Profile for Arianne Solo > Reviews

Content by Arianne Solo

Arianne Solo (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Moshi PalmGuard 15-Inch Unibody with Trackpad Protector (99MO012206)
Moshi PalmGuard 15-Inch Unibody with Trackpad Protector (99MO012206)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant protection, slightly clunky appearance, great buy, 13 Dec 2013
The product is brilliant I want to say that first. It fits my US bought 15inch Macbook Pro perfectly and it's protected the trackpad and wrist wrest from those unsightly discolourations most laptops get from constant use.
The negatives are minor. The colour matches the laptop almost perfectly so that's not really an issue. But the surface finish is a BIT too grainy to touch so feels odd at first. You soon get used to it though. And it's a matt finish which is great because there's no glare off the surface.
The main problem is, I think, the thickness. It's a very thick protector which is good because I suppose you know it's doing the job. But it just looks a bit odd. It does stop that weird vibration thing that you get when you rub your fingers across the metal body of the Macbook though. Which is good. It always creeped me out.
Anywyay I've had mine for 2 years and no need to replace it yet. I was reluctant to pay £22.00 but I'm glad I did because it is SO good and it protects the computer so well. And it's really easy to clean if you get any small marks on it. I just did it with a little IMS and cotton swab.

So yes...very good product. Don't let the price put you off. It's almost perfect! And it really does what it says on the tin.

Ladies Womens Warm Stretch Full Knitted Nordic Aztec Fashion Designer Leggings Size 8 10 12 14 16 18
Price: £4.43 - £6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Haven't bought these BUT price mislabel!, 1 Dec 2013
Have a look at the price listed: £5.80 to £6.95.
"Ah!" I think to myself. "I am quite small. I will not have to pay £6.95. I will be paying a lower price as £6.95 must only be for the larger sizes."
Wrong.
ALL the sizes sold seem to cost £6.95. Now, £6.95 isn't too much to pay for leggings. BUT because of the false advertising it's totally put me off buying them!

The Complete Sherlock Holmes
The Complete Sherlock Holmes

3.0 out of 5 stars Conan Doyle excellent as alwys, this edition a bit lacklustre, 26 Jun 2012
The entre Holmes canon for a mere 77p is certainly a bargain but this Kinle edition has been poorly transcribed/proofread. There are several formatting errors throughout, the most annoying of which is the lack of a space around the dash used when the narrator or speaker makes an interjection in his/her exposition. Although this has very little effect on readability it creates odd compound words (e.g. 'strode-in' and 'manner-towards' in "he strode-in a peculiar, halting manner-towards the table") which the Kindle searches for in the dictionary as one word. This means that if one wants to look up one of the words adjacent to the dash in the dictionary it will not come up, the dictionary searching the compound word instead. Add to that the frequent typos which irritate more than anything else and it means that it's probably worth paying a wee bit more for a reputable edition.

Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Single Flat Sheet
Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Single Flat Sheet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sheets- shame about the colour!, 6 Sep 2011
I'm happy with these sheets and unlike the Terracotta sheets I bought from Linens Limited the colour of these sheets are close enough to the photo that I'm not too disappointed. The green is definitely more muted than the photos. It looks like a bright lime green there- I would definitely call it a more olive green. Not olive green like in military uniforms but the bright olive green of a green olive in a jar...
Still it goes really well with the Textiles Direct sheets in Aubergine as they both have the same muted tones so it's a good colour combo in that respect.

Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Single Fitted Sheet
Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Single Fitted Sheet

Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Purple
Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour! And great product!, 6 Sep 2011
I ordered this product through Amazon's marketplace which showed it was "Used- Like New" and I have to say that though the packaging was a bit the worse for wear the actual product itself was pristine!
It protects my new MacBook Pro like nobody's business and I've only had it for a week so I cannot comment on the longetivity of the clippy tab things but to be fair in 7-9 months if the tabs fall off I'll buy a new one and call it money well spent for the protection it gives my computer.
It's got one small scratch already (my fault- not the product's fault) and I'm just so glad it's there because if it wasn't on the case it would be on the computer!
The Speck branding is visible on the front as one customer pointed out but it is NOT massive! It's hardly noticeable! And certainly not obtrusive. I'd say this is a tiny issue really! The company wants to promote its brand and I see no problem with the way they've done it. It's not concealed but it's in small text etched into the inside cover of the lid case in the bottom left hand corner. Totally fine.

I'll come back in a few months and let you know how the tabs are going but at the moment this thing is the best. :) And the colour purple is perfect. Exactly as in the photo!

Edited 2013:
The tabs are going in places, notably around the top left of the computer...but after 2 years that isn't bad at all. I want to replace it because the tabs are broken but the colour is so good and you can't get the same anymore. And the one broken tab doesn't affect how well it stays on at all. Still a good product.

Beauty-Boxes Valene Rose Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case
Beauty-Boxes Valene Rose Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 6 Sep 2011
The colour is fab and it's a great little box. It's the perfect size but still holds LOADS of stuff. One small niggle is that a lot of standard lipsticks are too 'tall' to sit in the small trays comfortably but I've gotten around that by careful arranging. I have LOTS of make-up so not all of it will fit in very well but I didn't want a massive make-up box so I chose this one on purpose knowing it would be a tight squeeze!
Still it holds loads of make-up. A max of 48 lipsticks (Of the same size as standard Revlon lipsticks)for example can be fitted in the top tier (both sides) alone. And the large bottom space is tall enough to put foundation bottles, nail polish, even one of my moistureizer pump bottles standing upright! It also will hold small perfume bottles.
I love it. And the colour is really vibrant and magenta-y and slightly metallic looking. Fab make-up box!

Top Quality Unisex White Lab / Doctors Coat
Top Quality Unisex White Lab / Doctors Coat
Offered by Food Safety Direct Limited
Price: £10.99 - £12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, heavy lab coat!, 6 Sep 2011
The lab coat is exactly as pictured and it's good quality- nice heavy polycotton mix. It has snaps/poppers/things on the front to close so no fiddling with buttons which is great.
Only problem (for me!) is that if you're a woman you may find that the size you would normally get for your chest mesaurement is a bit tight around the hips.
I ordered a size 2 inches larger than my bust measurement which fits just fine, nice and fitted, not too baggy, across my chest. BUT I forgot that my hips are nearly as wide as my bust (hourglass figure is not as great as it sounds!) so I have the same level of fittedness around my hips and arse...which makes me look a bit weird when I wear it...
So just be warned ladies- probably best to go 4 inches up from your bust measurement if your hips are about as wide. If your hips or belly is wider than your bust go for 2 inches above your widest point!

Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Housewife (Standard) Pillowcase Pair

What's a girl gotta do to get bright lime green (or even apple green) bedding?!

Passion Faux Silk Single Bedspread (Mulberry)
Passion Faux Silk Single Bedspread (Mulberry)
Offered by Bedding Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described!, 6 Sep 2011
Despite a previous customer's review that it's not the colour in the photo- this bedspread is actually exactly as described.
And you get the look of a silk bedspread for the fraction of the price. I haven't subjected it to heavy use yet so I don't know how well it stands up to wear but so far it looks and feels lovely. And the colour is exactly as shown. Note that it's silk-effect so the colour shimmers. The picture shows how the purple looks in the shadows which is closer to how it appears most of the time but in bright light (sunshine) or from certain angles you do get that flash of bright purple as shown in the photo of the bits draping over the side of the bed. I recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3