Profile for weasley figbat > Reviews

Content by weasley figbat

weasley figbat "weasley_one" (Reading, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gearx Hi Visibility Vest 4 Motorbike or Industrial Safety Wears
Gearx Hi Visibility Vest 4 Motorbike or Industrial Safety Wears
Offered by Gearx Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 24 May 2015
This was ordered after being coerced into wearing hi-vis on my motorbike by my wife. I looked for something I would therefore not mind wearing, since I was not necessarily wanting to wear it. This appeared to fit the bill in terms of look, size and cost. I ordered a XXL to fit over my L jacket, and it fits a treat; no flapping at all during a 600 mile tour of North Wales. The adjustable, elasticated side laces mean it is snug and comfortable. The neck hole is large enough to not interfere with comfort when fully zipped up. I keep earplugs in one of the front pockets and the other is a useful place to put my key when filling up or off the bike. I have not found a use for the 'kidney' pocket yet and I would not trust them to be waterproof. I suspect that in warm weather this may be hot to wear as its not a breathable fabric, but in cooler weather it does act as another layer.

Crucially, nobody pulled out in front of me, and whilst filtering on blocked motorways people did appear to get out of the way more than usual (although this may just be wishful thinking). I can't say if this makes people more observant, but if I MUST wear hi-via, this is one I am perfectly happy to wear.

Anker® 60W 6-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia, Motorola and More (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I never knew I needed, 11 May 2015
This is just what i didn't know I was looking for. We have a lot of devices in our house that need regular (and sometimes irregular) charging. iPads (two 3s and a Mini), iPhones (two 5cs, one 5s, two 4s), Blackberry, TomTom Urban Rider, Sony Ericsson MW600, two Kindles and so forth. This meant we had an array of chargers plugged in to several sockets, and always seemed to use up all the points/cables when I needed one. Now we have the Anker unit with various cables plugged in - only one power point is taken up and it happily charges all of them to 100% as quickly as their dedicated chargers do.

It looks and feels a bit Appley (in white) and feels solid and well-made. So far it has worked as expected and makes no discernible noise.

New Unicol Linen Gymbag Childrens Pe Gym Class Kids School Drawstring Bag Sack
New Unicol Linen Gymbag Childrens Pe Gym Class Kids School Drawstring Bag Sack
Offered by ONLYuniform

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Mar. 2015
It's bag-shaped and blue - that's what we needed, that's what it is. Good quality material, well-made.

Warspite (Ark Royal Book 4)
Warspite (Ark Royal Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Less action, more politics, 5 Mar. 2015
Having stumbled across Ark Royal a while ago and following the series I was, like others, surprised and pleased to see another instalment. This was less about fighting the aliens and more about politics and tensions (albeit with some alien fighting included). It is easy enough to engage with and there are few back-references to previous books, although there is a level of assumed knowledge about the technology.

The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 3)
The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fitting finale, 5 Mar. 2015
Having read the first two I felt compelled to see the story through. Being familiar with the main characters meant it was easy to get into and the few back-references made sense. The finale was not what you might expect or wish for the characters, but at least it did complete the story. A decent enough read and an easy-to-read style.

The Devil's Work
The Devil's Work

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sequel, 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Devil's Work (Kindle Edition)
When I read the first Cal Winter book it wasn't offered as the first of a series, but it felt like a pilot and I said so in my review of it. Here we have the second instalment and I found it possibly a better read. It is gritty and not too fantastical with the characters' exploits. I still don't tend to like books written in the first person voice, but with this (and the previous) it works well. It rattles along at a decent clip and offers plenty of action, interspersed with details about equipment and operations that is clearly from a position of knowledge (and/or good research).

Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 21 Feb. 2015
I struggled a little with the writing style, which was at times a bit busy, forcing a lot of information along with occasionally over-written similes. However, the story was intriguing and genuinely gripping towards the finale. It is set in turn-of-the-millennium London and makes numerous references to brands (some long-since gone) and current affairs of that time and location, which may pass by anybody not of that era or location.

The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 2)
The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Having read The Boy from Reactor Four, I was ..., 12 Sept. 2014
Having read The Boy from Reactor Four, I was compelled to read the follow up. It was a decent holiday read and followed on well from the first book. The side-kick brother was a bit of a convenient plot device but just about tolerable.

What I found most intriguing was the insight into Ukrainian history and tension with Russia, given that I read this when these tensions were heightened again. It added a contemporary relevancy that made the book not only decent fiction, but also documentary.

50mm / 2" Chrome Switch / Plug Socket Screw Longer x10
50mm / 2" Chrome Switch / Plug Socket Screw Longer x10
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Long screws with the right thread!, 3 July 2014
Needed because the sockets in my house are well-recessed and the screws that came with the plug faces weren't long enough. These are!

75mm / 3" Chrome Switch / Plug Socket Screw Longer x10