ARRAY(0xabd6e438)

3 bay Warehouse Racking 5 Tier Shelving Heavy Duty 265kgs per Shelf
Offered by The Northshore Outlet
Price: 119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 bay shelving., 6 Mar 2014
I would say these are great value for money. Hence 5 stars.
Some of the horizontal members had imperfect lugs and I had to file them to fit. Some of the verticals had narrow slots and so I had to prise them open a bit with a screwdriver. The plastic end caps have a habit of coming off, so they may need a dab of glue.
The MDF boards will absorb water and warp if water drips onto them, so it may help to varnish the top shelves. The racking is quite stable, but I thought it best to fix a 3 x 1.5 inch baton to the wall behind them (near the top), and then drill and screw them to the baton. If the floor is not perfectly level they won't line up nicely, but that's easily fixed with a little packing under the feet.
I'm completely satisfied with the result, but I wouldn't load it with more than say 50 kg per shelf (unless I fit stronger boards).
There are 15 shelves in total.

Silverline 273193 Drain Rod Set 12-Piece
Silverline 273193 Drain Rod Set 12-Piece
Price: 10.84

4.0 out of 5 stars drain cleaning kit, 6 Mar 2014
Kit includes 10 rods, a worm screw, a plunger and a plastic storage bag.
It did the job, but I don't know how long the rods will last. Many years I expect, if stored in a cool dark place and used once a year.
Important not to turn backwards (anti-clockwise) when in use. If you do, the'll unscrew and you'll lose them down the drain!

The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life
The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life
by Prof Richard Dawkins
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Tracing our origins right back to the beginning, 6 Mar 2014
A very interesting book. I'm about half way now, and reading a bit each night before sleeping.
Dawkins employs the analogy of a time machine, tracing our evolutionary path backwards through prehistory.
I understand his book is based on current scientific knowledge, though I find it easily readable for someone with a short attention span like myself. He compares numerous animals and other organisms and touches on many interesting facts, and our present-day explanations for them.

Silverline 447122 Drop Scraper Head Drop Scraper Head 100mm
Silverline 447122 Drop Scraper Head Drop Scraper Head 100mm
Price: 1.48

4.0 out of 5 stars drain scraper attachment, 5 Mar 2014
I used it to scrape mud out of a 4 inch concrete ground drain (about 7 metres long).
It did a good job, but I couldn't tell if the scraper was pointing downwards or not. Perhaps I should have marked each rod so that I would know if they were at the correct angle for the scraper to drop down. In my case I just kept pushing and pulling them in and out of the drain, and whenever I felt resistance it was a sign that the scraper was doing its job.
Before using this tool, I used the worm screw attachment to break up the mud.

Silverline 633748 Drain Rod Bag 920mm
Silverline 633748 Drain Rod Bag 920mm
Price: 3.55

3.0 out of 5 stars carry bag for drain rods., 5 Mar 2014
The rods themselves are supplied in a clear plastic bag with a pull cord, that's probably OK for storage.
This black carry bag has a zipper on one end to open and shut it.
It looks a bit nicer than the other bag, but it could do with a few pockets to store the attachments.

Silverline 868723 Double Worm Screw Head 50mm
Silverline 868723 Double Worm Screw Head 50mm
Price: 2.75

4.0 out of 5 stars drain cleaning tool, 5 Mar 2014
It did a good job of clearing a 4 inch concrete ground drain blocked with mud and leaves. Important not to turn backwards, or it will unscrew and get lost in the drain.

Avatar [DVD]
Avatar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Avatar DVD, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this film several times over the years, and enjoyed it every time.
It has to be one of my top 10 favourites.

James Cameron's Avatar: The Na'VI Quest
James Cameron's Avatar: The Na'VI Quest
by Benjamin Harper
Price: 3.73

3.0 out of 5 stars The Na'Vi Quest booklet, 13 May 2013
This wasn't really what I expected. At 58 small pages it's more of an illustrated essay than a book.
It seems to relate to the initial part of the film Avatar, prior to any hostilities.
I suppose Avatar fans might want to own it, as a kind of scripture to reinforce the film in their imaginations.

The Emerald Planet: How plants changed Earth's history
The Emerald Planet: How plants changed Earth's history
by David Beerling
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars The Emerald Planet, 13 May 2013
Not quite fair of me to review this book as I'm only half way through reading it.
So far I'd describe it as a "climatology whodunnit". It starts to get interesting after the first chapter, which frankly I found to be quite hard going. Beerling seems to like long sentences, which can be a problem for me as I have to keep going back to remind myself how each sentence started, in order to extract the true meaning. In each chapter, one or more hypotheses are described, and all the arguments supporting it, and then the historical counter arguments against. Then recent findings are revealed, and the original hypothesis might be resurrected in a new form... if you like earth sciences and understanding how and why our planet may have changed in past ages, resulting in mass extinctions of animals and plants, then this could be a quite interesting read for you.
The book has extensive notes and references, to support the material contained in the chapters. He evidently knows his subject.

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Romano
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice Age 4, 13 May 2013
Continuing wacky adventures of the gang. Totally ridiculous of course but fun to watch. Personally my favorite was Ice Age 2, with 1 and 3 also good entertainment. In my opinion this one doesn't quite match the others for musical/artistic value, but still amusing and worth the price of the DVD.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4