Profile for G. J. Williams > Reviews

Content by G. J. Williams

G. J. Williams (Prestwich,Manchester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lanaform Vapolux Humidifier with Remote Control for The Wellbeing of All The Family

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate humidity sensor., 3 Feb 2014
For 78 I expected precision operation from this unit, however this was not the case for the following reasons ;
1.Inaccurate display of actual room humidity.
2.Facility to set required humidity level is unreliable as unit switches itself off before desired level is reached.
3.When humidity level is set to auto unit behaves unpredictably when set to varying levels of output.(Shuts down then will not switch itself back on regardless of actual humidity level)
4.When set to auto/high output unit shuts down probably due to sensor picking up the high moisture level around the unit,rather than the moisture level in the whole room.

Have returned this item and instead purchased the Pureaire Ultrasonic Humidifier,which runs completely silent apart from the odd gurgle now and then as the water level adjusts.No auto control but more reliable.Paid 29.99 for this unit and would recommend.

Sky+ Plus HD Remote Control, Retail Packaging includes 2x Duracell Batteries, Manual

5.0 out of 5 stars Not remotely disappointed, 9 Oct 2013
Item arrived within 24hrs using my 1mth free trial of Amazon Prime.
Just added batteries then searched for my TV code using SKY Customer Services on my TV.
Took a few seconds to programme it to work my Panasonic TV and that was it,done.
Works just as well as the original at fraction of the cost in the shops.
All good.

Prima Home Test Multicare-In Meter for Glucose/ Cholesterol/ Triglycerides
Prima Home Test Multicare-In Meter for Glucose/ Cholesterol/ Triglycerides
Price: 79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 11 Jun 2013
I agree with Olena Hall(See previous reviews).Ordered this item which should have included test strips for cholesterol,tryglycerides and blood glucose only to receive the cheaper version which only included test strips for blood glucose.
As for performance,I have tested for cholesterol and tryglycerides and results were 5.4 and 1.0 respectively.I recently had a blood sample taken at my doctors surgery and they came back at 6.3 and 1.8 respectively,so draw your own conclusions.
Have not as yet had a test meter that gives accurate results and I have tried several brands.
I would recommend returning this item for a refund!!!

D-Link DHP-307AV/B 200 MBPS PowerLine Homeplug AV Network Starter Kit
D-Link DHP-307AV/B 200 MBPS PowerLine Homeplug AV Network Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Connection, 23 Mar 2013
Very pleased with these adaptors as they proved to be compatible with my TP Link PA211 adaptors(Of which I have 4).The D Link(24.99) duo pack are currently significantly cheaper than the TP Link PA211 (29.56) duo pack but work just as efficiently and pairing with the TP Link PA211 was achieved within seconds.
I use these plugs for various items of equipment including my SKY BOX(Excellent for catch up TV for BBC/ITV/Channel4/Channel5 plus Sky channels that I subscribe to)PS3,Two Ethernet printers.
In general these plugs are a revolutionary piece of equipment as they prevent the need for unsightly lengths of wiring and are also more reliable than a wireless connection.
Recommended.

Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable UTP Lead 5M
Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable UTP Lead 5M
Offered by Everyday Electrics
Price: 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars A Snip, 18 Dec 2012
Works fine and for a quid what more could you ask for?
I found connections to be quite robust and once plugged in that's the job done so obviously there is no further mechanical wear and tear.I used mine to connect my Sky HD box to a powerline adaptor which then connects to my router.All good

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Companions to my WD Livewire Powerline AV adaptors, 4 Dec 2012
Already had 2 WD Livewire Powerline adaptors for my network to connect my printers and Playstation upstairs to my router downstairs.
Needed to connect my 2 SKY HD boxes (1 in conservatory and 1 in lounge) to this network and because of the price decided to go for these TP-Link adaptors taking a chance on their compatability.
So pleased when they paired up with my WD adaptors and I can now use the ON DEMAND facility on my SKY boxes which download a 1 hour programme in a matter of minutes.
Brilliant piece of kit which I would highly recommend

Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor
Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 7.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit for purpose, 24 Oct 2012
Purchased this item following the failure of my Smith Timeguard unit which had given me many years of service.Decided to purchase this unit as it was cheaper than the Smiths Timeguard replacement,I guess you get what you pay for as this item is totally unfit for purpose.I have used several of this type of adaptor during the last 25 or so years and none have performed as poorly as this.
When setting the adaptor up for either "dusk til dawn" or "random" mode,the unit repeatedly switches the light on and off within seconds.This would be a dead give away to any potential thief.
I have read other reviews on how to get round the switching problem,but this should not be necessary on this type of unit as other brands perform perfectly OK.
Have returned mine for a refund and purchased a Smiths Timeguard adaptor instead.

Draper Expert 48373 10.8-Volt Cordless Rotary Drill
Draper Expert 48373 10.8-Volt Cordless Rotary Drill
Offered by tooltime uk ltd
Price: 31.44

1.0 out of 5 stars Cordless,batteryless,useless!, 26 Aug 2012
Upon receiving this my first glance of the product was pleasing.However,I quickly noticed that no battery or charger was included in the box despite the Amazon description page indicating no battery was required.I assumed wrongly,that the battery was integral and the charger would be in the box.How ridiculous of Draper to sell an item that cannot be immediately used and without making it obvious that a battery and charger would be needed.I have purchased several battery operated items over the years and all have included a battery and charger.Nil points to Draper.Amazon you need to change the description of this item to make it apparent that extra purchases are required to get this drill to operate.

Gigaset E500A Big Button Twin DECT Cordless Phone with SOS Function and Hearing Aid Compatibility - Silver
Price: 82.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper by far, 24 July 2012
At the time of writing,bought 2 single units at 19.97 each from Amazon.Used one base as the master unit and the other as a charger unit for the extension handset which obviously does not require the telephone wire provided to be connected.(Just registered the extra handset to the base master unit as per instruction manual).Works great and 32.60 cheaper than purchasing the twin unit.

Sleepwell Luxury 100 Percent Cotton Heated Duvet with Intelliheat Technology Double and Dual Control

3.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious Customer Service, 8 Mar 2012
Having recently purchased this item,I needed to contact Imetec with a query.Unfortunately after several attempts I came to the conclusion that nobody was available to answer the phone,which was particularly irritating as there are approx. 4 submenus to encounter before you eventually get the message"Call Terminated".What happens if and when I need attention to the item under guarantee?Not impressed.That said,the item itself is excellent and as always Amazon deliver free and in good time which is why I have awarded 3 stars.The score on customer service alone would have been zero.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3