Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Simple Goal System - Win At 100/1 Odds: 45 Mins Is All You Need
The Simple Goal System - Win At 100/1 Odds: 45 Mins Is All You Need

2.0 out of 5 stars Blink and it's read., 26 Jun. 2016
It took me a whole 10 minutes to read this book, or was it 5. He provided a betting idea that anyone with a modicum of football knowledge and intelligence could figure out for themselves. Now the £1.99 I paid for this seems a bit steep.

Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac)
Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drawing tool, 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
for the price, this is pretty good. Drawing using my bamboo is a joy. You shouldn't compare it to Adobe CC or even elements because these programmes also have to function as photo-editors. The former being out of the price range of us mortals. Purely as drawing software, this is hard to beat. I've only given 4 stars because creating brushes can be a bit confusing, although you do get the hang of it. Also, the perspective tool isn't as is intuitive as I'd hoped. However, it's a good addition. If you're into drawing and illustration, then for £20 you can't really go wrong.

Sevenoak 3X Magnification View Extender Viewfinder DSLR Viewfinder Magnifier with 40mm Adjustable Diameter Lens for 3" LCD screen DSLR Canon 100D/60D/650D/600D/6D/7D /7D Mark II Series/1200D/700D/70D/EOS M/M2/5D Mark II
Offered by Oxford Street

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and effective., 15 Jun. 2016
it does the job. it's quite secure when fixed to my Canon 650. You have to push your face right into the rubber to see the whole screen, but like I say, it does the job.

Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 Plus (PC)
Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 Plus (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor upgrade, 15 Jun. 2016
I bought this to replace my magix edit pro14 edition. I was pretty happy with 14 and would have been content to continue with it but I required the new proxy function, so decided to upgrade. All I can say is this is one poor upgrade. Proxy aside, for me, it's a backward step. You get lots of automated pre-sets but much of the manual adjustments I used previously seem to be missing, If they are there, then magix is doing a good job of hiding them. Magix also assume we all have an internet connection. Although I do, god help anyone who doesn't - you'll have an empty box to play with. Another thing, why ask me to download the MP4 codex after I've installed the programme. Couldn't this not be done at the same time. Anyway, I've provided enough time reviewing this undeserving software. Magix - you have lost a customer and I'll be using something else which is more user friendly in future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2016 2:50 PM BST

Near-Death Experiences; True stories of Near-Death Experiences told by real people. True stories of those who went to Heaven.

4.0 out of 5 stars glued to the pages, 2 Aug. 2014
A well executed and readable book. The stories were all equally engrossing and, hopefully, true. At times I became frustrated because I wanted certain stories to continue, but were cut short and I was left asking, 'then what happened?' I think this was intentional by the author, but frustrating nonetheless. It's a subject, that unless you're personally involved with the gathering of information, you're never 100% convinced of it's authenticity or genuineness. Overall, it was quite riveting and had me glued to the pages until finished.

The Near-Death Experiences of Suicide Survivors: Suicide Survivors Describe their Near-death Experiences (Near Death Experiences)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't impressed., 1 Aug. 2014
10 separate stories, allegedly, from suicide victims. Each story was short and all followed the same theme - kill self - die - meet God or Jesus and get a second chance at life. As you can see from the 2 stars, I didn't like it. Not because of the subject matter, but because the stories were so short that they lacked the detail that you would expect to make them seem reasonably credible. Now I may be ignorant of various laws, but why would you put in the following legal disclaimer;
'any perceived slight of specific people or organizations, and any resemblance to characters living, dead or otherwise, real or fictitious is purely unintentional.'
I could imagine putting this in if it was a fictional piece but not non-fiction. I'm sure some lawyer out there may wish to comment.

The Afterlife Unveiled: What the Dead are Telling Us About Their World
The Afterlife Unveiled: What the Dead are Telling Us About Their World

3.0 out of 5 stars an overview, 29 July 2014
A sort of objective review of other books - so nothing new or startling here if you read these 'afterlife' books. It was structured well and easy to read. I had it finished in a matter of hours. It you're looking for an overview on the subject, then this would be a good place to start. Otherwise, maybe it would best to actually read the books referred to by the author for more depth.

You are Not So Smart
You are Not So Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 28 Jun. 2014
I downloaded this into my kindle to read on holiday and it didn't disappoint. It falls into the popular psychology type department, offering us insight into numerous beliefs and misconceptions we hold about the world. Easy to read and well referenced, with 48 individual chapters exploring these errors of thinking and how we often delude ourselves. If you enjoy layman psychology books, then this offers a relaxing, interesting and enjoyable read.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Offered by whybee-ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 28 Jun. 2014
Got these as a present via amazon. Kept the water out throughout my sea swims. Were generally comfortable, although after about 30/40minutes, felt pressure/discomfort on the bridge of my nose. I seem to have that problem with most goggles, so wont deduct a star for that. Otherwise, I can't complain as they're the best goggles I've used to-date.

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent lens, 10 Oct. 2013
I use several lenses which have variable focal lengths, but this is my only prime lens. I wasn't sure if I made the right choice buying this but as it was fairly inexpensive I thought I'd give it a go. I'm somewhat neurotic when it comes to sharpness and tend to scrutinize the pixels when examining my shots. It's a bit flimsy feeling and doesn't have IS and I was wondering whether to give it 4 or 5 star rating. I went for 5 because I was aware of it's limitations before purchase and bought it with that in mind. My main reason is that compared to lenses I have costing 6 or 7 times as much, this is an absolute cracker when it comes to sharpness and beats the other lenses hands-down. I haven't noticed any particular defects regarding distortions, and this lens has taught me that if you want quality, get prime lenses. For price and subsequent quality you can't go wrong having this in your kit bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4