Profile for G. RINGHAM > Reviews

Thermos Stainless King Flask with Handle 1.2L Blue
Thermos Stainless King Flask with Handle 1.2L Blue
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says on the tin., 29 Jan 2014
Excellent product. I like the handle which flattens down for easy packing. This is the most efficient flask Ive ever used in sub zero conditions. A winter fishermans dream.

Bert Weedon's Play in a Day: Guide to Modern Guitar Playing (Guitar)
Bert Weedon's Play in a Day: Guide to Modern Guitar Playing (Guitar)
by Bert Weedon
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Playing guitar doesn't have to be as in depth as this !, 31 Oct 2013
Despite the easy start to this book it rapidly becomes too indepth. A trait of the old days when it wasn't the done thing to skip all the complicated stuff before learning to actually play songs. These days of required instant success, there is a wealth of information on Youtube that will inspire you and teach you to play many songs withing a very short period of time without even considering reading music or learn an apparent endless number of cords as Bert teaches. Go look up the 4 cords that once learnt,will enable you to play thousands of songs. The more complicated stuff Bert teaches can then follow on if you want. This is the site I learnt from. A guy called Riptart. [...]

Snugpak The Sleeping Bag - 3 season
Snugpak The Sleeping Bag - 3 season
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 31.40

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldnt have bought better for the money., 19 Oct 2013
An excellent buy. I've used it two times now, both in wet winter conditions, plus cold and damp. Snug, warm and cosy. But I do have my doubt's as to how it would stand up to sub zero conditions? However this will never affect me so that's not a problem. Glad I bought it. .

A Field In England [DVD]
A Field In England [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julian Barratt
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and challenging !, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Field In England [DVD] (DVD)
Since first seeing this film on TV I've watched this DVD over 10 times ! That's the measure of its brilliance for me. It's story line is so original and so challenging to work out in a mysterious way that this - along with attention grabbing characters - you'll be hooked within the first two minutes.

Revitive CX Circulation Booster
Revitive CX Circulation Booster
Price: 110.82

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE One !, 19 Oct 2013
Excellent buy ! Thoroughly recommended. I cant imagine any machine of this type could be any better. Cured my restless legs within two operations.

Beware of Pity
Beware of Pity
by Stefan Zweig
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those who 'Feel', 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Beware of Pity (Paperback)
I cant speak highly enough of this book! The best read our family has had in many, many years. Beautifully written with a humanitarian story line that will stir all your emotions - both men and women! I'll leave it up to you :)

Waspinator pack of 2
Waspinator pack of 2
Offered by USAVEUK FREE UK DELIVERY FAST DISPATCH
Price: 10.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Waspinator pack of 2
This artificial wasp nest must be totally real in its appearance because as I was mounting it in my fruit tree I got stung twice on the legs from two wasps inhabiting a nearby nest that I hadnt noticed. A small price to pay in order to validate the authenticity of this product by the professionals. And my plums remained untouched by wasps through the season.

Eyelevel USA2 2 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size
Eyelevel USA2 2 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Oct 2013
The Polarising effect was very poor compared to other Polaroids I've used for fishing. However, strangely enough, if I tilted my head to one side when viewing the river the polarizing effect actually did take place? Were my lenses mounted wrongly ? I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
by Eckhart Tolle

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading!, 20 Mar 2013
Eckhart puts into modern day language and understanding, spiritual knowledge that has been around for thousands of years but was clouded in mystery and obscure terms.

'The Power of Now ' is primarily a self help book dealing with the control of our ever inner 'chattering minds ' It's said that to elliminate this problem is to become ' Enlightened ' the term refered to by Buddha. Eckhart points out that incessant mind chatter normally revolves around our past events or our future wishes but never about NOW! As such most of us are going through life living inside our heads never living for the moment, ignoring the full glory of 'Now.' In pschological terms by paying full attention to whats going on in our life at any one moment, and so quelling the inner voice, we open up the gates for new insights and revelations about ourselves and our place in the Universe: Creating feelings of extreme well being.

I can testify to the truth of this philosophy. However to remain constantly in the present 'Now' is not easy but when one achieves it, even for 10mins or so, the rewards are manifold. Of course with greater practice the time scan improves.

Much of the 'The Power of Now ' is written in question and answer form. All questions coming from student questions that have been put to Eckhart over the many years he has been teaching.

A brillantly easy read for those looking for inner peace in a mistaken Society that implies materialism is the path to happiness.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 8:47 PM BST

100 x Charcoal Disc Tablets Shisha Hookah Incense Macallen TM
100 x Charcoal Disc Tablets Shisha Hookah Incense Macallen TM

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 26 Jan 2013
This product and the price exceeded all expectations. These charcoal discs smoke a little more than others Ive bought when first lit but this is not a problem, merely an observation. Previously I'd been paying 8.99 for only 80 !! discs!!

Page: 1 | 2