Profile for Christian Olesen > Reviews

Content by Christian Olesen

Christian Olesen

The Six-Figure Second Income: How to Start and Grow a Successful Online Business without Quitting Your Day Job
by David Lindahl

2.0 out of 5 stars Alt-title: "E-business for dummies", 30 Aug. 2012
I bought this book based on quite good feedback on Amazon.com.

Actually I was reluctant to reading this book after a swift flick-through - it just seemed too basic and too shallow.

I starts out pretty good - I've read so many of these books and 9/10 of them preaches: "Make an info-product" (easy for an author to write, of course, we bought the book). I was actually encouraged to write one of my own by this, so it was somewhat inspiring.

Then you pass the 100-page-mark and it's down hill! For example, they give 40-so examples of ways to make money from an info-product. All this is fine, when you look at it in the 2-page table-form, but then you flip the page and they've spend more than 20 pages (!!!) elaborating each and every point?!? I mean - this was so usefull I actually got quite upset. I figured the authors must have sat down, brainstormed a list of topics/ideas. They then wrote ½ a page on each idea and published their book.

They do make a great impression, telling you just why these info products will sell, but they then shamelessly abuse their own methods - in their own book.

As an internet entrepreneur, I was sadly dissapointed. This may be good if you have never, ever read anything about "the internet" (and even so, I'll recommend "Get Out While You Can: Escape The Rat Race by George Marshall" instead), but if you've tried e-business before, this is sadly useless.

How to Make Millions with Your Ideas
How to Make Millions with Your Ideas
by D.S. Kennedy

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly outdated., 23 April 2011
I believe the title for this review says it all. I don't live in the US. and so have no insight in to "what works" in the US. However, I live in Denmark which is, along with Japan, probably one of the most high-tech countries in the world (yes, I'm bragging) and this book is so outdated I didn't even finish it. I read and read and FINALLY there was a chapter which, I thought, would capture my attention with new exciting informations and strategies... So, I read on untill chapter 8: "Superhighway to millions: The Brave New World of Electronic Direct Marketing" and I was like: "finally, here's a chapter on e-marketing"..... nope. Instead I read half a chapter about "infomercials".

I think the least the auther could do is write a 2nd edition - spice it up with NEW material!! A lot of books are perfectly fine even though they're 30-40 years old.

This book, however, is NOT like good wine. It should have been enjoyed years ago.