Profile for R. Vincenzo > Reviews

Content by R. Vincenzo

R. Vincenzo (Caserta, Italy)

Wilderness Heart
Wilderness Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock n roll old style, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Wilderness Heart (Audio CD)
I have just received today the cd of the latest allbum by the Canadians Black Mountain. I am already in possession of their previous two albums. I find this group expressing music that is to be considered out of time.
The music from this new album is in the same lane as their first cd, you put it in your stereo and you won't pull it out for months.
The musical proposal given by Black Mountain in this 3rd chapter is as usual close to a psychedelic rock sound of the 60's, with the incursions of their femal voce it seems very similar in some parts to a modern and cleaned out Jefferson Airplane.
I find this album though a little bit more poised and reflective, but all in all you won't get tired of it even after many listens.
I recommend this album very much, it's vintage rock that has influences from all over but at the same time is very original. Just go out and buy it and don't thank me, thank Black MNouyntain for existing.

Hombre Lobo
Hombre Lobo

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcomed return!, 14 Aug 2009
This review is from: Hombre Lobo (Audio CD)
I ordered through your website the latest album of the eels, I must say that this album is very very good. If you compare it to the preceding albums that E has done, I would say that this album is close in sound to the Beautiful Freak album that was output over 10 years ago.
The album is not all on the same note, you can hear through the various songs how the album changes paces and moods. I have to say at the moment that this album is a ray of light in a scene of darkness at the moment, rhythm wise this album is one of the cd's that you can listen to over and over again and not get tired of, one of those albums that one day you prefer one song another day you will prefer another, exactly what a very album should offer.

United States
United States

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff from paul & co., 22 Jun 2009
This review is from: United States (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of paul gilbert, since he was with Mr big, I find this album a return to the sounds and type of music that he used to do with mr big only with a sound alot closer to queen, this thanks to freddie nelsons voice. Pauls guitar playing is always on top gear and i find the album a grower, the more you listen to it the more you find similarities with other groups of the 70's 80's and 90's.
This album is a must buy, even for the fact that Paul is going to be toiuring europe this summer and to see him live should be another great experience.

Como Te Llama (+DVD)
Como Te Llama (+DVD)
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for the new strokes album, 15 Jun 2009
This review is from: Como Te Llama (+DVD) (Audio CD)
I came across this album, already having Albert's first album, and waiting for the Strokes to publish some new material.
I have received this cd a week ago and am very impressed that the sound is very good ayou don't get tired of the songs at all.
I find the cd very good but not ecellent, if this is the direction that the strokes are going to be taking well with the contribution of the other guys of the group it should be a knock out.
Buy it and enjoy it, i sure am enjoying the music.

Moon Is The New Earth
Moon Is The New Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Second Album, 9 Feb 2009
This review is from: Moon Is The New Earth (Audio CD)
I have very much appreciated this cd by Rose Hill Drive, whilst the first album had a sound that could be compared to new groups on the scene like Black Mountain, Wolfmother and Black Stone Cherry. All groups with a southern rock 7o sound. I find this 2nd album much closer to a Zepp sound and the more you listen to it the more you get hooked to it.
I find them very similar to the new Irish group called the Answer, only these chaps come from the states.
I suggest you invest some money in these guys and you won*t be disaapointed at all.

Sunday At Devil Dirt
Sunday At Devil Dirt

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail the King and Queen!!!!, 27 May 2008
This review is from: Sunday At Devil Dirt (Audio CD)
I must say that I am very impressed by this album. I didn't appreciate the other album done by these 2 artists but this one hits the bullseye!! It has the same sort of atmosphere that is created with the Robert Plant duet album, but this cd creates much more of a relaxing atmosphere.
There isn't a weak track on this cd. Don't hesitate on buying it, even if the only reason why I bought it without even having heard a note is for the King- Mark Lanegan. As I do understand Isobel Campbell has written the majority of the material and Mark has given his final touches.
If you appreciate this album, I also suggest you buy The Gutter Twins- Saturnalia, anothe masterpiece. Take advantgae while these artists are in their highest creative veins!!! and you can say I know those guys and impress with musical culture.