Profile for Sophie > Reviews

Content by Sophie

Sophie

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: 9.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible ending to a once amazing series, 12 May 2013
This review contains spoilers
Let me start off by saying that I have NEVER a) felt so obliged to write a bad review or b) been so gutted with the ending of a book series (and I've unfortunately read Twilight).
Lets be honest, we all knew Sookie wouldn't end up with a vampire, regardless of who that vampire would have been as she never shuts up about how she loves the sun and tanning etc but Sam? Really? How many times has CH reiterated that Sookie felt no chemistry/no sexual feelings towards Sam? And now she expects us to believe that Sookie would just happily settle down with him because she couldn't HAVE Eric?
Which brings me to Eric. Yeah ok so they weren't going to live the rest of her natural life together and he wasn't going to turn her because she didn't want that, but what a lame cop out this book was. After loving each other 'so passionately' there was no fight, no effort, no anything on either of their parts. Sookie, who once risked her life to rescue Eric from an exploding building, didn't even shed a tear? Didn't even moan about it that much? Didn't even sulk? Ok then CH, sure, we believe that.
I have never been a Bill fan but I will say this. For his character to have fizzled out as quickly as he blew in was an insult, but for CH to just palm us off with a half sentence explanation of he might possibly have a relationship with Karin but who really gives a crap, is just plain old ridiculous. I didn't like him but come on, he should have been given a bit more of an end.
And just a future tip CH, bringing back various characters from past books and making them ALL want to kill Sookie at once is not going to make us ignore the fact that you clearly didn't give a damn about this last book, you wrote it to see out the end of your contract and make a bit of money. Its quite clear that you stopped caring about these books a while ago. I'm sure im not the only (ex)fan that is unhappy with this finale after seeing other reviews, and I will go as far as to say I would rather have seen Sookie killed off than end up with Sam. Its like she came full, crappy circle. Telepath waitress with boring life- telepath waitress with slightly more interesting life now that she has vampire boyfriend - telepath waitress breaks up with said boyfriend and a truck load of stuff happens - telepath waitress sleeps about a little bit - telepath waitress falls in love with different vampire - telepath waitress is forced to break up with vampire boyfriend and hardly seems to care - telepath waitress with boring life.
Oh and next time you write a vampire novel series, be sure that they have more than a combined 15 pages spent on them in the last book.
I never thought i would see the day where i thought the tv series/film is better than the books.
And just before i go, you got one star because i had to give something. This book shouldn't even get that.

Rushed and disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 8:51 PM GMT

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars What even is this?, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I literally got to about chapter 4 in this painfully, badly written book before I actually got up and threw it in the bin. I wish I could convince people to spend their hard earned money on something actually worth the expense of this rubbish. I have never in my life heard the same things repeated so many times in the space of one book before. Safe to say I will not be buying the other books, I can only hope and pray every night that money is not poured into turning this into a film franchise, and that this goes away. Sooner rather than later. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to my Charlaine Harris books from now on. At least the 'sex scenes' in her book still manage to convey some taste and decency.