I really don't need to be continually told what meat a dish will go with. It is supposed to be a vegetarian book - that's what it is called - not just a book of vegetable recipes, and frankly to a vegetarian to be constantly reminded of the dead stuff it can be eaten with is offensive. I appreciate he possibly wanted to reach both markets but it is completely unnecessary and has rather put me off what is still a beautiful book.

The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)
The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)

5.0 out of 5 stars the writing beautifully descriptive, the characters have depth and believability - ..., 28 Jun. 2015
All too rarely a book comes along where you both want to finish it to find out what happens and can't put it down, but also don't want to finish because you know the magic can't be recaptured. This is that book. The story is intriguing, the writing beautifully descriptive, the characters have depth and believability - even though clearly they can't be. I loved it - and I'm a fussy reader when it comes to novels. Buy it, settle down with indulgent time on your hands and enjoy.

The Owl and the Pussy Cat - 5 Silver Knitting Stitch Markers
The Owl and the Pussy Cat - 5 Silver Knitting Stitch Markers
Offered by Charmed Knitting UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 15 Dec. 2014
Absolutely delighted! Beautiful pin - a shame to use it on knitting. It may become a piece of jewellery instead. Wonderful to receive from Charmed Knitting who have fantastic customer understanding and service. Thank you - I will be back!

Ladies 1 Pair Elle Chenille Cable Knit Slipper Socks In 2 Colours - 4-8 Ladies - Oatmeal

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy the cheaper socks, 11 Aug. 2014
These are ok but they are quite large and so don't stay on your feet well. The wool tie needs to be tight to hold them in place and the large knit does not make them as warm or comfortable to wear as the cheaper Elle socks. Also after 2 wears the Elle non slip markings on the sole are starting to peel off. Buy the smaller close knit socks at half the price instead.

Rogz Catz GlowCat Collar, Pink Butterfly
Rogz Catz GlowCat Collar, Pink Butterfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays on!, 11 Aug. 2014
Nice collar and on the middle setting my cat is still wearing it after 4 weeks. Something of a miracle!

Ladies 1 Pair Elle Angora Slipper Socks with Heart Grips Teal
Ladies 1 Pair Elle Angora Slipper Socks with Heart Grips Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm soft and comfortable, 11 Aug. 2014
I would certainly buy these again.

Hiding Cat For Apple iPad Mini & iPad Mini Retina Leather Folio Presenter Case Cover with Stand Capability
Offered by Snuggle

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well., 11 Aug. 2014
It does exactly what is expected of it and I love the design.

Lolita Lempicka Midnight Fragrance Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 80 ml
Lolita Lempicka Midnight Fragrance Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 80 ml
Offered by Parfumerie PP&C

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely., 11 Aug. 2014
I prefer this to the original Si Lolita. A more intense peppery Sweet Pea fragrance and it lasts longer.

Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen Wallet Black (4 Sizes)
Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen Wallet Black (4 Sizes)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 11 Aug. 2014
As others, perhaps I bought from a bad batch. I bought 2 sets and out of 4 pens none in the first box worked and 3 out of 4 of the second box. Not what I would usually expect from Faber-Castell but it has put me off buying again.

Marriner Mermaid Bumper Pack | Double Knit Yarn | 100% Acrylic | 5 x 100g Balls
Marriner Mermaid Bumper Pack | Double Knit Yarn | 100% Acrylic | 5 x 100g Balls
Offered by Marriner Yarns

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed! :-), 10 May 2014
I was a bit disappointed when I started working with this wool. I bought a pack and found that it was considerably thicker and better quality than the previous 7 balls of DK wool I'd used of a different make on my 'hippy' blanket - my project while recovering from hip replacements. This is going to make squares much thicker, bigger and more luxurious than all the others! Well - so be it! I'll certainly be buying more as it is lovely to work with. It feels more like I would expect an arran wool to feel and the colours are fabulous!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3