Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "terrorerebus" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon Digital IXUS Sock for 70 / 75 / 80 IS / 85 IS / 90 IS / 95 IS / 100 IS / 110 IS / 120 IS / SX200 IS / 200 IS / 700 / 750 / 800 IS / 850 IS / 860 IS / 950 IS / 960 IS / 970 IS / 980 IS / 990 IS /1100 / 1000 / 510 / 500 / 310 / 240 / 230 / 220 / 125 / 115

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, fast, available., 14 Feb. 2010
This case makes it so easy to carry and use a small point and shoot camera. The camera's handstrap can be secured to the sock's clip so that all items are kept safe and available. The camera is protected from the clip by the thickness of the material used to make the flap of material through which the clip is threaded. A brilliant item. Check it out before choosing any other.

Castles of Scotland: 200 Castles, Tower Houses and Mansions to Visit (Thistle Guide)
by Martin Coventry

3.0 out of 5 stars Better alternative?, 4 Jan. 2010
This fails as a field guide in my view as the map does not give access to the site entry but rather the alphabetical listing of sites gives vague guidance to the map. Therefore when travelling or planning a route it is next to useless. It does redeem itself once you have arrived at a site with concise and useful information, however a better buy is Martin Coventry's much more extensive hardback book of the same title (ISBN 101841584495)available at a remaindered price - mind you this will not fit in any pocket or glove compartment.

Canon 3151B001† LA-DC 58 K Lens Adapter
Canon 3151B001† LA-DC 58 K Lens Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but, 4 Jan. 2010
On reading some other reviews I was almost deterred from buying this item, but persisted because having previously had the same item in respect of the G7 did not think it could be that poor; I was right. It is well made and the bayonet fit is good and tight and does not rattle on my G10.

I was aware that it would not permit photography at 28mm as the image is severely cut off let alone subjected to vignetting. I estimate that it all comes good at about 35mm. When a filter is fitted, circular or square, I have no problem with the optical telehoto touching the filter and shutting down. I have not tried it with the digital zoom facility. Consequently this item does everything I expected of it and therefore I like it.

However it does leave unanswered questions, a) why is there a screw thread dividing the adaptor and b) why is that thread not 58mm?. If the intermediate thread had been 58mm the tube would work at wider angles. There is no explanation I can find why it divides? The fact that it does can only have added to the production costs and the different thread reduced its flexibility!

Pure Move, Portable Rechargeable Palm-sized DAB/FM Radio
Pure Move, Portable Rechargeable Palm-sized DAB/FM Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars DARN DAB GOOD, 12 July 2009
First DAB itself. If you have a mediocre signal then the output is poor. My home appears to be a test bench, variable to rubbish on the ground floor, crystal clear reception on the first floor. In terms of receiver reception its ability appears on par with my Pure Evoke 2.

The 'Which' report gave it a relatively low score because of its sound quality. This concerned me prior to purchase but given the size of the radio I find it quite adequate. However if you want to listen to an orchestral concert use headphones or buy a more suitable device.

I recently took it on holiday and after a week of great reception still have not recharged it. The power pack makes the radio very portable, it truly is a go anywhere machine.

Looks, I like it, everything works as it should and nothing is too difficult to understand. I am very happy with the radio and do not anticipate ever having to concern myself with having the battery pack changed. Its ability to receive FM is alsdo useful, not everywhere has a good DAB signal.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars A CRACKER, 12 July 2009
It is several months since I acquired this lens. As with many buys you think will I use it, is it worth changing, will I end up thinking 'why did I bother?'? The answers are yes, yes, and 'I can't think of taking the camera out without it'. Why, well the resolution is excellent, it produces really punchy pictures, it's light, and the IS function makes it versatile over a range of conditions. For me it helps ensure that at the conclusion of a photographic adventure I have been able to cover all aspects of a subject and I didn't get lumbago carrying the kit there.

I'm no expert and therefore I was pleased to see that the July edition of 'PhotoPlus' said of it, '... sublime optical performance,...'.

The Naval Annual, 1897
The Naval Annual, 1897
by Thomas Alnutt Brassey

4.0 out of 5 stars CONTEMPORARY VIEW, 12 July 2009
This review is from: The Naval Annual, 1897 (Paperback)
The real pleasure for the leisure naval enthusiast in reading this book is the contemporary view it gives of matters of national significance in an age of great political and material change. The only reason for not granting 5 stars is the quality and size of the reproduction of the book, but then the price reflects this. In conclusion it is a facsimile that will give years of interest to the hobbyist and be an invaluable source of information to the researcher.

Nelson the Admiral
Nelson the Admiral
by Colin White

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Colin, 22 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Nelson the Admiral (Hardcover)
There are so many biographies of Nelson and I never thought of the late Colin White as a heavyweight contributor perhaps my view was coloured by 'The Heyday of Steam', an early work of his, perhaps his first. Anyway I was totally and utterly wrong this book brings Nelson alive to me in away that no other author has. My only reservation is that Colin White was clearly an absolutely committed Nelsonphile. This is shown particularly on page 92 et seq in his analysis of Nelson's attack on Boulogne in 1801. An alternative view can be seen in 'The Mariner's Mirror - Aug. 2000' in an article by Remi Monaque - 'The Admiral Who Defied Nelson'.

However, this book is a superb read, and does honour to the memory of Colin White.

Finally I have always liked Sutton publications for the quality of their production and this one maintains that high standard.

Page: 1 | 2