Profile for Antonio Griffith > Reviews

Antonio Griffith

Initiation Into Hermetics
Initiation Into Hermetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Hermetics, 4 Aug 2014
In the search for enlightenment, I don’t think you find a better guide. The first three steps will prove a challenge to anyone who did not start training their mind from a young age.

The next three steps will likely take the rest of my life to master.

Even if you have no desire to move beyond silencing the chattering monkey which is your mind, finding that silence by following Bardon’s first three steps will deliver you someplace wholly unexpected and entirely wondrous. Events in life become something else entirely. Prediction, telepathy, and shifts in time are just a few of the brain games.

If you’re looking, this is the best place to start. You path may diverge, but the first steps are much the same in every practice. Bardon just delivers them without mushy sentiment.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life (Allen Carrs Easy Way)

5.0 out of 5 stars nonsmoker, 4 Aug 2014
My girlfriend and I decided we would stop killing ourselves and bought this book to help.

She went cold turkey while I was still reading. I figured I better finish the book before I quit too.

My revelation moment came not from finishing the book because I failed to do that, instead it came because I knew it was the right time.

At the start of the book, I found Allen a bit preachy and part of me wanted to carry on smoking just to spite him! I found him a bit full of himself and didn't like how he came across.

However bits of the book and his thoughts stay in my mind and I haven't smoked since I stopped.

While I've not really felt tempted to light up again, I look at my friends smoking and think, yes, it was nice to have a cigarette after a meal. But I know I've quit for good and I enjoy that I am not a smoker.

Would I have still done it without the book? More than likely, but I would have likely found it far more difficult, whereas after reading Allen’s book I actually found it quite easy.

Keep in mind, this book isn't a miracle, you can't guarantee it will make you quit, but if you want to stop smoking, this is an excellent motivator to help.