Profile for Umar > Reviews

Content by Umar

Umar

Prague Walks (On Foot Guides)
Prague Walks (On Foot Guides)
by Frank Kuznik

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, Amazing Walks, 16 May 2014
Prague Walks is one of a series of books (London Walks, Paris Walks, others) that I rate above all others. Beautifully planned, detailed and 3-D maps, each walk is a joy, full of amazing sights and great memories for later :-)

Sufi in Dance
Sufi in Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful CD, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sufi in Dance (Audio CD)
A beautiful compilation with some sublime tracks!Especially Tracks number 4, 8, and 10. Worth listening over and over again :-)

West Highland Way: Glasgow to Fort William: Route Guide with 53 Maps, Places to Stay, Places to Eat (British Walking Guides)
by Charlie Loram

5.0 out of 5 stars A Work of Art!, 21 April 2013
Beautiful book, excellent hand drawn diagrams, priceless WayPoints which can be downloaded from the Trailblazer website, and very detailed info on where to stay, where to eat. I completed the West Highland Way (on my own) last week, with this book (and a basic GPS) in hand, and no need for any other maps :-)

Bvlgari Eau de Toilette, Black - 40 ml
Bvlgari Eau de Toilette, Black - 40 ml
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection in a Bottle, 6 Feb. 2013
This has to be the most beautiful women's perfume I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Better than Channel No.5, better than Angel.

I learnt today that it is a unisex perfume, so have ordered it straightaway!

I think it is not available freely in the UK, so it is great that Amazon has it at such an attractive price :-)

Coast to Coast Path: St Bees to Robin Hood's Bay planning, places to stay, places to eat (Trailblazer British Walking Guide) (Trailblazer Guide)
by Henry Stedman

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!, 6 Oct. 2012
A beautiful book, with excellent and amazingly detailed hand-drawn maps and the waypoints feature is the icing on the cake. I did the coast to coast walk in 2010 with this book at hand, and next year am planning the West Highlands Way :-)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 7 Feb. 2012
Having watched it twice in the cinema, and twice on DVD now, I honestly think I will not see a better movie in my lifetime. The performances, the casting, the storyline, the soundtrack, the editing, all perfect. Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, John Hurt, what can I say, words fail me... Amazing, absolutely amazing acting, brings joy to the genre, a classic, spellbinding tale that hypnotizes you as it unfolds...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2012 3:08 PM GMT

101 Questions Students Ask About Cooking - from the author of bestselling student cookbook Nosh4Students
by Joy May

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect!, 30 Sept. 2010
I am a novice cook, interested in improving my cooking skills, and this is the best book I have ever seen about cooking. Although it covers more than just cooking, the recipes that I have tried so far have been amazingly spot-on. I am generally quite intimidated by recipe books which describe complex ingredients and cooking techniques. Especially the measures in mls and grams are a bit off putting for a novice like myself. The use of measures such as 'mugs' instead of 250 mls etc. is a refreshing change. :-)

This book offers 'Foolproof' recipes, which have actually made my life much more interesting, since I now have at least 5-10 mouth-watering dishes that I will be learning over the coming days. Not only are the recipes extremely simple and inviting, the fun diagrams/cartoons are light-hearted and bring a smile to the face.

I would strongly recommend this wonderful book to all the novice cooks out there who would like to learn more about cooking, without getting tangled up in complicated recipes. Five stars all the way!

Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day
Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day
by Gael Lindenfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Value for Money, 29 Aug. 2009
I will give this book five stars- because it works for me. :-)

Some tips are common-sense/common-knowledge, while others are refreshingly innovative and/or offer new perspectives. For example, Tip 161, Surround yourself with stimulation, with a quote by David Freemantle, forced me to reflect on my own boring surroundings and daily routine, which had hitherto been in my 'blind spot'.

This title is not about a unifying strategy for dealing with low self-esteem. Rather, it presents little tactical manoeuvres to deal with the issue.

I would strongly recommend it!