Profile for stacey987 > Reviews

Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by Parisa Online
Price: 30.90

4.0 out of 5 stars The toothbrush also has quite a handy feature where it automatically turns off after two mins brushing so you know that you have, 19 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My mouth felt much cleaner after using this than a normal toothbrush, although it did take a bit of getting used to. It takes a long time to charge the battery and its hard to tell if fully charged as no battery indicator on this toothbrush. However, it does seem to hold charge quite well. The toothbrush also has quite a handy feature where it automatically turns off after two mins brushing so you know that you have brushed for the recommended time. Obviously, if you aren't quite finished it just turns back on. Easy to use and operate, mouth felt very clean after use but is let down slightly by not having a battery life indicator on it at all.

Oral-B Pro 600 Crossaction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 600 Crossaction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Price: 25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars He did like the fact that it alerted you every 30 seconds ..., 19 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for my husband and he found that it was quite strong for him and actually hurt his teeth at times. The toothbrush takes a long time to charge fully, he actually left it charing all day and it still wasn't full. However, the charge that it did have does hold quite well and also has a light on the front of the toothbrush to let you know if needs charging. He did like the fact that it alerted you every 30 seconds to let you know to move on to next part of mouth so you know how long you have been brushing for. Did feel that teeth were cleaner after using this than after using a manual, but it did take him a while to get used to it.

Ambi Toys  Pounding Apple
Ambi Toys Pounding Apple
Price: 15.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, enjoyable toy, 7 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My one year old little boy has really enjoyed bashing this around. Its bright and colourful and seems well made. It has had quite a bashing and been thrown around quite a bit and is still in one piece so seems quite robust. Basically, using the hammer or hands you hit the worms in and another pops up. Its not random, the same worms always affect each other, but I don't think a toddler will figure that out straight away, No batteries are required and best of all it has no annoying music like most kids toys these days, although my son does make quite a lot of noise bashing it around but he does have fun with it.

Gro 2-in-1 Night Light with Bayonet Fitting
Gro 2-in-1 Night Light with Bayonet Fitting
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Making night feeds easier!, 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This clipds onto bayonet fitting and turns your light or lamp into a night light, you can still use the original light by clicking the switch twice. This makes life far easier when tending to my baby at night - i can easily switch between night light and normal light meaning I am able to see what I am doing without having bright lights in babies face, waking them even more then needed. Also means I am disturbing my husband less and he can sleep easier while I sort baby in comfort (and vice versa on a weekend!!)

The Winter Palace (A novel of the young Catherine the Great)
The Winter Palace (A novel of the young Catherine the Great)
by Eva Stachniak
Price: 11.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 4 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An enjoyable novel telling the tale of a young girl who finds herself at the russian court and quickly becomes a spy. Full of twists and turns, this novel was a good read which I would recommend

Philips Avent SCF330/20 Natural Comfort Breast Pump & Bottle
Philips Avent SCF330/20 Natural Comfort Breast Pump & Bottle
Price: 23.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Breast Pump, 23 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Came with small bottle, ideal for first feeds. Instructions make the pump seem easy to use, put together quickly and easily and simple to do when needs cleaning and sterilising. Unfortunately breastfeeding did not work out as planned so was unable to fully test pump for review.

Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/37 260 ml Feeding Bottle 1 month+ (Pack of 3)
Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/37 260 ml Feeding Bottle 1 month+ (Pack of 3)
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars do the job!, 15 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using these bottles with my 4 week old who is a milk guzzler and have found this bottles to be perfect. They don't leak, baby has no problems drinking his milk and they are easy to clean and put back together. Thinking of getting another set to save me sterilising every 3 feeds and would recommend them to others.

Easy Meals
Easy Meals
by Rachel Allen
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Meals, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Easy Meals (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a huge Rachel Allen fan and I have a few of her books now. Like all the others in her collection, this book is beautifully presented with a wide variety of recipes that are easy to follow and always delicious. There is something for everyone in this book and offers a wide variety of fresh, easy ideas to feed you and your family even on busy work nights. A must for anyone who loves food and cooking but struggles to think of simple new ideas for after work!

The King's Concubine
The King's Concubine
by Anne O'Brien
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: The King's Concubine (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I actually finished this novel a few weeks ago but didn't write my review straight away as I was finding it really hard to find anything to say about it. I did find it enjoyable, but I wasn't overly excited by it. It was well written most of the way through, with just some aspects of the story and writing seeming a bit far fetched, causing me to skim read so that I got the jist of what was happening. I think the main reason I feel so 'on the fence' about this novel is down to the fact that I read another version of this story (The King's Mistress by Emma Campion) a couple of years ago which I did quite enjoy. I felt that how Alice got to court was more believable in this instance and therefore, was more engaged with the story. However, if I had not of already read this novel then I probably would have been more excited by 'The King's Concubine' as it is the kind of novel that is usually perfect for me. Overall, it was a well written novel that I enjoyed reading.

I Married You For Happiness
I Married You For Happiness
by Lily Tuck
Price: 9.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Left me in two minds, 18 Jan 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As the book begins we realise that the narrator is a very recent widow, having just found her husband dead, and we are hearing her thoughts and reflections upon their marriage and life together. There are no actual chapters, just fairly short paragraphs and page breaks. To begin with, I found this format really interesting; with each paragraph we jump with the narrator to another memory or back to the present. Its not always clear straight away if the current memory is before or after the last, but although at first confusing I felt that it reflected someones mind when they are grieving well with thoughts all over the place, jumping from one memory to the next, going through various emotions, not always making sense etc. However, towards the end of the book I felt that this wasn't working for me anymore as I didn't feel like I had 'got to know' any of the characters very well and despite getting an overview of their many tears together, I felt as though I didn't really know anything about them and that there wasn't really much plot.

I've been left in two minds about this novel. I did find it fairly enjoyable to read and whilst I won't be going out of my way to recommend this to people, I wouldn't tell anyone not to read it either. If you have this book then give it a go, I feel that the author does manage to reflect a grieving mind very well - but if you like a 'plot heavy' book with lots going on then you might find this is not for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4