Profile for Sam Smith > Reviews

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek into Darkness (DVD), 19 Sep 2013
This was our Saturday film and we enjoyed it although I think it wasn't quite as exciting as the first one. Perhaps it needed cutting a bit more. Benedict Cumberbatch was very good in it and did a good job as the baddy in what I think must be his first big movie part. Chris Pine etc were good too. Perhaps it was that Eric Bana in Star Trek 2009 as Nero was so intense and sexy. Sorry I couldn''t give it 5*

Below [DVD]
Below [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Greenwood
Offered by Arch Media
Price: 8.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Below (DVD), 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Below [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because it was directed by the same director who did The Chronicles of Riddick which I really enjoyed. This wasn't quite in the same league but we enjoyed it anyway. It was quite spooky at times but not too much. It was ok.

The Complete Mosaic Handbook: Projects, Techniques, Designs
The Complete Mosaic Handbook: Projects, Techniques, Designs
by Sarah Kelly
Price: 20.46

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Mosaic Handbook ..., 19 Sep 2013
Have just received this book I find it very good indeed. I have a large collection of craft books and this one is right up there with the best. Great.

Foyle's War - Series 5 - Complete [2008] [DVD]
Foyle's War - Series 5 - Complete [2008] [DVD]
Price: 14.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Foyle's War Series 5, 19 Sep 2013
We have been watching Foyles War on television but had missed the previous series. So I bought series 3,4 & 5. I can honestly say that we really enjoyed all 3 series. Everyone in it is really good and well acted. I can recommend this to anyone. It's a real shame that it's finished. Brilliant.

Foyle's War - Series 3 - Complete [DVD] [2004]
Foyle's War - Series 3 - Complete [DVD] [2004]
Price: 16.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Foyle's War Series 3, 19 Sep 2013
We have been watching Foyles War on television but had missed the previous series. So I bought series 3,4 & 5. I can honestly say that we really enjoyed all 3 series. Everyone in it is really good and well acted. I can recommend this to anyone. Brilliant.

Foyle's War - Series 4 - Complete [DVD] [2006]

Mosaics (Studio Secrets)
by Verdiano Marzi
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mosaics (Studio Secrets), 14 Sep 2013
I was really looking forward to reading this book, due to the studio secrets etc. But on the whole I found the book to be very disappointing. There was only one real project in the book, ie the bird on the lawn, with 2 or 3 other small projects thrown in. So I think there are better books out there. Thanks.

Mosaics for the First Time
Mosaics for the First Time
by Reham Aarti Jacobsen
Price: 5.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Mosaics for the First Time, 14 Sep 2013
I found this books to be very clear and concise. It is very good for the first time mosaicer as everything is set out and there are lots of pictures too. There are some fairly easy projects for the beginner, but I think the mirror on the book cover was perhaps the prettiest thing. Thank you.

Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 1): 1/3
Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 1): 1/3
by Mark Lawrence
Price: 3.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Prince of Thorns, 14 Sep 2013
I didn't know if I was going to like this character.Jorg, because on the face of it he's an outright b.........d big time even though he's only about 13. Raping, pallaging, burning, you name it. But as the story unfolds you have to give him a little leeway because of the way he was treated by his father and the fact that his mother and his little brother were brutally murdered right before his eyes. He also has to stay 'hard' to keep his place in the Brotherhood. Any sign of weakness and no doubt he would be dead. So I'm glad I read it. I am in the middle of the second book, King of Thorns, and that seems to be carrying on with the tale very efficiently. There again his father is an A1 super pig of the highest order and so cruel, (I had to skip the pages with the dog in it) it's hardly surprising that Jorg has turned out the way he is. Never the less, Jorg does seem to be mellowing somewhat. He's in love with Katherine,although he is only very young, 14 I think in this second book.
Thanks.

Parker [DVD]
Parker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham
Price: 4.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Parker, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Parker [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big Jason Statham fan. I love all the action and his personality. Unfortunately, I did't care for this moved too much. There seemed to be something missing. Maybe the story was not told so well in the movie as in the book. I'm not sure. Anyway, I give it 3*. Thanks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16