Profile for Sam Smith > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Blacklist - Season 1 [DVD]
The Blacklist - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Spader

4.0 out of 5 stars ... watching this series over quite a few evenings and enjoyed it very much, 4 Jan. 2015
We have been watching this series over quite a few evenings and enjoyed it very much. I particularly like James Spader who I hadn't seen since Stargate all those years ago. I think this series is very good and money well spent. Well entertaining.

Vikings - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Vikings - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Vikings S2 - Bloody good, 26 Dec. 2014
We really enjoyed the first season and the second season didn't disappoint. Of course it's blood thirsty and it isn't for the faint hearted. We just watched the episode with the 'blood eagle' and it was pretty gruesome but fortunately you were spared most of it as it left it pretty much to your imagination. If you liked Season 1, you will like Season 2. Was surprised they repeated the last episode of S1 on this but it was good as it refreshed your memory of the story. Don't worry, S2 starts at Episode 2.

Black Sails: Season 1 [DVD]
Black Sails: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toby Stephens

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Sails - A bit disappointing, 26 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Black Sails: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Was looking forward to seeing this. Something a bit different I thought. Was disappointed though. I didn't think the casting was very good. Toby Stephens although I like him normally, and is a very good actor didn't really fit this role. Nor did Hannah New fit the part either. She was way too young to command and deal with hardened cut throat pirates. It needed a hard nosed more mature woman for the role. Got a bit bored with it in the end. I may pick it up at a later date to watch.

Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD] [2014]
Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

3.0 out of 5 stars Guardians of the Galaxy (DVD), 20 Dec. 2014
I was really looking forward to this film as I had read all the good reviews. Maybe I'm too old for this but I didn't think much to it. It's certainly not another Star Wars (which I really did like and still do). I think the director(s) didn't know whether to make the film into a comedy or a serious one, so it fell somewhere in between. The 'serious' parts were good and they should have kept it serious and I think it would have been even more poplular. But I was disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 SETS (44 PCS) SUGARCRAFT PLUNGER CUTTERS - Really good price, 20 Dec. 2014
Didn't really know what to expect from this but it seemed so reasonably priced that I couldn't resist it. I received the order in good time and was impressed by all the pieces inside. I might use some of the cutters for cooking, but mainly I will use some of the cutters etc for my polymer clay work. Of course I won't be using the stamps etc I've used for polymer clay if I'm going to use them for cooking. Very good product.

Pure Argan Oil with Damask Rose and Pink Grapefruit Essential Oils.100% Organic. 100ml. For Face, Body, Hair.
Offered by Billy in the Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Damask Rose and Pink Grapefruit pure argan oil - Lovely, 20 Dec. 2014
I have heard many good things about Argan Oil and I enjoyed reading all the good comments about this Billy in the Tree oil. It does smell nice, and it really softens the skin. I don't think you can go wrong with it especially if you suffer from very dry skin like I do,

Happy Birthday (Presents) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Happy Birthday (Presents) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Email Amazon gift voucher - Good idea!, 20 Dec. 2014
I gave this to a friend's husband and I thought it was really good and so did he. You don't have to go trawling around trying to find something which they may not possibly like, so this is ideal. He put it towards something he really wanted. Great idea.

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [DVD] [2014]
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

4.0 out of 5 stars Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [DVD] [2014] - A goodun, 20 Dec. 2014
I thought that out of all the movies I've watched this year this one was one of the best. Good films have been really thin on the ground this year. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan but he was up to the mark in this and Emily Blunt was good too.

New Ladies Velour Fleece LANCASTER Hat-Glove-Scarf Warm Winter Thermal Set Black
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars New Ladies Velour Fleece LANCASTER Hat-Glove-Scarf Warm Winter Thermal Set...Very touchy, feely, 20 Dec. 2014
This is a Christmas present for a friend so I cannot really comment except that while I was wrapping the 3 pieces up they felt really lovely and soft so I'm sure the friend in question will be very pleased. thanks.

Womens Check Print Designer Faux Leather Celebrity Style Tote Handbag (Black & Red Celebrity Fashion)

1.0 out of 5 stars Women's check pint designer Faux Leather bag - Disappointing, 8 Dec. 2014
Received this bag today and am very disappointed. I know the bag is cheap. However, the red is brighter than on the picture, so slightly garish. Also they can't have a quality control person at the factory because the zip has been sewn into the bag to the righthand side instead of in the middle so I have a 2-3 inch gap of the bag on the left hand side that is open to the world! The zip is very bright & brassy looking and it sticks out a mile. I don't know about the other ladies but the material of the bag is very plasticky and hard to the touch. I suppose from a distance it might look like leather but not close up or to the touch. It might be ok to use in the evening/night time. The ONLY reason I'm not sending it back pronto is that I live abroad and can't be bothered with all the hassle. Very annoyed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2014 10:19 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20