Profile for Urban Vaper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Doom (PS4)
Doom (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Home Doom!!!, 21 May 2016
This review is from: Doom (PS4) (Video Game)
What a fantastic game - I completely love it; how addictive is it. . . buy it now, and you'll see.
Fast-paced, relentless action, to a metal soundtrack!!! It really doesn't get any better. The graphics are awesome, as is the "classic" Doom gameplay.

5 *'s all day long!

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Division's Destiny. . ., 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
I simply adore everything about this game. It plays ultra smooth, and the graphics are awesome.
I have put roughly 20hrs into the game so far, and am loving every minute of it. I honestly can't rate this game enough. I don't wanna get into specifics, as it would just spoil it for others, but what I will say is that, in my opinion, the overall set up is a bit like, The Division, another brilliant game.
I would give this game 20 stars if I could, and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Offered by games-n-console-land

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game - 5 stars All the Way, 25 Mar. 2016
Not my sort of game at all - in fact, I can honestly say, that this type of game is everything that I have always despised. Stupid fighting situations - rubbishy storylines - not to mention, I simply detest any form of crappy super/marvel hero type stuff. . .

BUT

An online game reviewer did this entire game on YT, and following a fit of insanity, I watched it.
Well, I couldn't order the damn thing quick enough.
I've had just over 24hrs of gameplay out of it to date, and it was all I could do to tear myself away to visit the bathroom!!

I totally love everything g about it. Awesome graphics, and the crappy fighting situations I spoke of - once again, awesome!

I have no problem in giving this title 5 stars - I highly recommend it in fact.

And if, like the old me, you hate this genre of game - I suggest you give it a try. You might just surprise yourself.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rekindled Love Affair!, 29 Jan. 2016
I had the first one on PS3 when it first came out, but never finished it.
I'm so glad they have offered this trilogy on the PS4 - I am so in love with the first one all over again. I haven't looked at 2 & 3 because I don't know if they continue on from each other.
One thing though - and it has no bearing on this review or the star rating I gave - it says not for resale on the back of my box, and I just wondered why?
If you love great games, then you need this in your collection.
Buy it - you will NOT be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2016 2:38 AM GMT

Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Buy For The PS4/3, 29 Dec. 2015
Awesome sound quality and extremely comfortable on the ears. Highly recommended. VSS is very impressive and at £49,(bought on Boxing Day Deals and got £18 off), very reasonably priced.

Dying Light Be the Zombie Edition (PS4)
Dying Light Be the Zombie Edition (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome game - best zombie game out there, 21 Dec. 2015
How can I sum up this game after having it for two days . . . well, it'll cure you of oversleeping!!!
What an awesome game - best zombie game out there, (with this gameplay structure at least).
The graphics are second to none, and although I am dying a fair bit, (down to my gaming ability, not the game's fault), I have found it one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

If you like zombies, and you love gaming, then you NEED this game!!
5 stars!!

Anger is an Energy: My Life Uncensored
Anger is an Energy: My Life Uncensored
by John Lydon

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm just glad he chose to write about himself, 10 Oct. 2014
Well, all I can say is. . . thanks John!
This is an absolute belter of a read.

The intelligence of Mr Lydon really is not unexpected, (to me),and why not/ A man who can write the lyrics that John produces already told us, long ago, that he could write a book. I'm just glad he chose to write about himself.I genuinely feel privileged, as a fan, to see John bear his soul telling us openly about some really, very personal things.

I don't think you have to be a Sex Pistols or PiL fan either. . . it's not about a famous band member, it's about a guy who just happened to be in a band. Had the Pistols never existed, "Anger is an Energy" would have been no less interesting for me.

Once again, Thanks for writing this John. . . 5 stars!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 4:49 PM BST

The Survival A True Story by Lisa WB Following A Fine Line A Balance to Survive.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome book., 5 Sept. 2014
An Awesome book. . .

I read Lisa's first book, and was dumb-struck.
So, when I learned she was publishing a second, I simply couldn't wait to get my hands on it..... and I'm so glad I did.
She continues to be an inspiration to us all, and that inspiration is clearly recognised within her written word.

This book is a "must read" for everyone. It doesn't matter what walk of life you come from, you will get something out of this book.

I was lucky enough to be able to receive a signed copy of her first book, "A Fine Line - A Balance to survive", and read that, as I did this one, in one sitting.

The, sometimes hard, read had me on the edge of my chair and the tears rolling down my cheeks, (please bear in ind - I'm a shaven-headed, tattooed 46 year old!).

If you choose to read this and haven't yet read the first, I urge you to do so first.

I take immense pleasure in giving this five stars - well done Lisa, and thank you so much for sharing. . .

Into the Dark
Into the Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Promising New Author, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Into the Dark (Kindle Edition)
Ms Dillaway is certainly a very promising new addition to the e-book world - I read "Into the Dark" in just one sitting; and my adventure flew by.
I was totally hooked with the story-line, (not giving away any spoilers), and didn't realise just how well written this debut novel was until I'd finished.
The writing style flows superbly, and, coupled with the way Ms Dillaway utilises her description skills, I honestly felt like I was actually a part of the book.
I highly recommend this book, and give it a five star rating.
I'm looking forward to more from this writer.

Anelisse: A True Story of Child Abuse
Anelisse: A True Story of Child Abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Written by a Talented Author, 12 Nov. 2013
I downloaded this book last night - and finished it this morning!

The story - with no spoilers - was one of the most horrific I have ever read, and I find this again and again with books like this but the authors - in this case, Adriana Bellini - seem to hold unmeasurable writing talent. (I too am a published author and survivor).

I can only say to Adriana,that she is a brave, and selfless person.

Please read this book - although it is a hard read, (in terms of content, not writing), you will be pleased that you did.

I hope to see more books by this author in the future

Page: 1 | 2 | 3