ARRAY(0xadd1d8e8)

Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Offered by DDL-Direct UK
Price: 24.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 years before leak developed, 26 Jan 2014
Like others. This kettle will develop a leak in a matter of time. Any time between 1 yr and 2 years from the sounds of it.

There seems to be some design issue which causes this.

Samsung NX1000 Digital Compact System Camera - White (20.3MP, 20-50mm Lens Kit) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures with direct email/facebook/google to boot!, 8 Mar 2013
I bought this to replace an ageing compact camera and haven't been disappointed as it has captured beautiful pictures of my little girl.

Initially, the pictures were slightly out of focus, i discovered that this was because of Continuous Auto Focus (CAF) on this camera as the lens attempted to refocus every 3 seconds. Turn this off!

The pictures that this camera can take is stunning resulting from the full size APS-C sensor you would find in a Digital SLR.

In SMART mode, it's pretty much a point and shoot. Of course in this mode, the camera guesses the lighting conditions and attempts to take the best pictures. So it can be a bit hit and miss.

For those who like a bit more control, this camera can do fully manual/Shutter/Aperture priority too.

A feature that i really really love is the ability to email photos direct from the camera or upload them to facebook or google photos. This saves SOOO much time and ensures that those precious moments can be shared immnediately. Which is useful if most of the time if you, like me, can't be arsed to connect to PC to do the job.

The latest firmware 1.12 seems to have resolved all the issues that people have been talking about. I had no problems with wifi and the like.

The bonus is obviously the free tablet .. the Galaxy Tab 2 can be upgraded to the latest Android Jelly Bean out of the box. I liked this tablet so much i sold my old one on ebay.

At 350 this is one of the best value items you can get for your money. And given the quality of the pictures

If you're on the market for a 'next step up' camera from a compact and not after a 'professional' camera, then look no further. This is for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 8:50 AM BST

TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
Price: 19.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Use with Virgin Media Superhub - Drops network about 2x a day., 31 Oct 2012
I received this item yesterday. Installation was 'relatively' straight forward. Though i encountered the problem that my devices could see the new wireless network but had no internet connectivity on all but one of my computers.

I was puzzled. So i logged onto the TP link website and downloaded the latest firmware for this device.

[...]

After firmware was updated, the connectivity issue was sorted. Wireless signal is stronger and much more stable than the SuperDud. I get better speeds than previous on some of my weaker devices.

I'll report back on whether it solves the need to reset my hub every few days. So far so good.

Amazon dispatched item very quickly even with supersaver delivery! impressive.

EDIT 26 Nov: Following a couple weeks of use, I think i might have received a faulty product. The internet connection started dropping about 2x a day and required a router reboot every single time to get it working. Not sure why this is happening, but reading some reviews, it looks like i'm not the only one.

I might have received a faulty unit, but i can't risk replacing it with another unit with the same fault. So will look elsewhere.

EDIt: Dec 2012 - got a replacement unit. read somewhere that the superhub generates alot of Electromagnetic inteference. Wrapped the Superhub in foil and so far is stable.

Fox Repeller FoxWatch
Fox Repeller FoxWatch
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store
Price: 53.45

2.0 out of 5 stars All hype no substance, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Fox Repeller FoxWatch
I read a handful of good reviews for this product and thought i might as well give it a try.

Unfortunaltey, the fox continued digging in my flower bed despite being in full view of the fox watch. I once saw it snuggling up to the device, it's fur glowing red from the LED on the Foxwatch.

Primrose do a money back effectiveness guarantee for the item so you can return it to them if the item doesn't work. So if you would like to give it a go in hope that you may be the lucky few who actually get good experience, then you have nothing to lose (except for P&P for sending it back).

TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Price: 9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars solves coverage issues beautifully, 15 May 2011
The high gain antenna on this wifi dongle solved my weak reception like a charm.

I had a blackspot in one of my bedrooms and this inexpensive solution worked straight out of the box. Use of the plastic stand is optional as you can opt to use it or justplug the dongle direct into your pc.

Casio Men's Watch Radio Controlled WVQ-620DE-2AVER
Casio Men's Watch Radio Controlled WVQ-620DE-2AVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Wave Ceptor 620DE -Blue-, 20 Jun 2008
I got this for my 30th birthday and it is one spectacular timepiece.

I chose the blue faced watch which has 2 contrasting yellow hands.

Some of the best features:

1) Radio Controlled : Programmed to synchronise with the time clock between 12am to 5am. Synchronises once a day.

2) SOLAR powered. The technical details of this watch threw me a little as it specified a battery life of 2 years. I believe this is wrong. This watch is solar powered and has a storage battery.

3) Water resistant to 100m.

4) Alarm function.

5) MOTION/TILT/LIGHT SENSOR. My personal favourite. Goes into power saving (second hand stops ticking) if the watch doesn't move for long periods of time. If the ambient light levels are low, tilting the watch 15 degrees to ground towards you will trigger auto illumination!! Fancy!

It is seriously the most advanced watch you will wear. The back of the watch is engraved with the words 'Tough Solar'. So it is presumably one of the Tough Solar series of watches.

It's a little big, but you get used to the weight and size very soon.

You will also have to get the bracelet adjusted at your local watch shop. Cost me 4 to do.