Profile for Thomas Graben > Reviews

Thomas Graben

Page: 1 | 2
This River
This River

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mix of styles, with great vocals. Some truly memorable tracks - the last one nearly had me in tears., 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: This River (Audio CD)
If you`re into the Blues/Soul, or similar, and want something a bit different, try this. It is terrific.JJ Grey has a brilliant voice, and that, coupled with great song-writing and a tight band, make this a gem.( apologies to other singers on album - great also !).

HAL LEONARD GUITAR METHOD MUSIC THEORY GTR BOOK/CD
HAL LEONARD GUITAR METHOD MUSIC THEORY GTR BOOK/CD
by Tom Kolb

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you ever needed to know about......, 20 July 2013
Exactly what I was looking for - music theory for guitarists, clearly explained, great examples on CD and in the book.Made huge steps in my understanding of music in relation to guitar. Great book and great value.

Blues Deluxe
Blues Deluxe

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Bonamassa plays the blues, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
Having already got 2 recent albums of Joe`s,I thought I would try an earlier example - so glad I did. Totally brilliant - very different and rawer sound to recent, Kevin Shirley produced albums.Joes voice has certainly changed since then , whether you think for the better or worse is a matter of personal taste - I think I prefer this.Looks and sounds like he`s playing a Strat, which I know he used to, so, again, very different to current Gibson/Les Paul tones.Definitely worth having as part of my Joe B. album collection.

A Woman in Your Own Right: Assertiveness and You
A Woman in Your Own Right: Assertiveness and You
by Anne Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars title should be changed to include men - they need it too., 4 May 2013
A brilliant book. Explains very clearly the differences between aggressive/assertive/passive behaviour and language.There are still a lot of mis-understandings about what " assertiveness" actually is i.e. it is NOT about just getting what you want.

Behringer UC200 Ultra Chorus Effects Pedal
Behringer UC200 Ultra Chorus Effects Pedal

4.0 out of 5 stars great for the price - works fine., 3 May 2013
a neat effects pedal, which is obviously not up to gigging quality, but is fine for home use. Good range and quality of tones.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars soulful, bluesy, great voice- brilliant first album, 3 May 2013
I`ve read about Jo in the musical press, but it didn`t prepare me for the brilliance of this album.If she doesn`t go far, it will be a travesty.

Don't Lose Your Cool
Don't Lose Your Cool
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant album, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Don't Lose Your Cool (Audio CD)
My second Albert Collins album, and they just keep getting better. Only the 3 Kings come close in my view.

Oskar Emil Rosaria Gents Elegant Stainless Steel Mother Of Pearl Watch With Date

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not a gents watch, 3 May 2013
when I opened the package, I could not believe what I was seeing. The watch is tiny-smaller ( the face, that is) than my wife`s watches. I don`t understand how it could be advertised as a gents watch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 1:50 PM BST

Only Revolutions
Only Revolutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Biffy Clyro CD, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Only Revolutions (Audio CD)
Liked Biffy Clyro for some time, and this album doesn`t disappoint.Full of great tracks, deserve great success this year(2013).Bloody great.

YAMAHA APX500IIDRB DARK RED BURST Acoustic electric guitars Steel acoustic-electrics

5.0 out of 5 stars yamaha apx 500 11 review, 16 Nov. 2012
Very, very pleased with my purchase of this Yamaha.Lovely tone, both plugged in and on its own-surprising volume for a small bodied guitar.Playability is excellent with low action and very usable neck profile, although not so narrow as to make finger picking difficult.Even playing it through non-acoustic amp, it sounds terrific with a great degree of control with on-board controls. Very light, which concerned me at first as I am used to a heavy dreadnought but now really appreciate it-you don`t need a huge bodied acoustic which weighs a ton to sound good.
Finish is superb-lovely redburst colour and no discernible build problems that I`ve found.Overall, great value for money and a guitar I intend to keep for a long time.
Biggest problem was with this seller(admittedly the cheapest) who packaged it very poorly for shipping in my opinion- just in Yamaha box(v. flimsy) with no packing materials around guitar to protect it.Quite shocked to see this when it arrived, compared to other guitar internet purchases.

Page: 1 | 2