ARRAY(0xb413db1c)

Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
by Anthony Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 23 Dec 2013
I remember years ago I read a book called Magician by Raymond E Feist - and I was blown away. This book is easily as good as that. One of the best fantasy books I have read in years. And I have just read both "The Name of the Wind" and "The wise mans fear" and George RR Martins Song of Fire and Ice. Those are all excellent books. This outdid all of them. The world that Anthony Ryan builds is extremely believable and the plot is excellent. Buy this and give it a chance - you wont regret it.

6 Pack Screen Protector For New Apple iPad 4, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 2 Tablet Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by iBox Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product - the screen doesnt appear to be as sensitive after applying., 19 April 2012
The protector went on fine and I was able to achieve a bubble and dust free application. I followed some instructions on youtube and a few useful tips were a)applying the cover in a steamed bathroom and b) using a credit card to smooth out any bubbles.

It looks fine and when the Ipad is on you cant tell that it is on. You can tell when the Ipad is off if you look closesly enough and the difference is obvious if you put it next to an Ipad with no screen protector.

My main criticism is that the touchscreen sensitivy appears to have been slightly affected by the cover. It doesnt happen all the time but it does happen.

I have a much more expensive Mediadevil Magiscreen cover on my iphone and that really is virtually invisible when the phone is off. it also hasnt affected the touchscreen at all. So I suppose you do get what you pay for.

I will stick with this protector for now but If the screen sensitivity turns into a more frequent problem then i will change it to a Mediadevil protector.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 1:47 PM GMT

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-X46 16GB Extreme 45MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Packaging Varies)
Offered by Westernvelt UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card and super fast, 15 April 2012
I have always used Sandisk Ultra or Extreme cards and they have always been reliable and superfast. This card is no exception. Perfect for my DSLR and for high def video recording. Pricey but worth it when you consider how precious your photo and video memories are.

TeckNet® New Apple iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Leather Case / Cover and Flip Stand With Magnetic Auto-Sleep Function + Screen Protector & 2-in-1 Stylus Pen For New Apple iPad 4rd Generation, iPad 3 & iPad 2- Black
Offered by TECKNET

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, 15 April 2012
I have a new 3rd gen IPad and really wanted the Invision cover. However they haven't released their new stock with a working sleep / wake function ( Apple changed the new IPad magnets polarity so all the third party IPad 2 covers sleep / wake function won't work until the manufacturers change the magnets in the covers). I bought this cover as a interim measure and TBH I will probably keep it permanently. It looks smart and resembles real leather, although more bulky than the Invision cover. It offers good protection and feels quite firm. The stand is better than Invisions and seems more sturdy. The sleep / wake function can be hit and miss although it works 90% of the time. Best of all is the price which makes it exceptionally good value.

Apple iPad Jacket, Sleeve, Bag, with Strap- Black & Blue trim, by STM
Apple iPad Jacket, Sleeve, Bag, with Strap- Black & Blue trim, by STM
Offered by Appods

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for new IPad, 15 April 2012
I bought this bag as even though my IPad has a cover I still wanted something waterproof to carry it in. I have a 3rd gen IPad and with a tecknet cover it fits into the bag perfectly. The bag also has pockets for your iPhone, papers and the charging cable (although this may stick out when put into the pocket). It looks great as well with good quality materials used. Recommended.

Remote Controlled Infra red Micro Helicopter - Gyro Flyer (3 Channel)
Remote Controlled Infra red Micro Helicopter - Gyro Flyer (3 Channel)

3.0 out of 5 stars ? faulty batch, 6 Jan 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
As previous reviewers have commented - the model I was supplied with is different to the one in the picture. The stabilising bar is now inbetween the blades and extremely flimsy. As a result after one flight the bar started to clip the lower blades and the flyer is unflyable. I contacted the seller (not Amazon) who admitted that they have had lots of customers contacting them with similar issues. My friend has a previous model with stabilising bar above the blades and this flies perfectly. Do Not Buy until they change the model.

UPDATE - I have now managed to get one of the older models where the balancing bar is above the blades. This new model appears to much more durable. It flys very well and is great to control. I think its great. I would give the old model 5 stars and the new model 1 star - as it appears to be hit and miss which model people will receive I have gone for 3 stars overall
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2011 1:00 PM GMT

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x FRONT Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen protector currently available, 12 Nov 2010
I initially received a screen protector with the case I bought. It was awful - it was really obvious on the screen. I did lots of research and this phonedevil screen protector had brilliant reviews on Amazon and other sites.

It may be more expensive but it is truly worth it. Speedy delivery and excellent communication throughout. The screen protector really is invisible - absolutely no one has realized it is even there and are surprised when I tell them. Recommended

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Wii)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Wii)
Offered by media-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars best football game available, 6 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been waiting for a version of pro evo for the Wii for ages as I dont have a PS3 / XBOX 360. Having played previous versions of Pro Evo which I loved, I then played the PS3, 2008 version on my brothers console, and I was disappointed. Then I bought the Wii version and it is in a different league. The attacking play is fantastic with the wiimote. Other reviews have commented on the defensive play, but I found that once you get used to it, it works very well. Sure, the graphics arent the best but, thats to be expected with the Wii. Intitially the controls were daunting and it isnt easy to get into so, its not the best for a quick game with mates who haven't played it before. However the tutorials are excellent and once you give it time the controls become 2nd nature. The final thing to mention is the online play which generally is smooth but, sometimes I have noted slowdown.

Overall highly recommended.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing game, 2 Dec 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is probably the best game that I have ever played and I have been playing video games for years. The graphics are very good, the background score is cinematic in quality and brilliant, but above all the gameplay is as good as it gets. There are so many moments in this game that will bring a smile to your face.

The only minor downside - it can be over quite quickly. I completed the main game in approx 2/52 - and thats not playing it every day. However its value is greatly increased by the extra stars on offer (u need 60 to complete the main game , there are 120 in total to find), which I suspect will take me a while.

If u are unsure about this game then take the chance - u wont regret it. This is from someone who was always way more into Zelda rather then Mario. Zelda has been trumped.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games I have ever played., 3 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having played most of the previous Zelda games, with my favourites being "A Link to the Past", "The Wind Waker" and of course "Ocarina of Time" I would have to say that this is just as good. OOT is still the one game I remember as being absolutely amazed by when I first played it and it was the only reason I bought an N64. Whilst this doesnt have the same wow factor as its not the first 3D , 3rd person perspective zelda game, to be honest its probably better than the others in the series. The gameplay is as to be expected brilliant. It is familiar in places as a lot of the locations are ones used in the previous games, albeit with a new story around them. The Wii controls are very good and become second nature after 5 minutes. Its much more fun waving and pointing the Wiimote, than pressing some buttons on a joypad. The story is engrossing as in previous installments.

Overall I would say that this is must buy for the Wii and it must be one of the best launch games for a sysytem of all time. Even if you don't like role playing games there is no way you won't enjoy playing this.