Profile for M. Doyle > Reviews

Content by M. Doyle

M. Doyle (Dublin, Ireland)

Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
by Karyl McBride

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 15 Aug. 2011
As the daughter of a narcissistic mother I found this read both painful and enlightening. Painful as I could identify with so many of the case studies and behaviours of myself and my mother.. Enlightening becuase it showed me that I wasn't the only one suffering.. that there was hope for me and gave me the strenght I needed to deal with my mother (still an ongoing job believe me).

I have also got my husband to read the book as I think it helps him understand me better. So far he's enjoying it (if you can use such an adjective for such a subject) - maybe informative might be better.

This book is not about the blame game - if anything I think the authors goal is to give the reader the techniques they need to repair or built a better relationship with their mother - if possible.

Highly recommended.

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick Springform Loaf Pan Carbon Steel 30 cm x 11 cm x 7 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!, 2 Jun. 2011
Having purchased this loaf tin as a present for my husband and subsequently had to get it replaced as the non stick lining came off after it's first use the replacement is also loosing it's non stick surface. Only that he lines the tin with silicon baking sheet it would be completely useless.

Waste of money and embarrassing when it's a gift!

Making Fresh Bread
Making Fresh Bread

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Breadmakers.., 26 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Making Fresh Bread (Hardcover)
While this book wasn't purchased on Amazon (but a lucky find in a bookstore as gift for my hubby) it's the best bread book going. My hubby is literaly the breadmaker in our house and he's made so many of the recipes and they're all delicious... He's read quite a few bread making books and I know he loves this one. Totally recommend it.