Profile for Mrs. S. FAULKNER > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. FAULKNER

Mrs. S. FAULKNER

The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks
The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes - make sure right size slow cooker!, 18 May 2014
I've tried a few recipes from this book.

At first I thought the book was not very good - food getting burnt, drying out and not looking like the pictures. I was using a 6.7litre crock pot.

After trying some other cook books with similar results I decided to try a 3.5 litre slow cooker and it's made an amazing difference!

In the 6.7 pot I did think it was half full - which is why I persevered so long! But the 3.5 is the correct size for these recipes and they are much tastier and fit in the pot fine!

I do think the pictures are misleading though - there are some pictures which contain ingredients not in the recipes.

Our favourite recipes from this are the meatballs and chicken with leaks and bacon.

i-Blason All New Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch Tablet (2nd Generation) ArmorBox 2 Layer Convertible [Hybrid] Full-Body Protection KickStand Case with Built-in Screen Protector for Kids Friendly (Pink/White)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 May 2014
Excellent protection for my kindle from my toddler! Good screen protection. It is tricky to get on but there's a video that shows how.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 July 2013
Very easy to use, much easier than forehead and under tongue thermometers I have tried, especially with a toddler that won't stay long well!

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
by Tarek Malouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 Oct. 2011
This is an excellent book! So far I have made hot chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes, cherry cupcakes and a cardamom loaf - they have all been delicious!
I have followed the instructions/recipes and had no problems! When I've made cupcakes the mix has made more than 12-16 - more like 16-18, but this is good for me! I don't like too much frosting so I only make half frosting and have found it covers all cupcakes to a suitable amount (less than 5mm high of frosting - if you like a lot of frosting make the full amount!).

The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)
The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)
Offered by Value Games Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Jan. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an excellent game/fitness work out. I have tried Wii fit, my fitness coach and ea active and find this far superior.

Once you have done the assessment it choses the fitness level your work out should be and lets you chose work out length and how often you want the sessions. The exercises are well explained, easy to follow and flow well.

10 Christmas Party Boxes - Suitable for gifts or food
10 Christmas Party Boxes - Suitable for gifts or food

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Nov. 2009
These are lovely boxes, great for Christmas food gifts! Size as expected from the measurements provided.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely and unusual, 30 Jun. 2009
Cat Cathy flower pot holder is a lovely design! It looks great and is also sturdy, so no worries of the flowers falling out!

Rachel's Food for Living
Rachel's Food for Living
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book!, 30 Jun. 2009
This is a great cook book with lots of tasty recipes. Ingrediants are readily available and the instructions are straight forward and easy to follow.