Profile for Edek > Reviews

Cars and Trucks and Things That Go
Cars and Trucks and Things That Go
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and informative, 11 Dec. 2008
We've had this book for a year now and since it's always staying on the kitchen table we (my 2,5 year old son and me) read it at every meal time. Saying that we must have read it over 300 times by now but still going strong and no sign of boredom on my son's face yet.

Hairy Maclary - Ten Favourite Stories [2003] [DVD]
Hairy Maclary - Ten Favourite Stories [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miranda Harcourt
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the books, 4 Dec. 2008
We have the two storybooks with 10 stories altogether and 8 of them are on this DVD plus there are two stories with Slinky Malinki. The characters and stories are true to the books, the music is catchy. All in all a great treat for my son

The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry)
The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry)
by June Crebbin

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect introduction to poetry, 4 Dec. 2008
I bought this book together with the audio CD for my 2,5 year old son recently and despite my apprehension (about poems in general) it's been one of his firm favourites since then. The illustrations are colourful and funny, and the poems maintain his interest all the way through. Also, the voices on the audio CD are simply fantastic!

A Squash and A Squeeze
A Squash and A Squeeze
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 4 Dec. 2008
This review is from: A Squash and A Squeeze (Paperback)
This was our first book from the Donaldson@Scheffler duo, and my son who was about 1 year old at that time, immediately started to carry it around the house wherever he went. It was the perfect introduction for him to books and since then we've been reading stories every day without fail.
This book, as all the others from these authors are highly recommended.

Hairy Maclary and Friends: Five More Lynley Dodd Stories
Hairy Maclary and Friends: Five More Lynley Dodd Stories
by Lynley Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Dec. 2008
I bought it as a christmas present for my then 1,5 years old son last year. He still loves it and comes back to it from time to time. The stories are fabulous, the characters are unforgettable.