Profile for K K Vellasamy > Reviews

The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment
The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment
by Adyashanti

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for your Next Steps?, 21 Feb. 2011
After Reading, adopting and practising All of Eckhart Tolle's messages (A new earth and the Power of Now), this book is the second step for myself. Here is why? After attempting to live "my" best life in this human incarnation within the best expression of my self, I found my self, not knowing what to do, where to go in the context of having something to do.

So I was getting depressed and feeling hopeless as I was aware that I cannot be part of man-made structure yet I am human and gracing planet earth now. Since I do not have any inclination to drop everything and go join an ashram or meditate up the mountains on my own (never been a fan of NOT wanting to be part of this human system), I was truly feeling lost in silence.

This book has brought me back to some clarity which is this: Even this sadness of not knowing where to go, what to do, what is my purpose is everything but being awake. I was shocked to the core that I burst out laughing at the intelligence of the Ego that still managed to make my awareness of 'What is' as part of the person who is lost now identity. What a magnificent thing this EGO is.

I now understand what (or I think I do, not sure here!) it means to be part of the One and truly operating from the non-self.... I think I am beginning to grasp what it means to surrender and most of all I am beginning to be grateful to be here alive and writing this as I feel All is as it should be.

The major thing I learnt what it is to be part of the human race, what it means to squeeze out karmic egoic stuff out of our system as opposed to saying this is life, this is my journey and still being part of the EGOic structure. I also realised actually the EGO in itself is nothing wrong with it, its only a challenge when we do not know when we are operating from it....

I recommend this book to anyone to read but especially recommended to anyone that has been operating by these identities: A spiritual seeker, A spiritual person, A teacher, I am at the service of others, I am here to help others, I am depressed, still praying to god+universe to help you, to assist you (asking when in prayer as opposed to just being in silence.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle, Oprah Winfrey and Adyashanti.

Life is truly as it is... Wishing you all only silence in your journey
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 9:22 AM BST