Profile for Vicky > Reviews

Acctim 92/ 307 Aylesbury Wall Clock, Silver
Acctim 92/ 307 Aylesbury Wall Clock, Silver
Price: 8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars very noisy, 27 Jan 2014
...but cheap and bigger (the numbers as well) than the rest. So far it hasn't broken. I would have given 4 stars if it was less noisy. I would give 5 stars if it was radio controlled but then the price would be higher !

Sight Sound Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics (The Wadsworth Series in Broadcast and Production)
by Herbert Zettl

4.0 out of 5 stars must have for anyone working with visual communication, media production and and creative arts, 5 Jan 2014
We had to study him while doing our MA in Computer Animation here in England. His theory is great and relevant today. This 2013 updated version goes through the latest technology like stereoscopic, visual effects and so on...Ive just bought the 1999 published version and second-hand, more affordable indeed... The 2010 and 2013 versions are expensive though... That's why I rated 4 stars...However be assured that this book is more like a bible, very rich in content and thick. The content by the way is very organized and easy to refer to quickly, especially having the summary closing each chapter. I definitely recommend this book.

Kensington Pro Fit USB/PS2 Wired Mid-Size Mouse
Kensington Pro Fit USB/PS2 Wired Mid-Size Mouse
Price: 14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Using for 3 years, 31 Dec 2013
I have a very tiny hand, smaller than most women and this mouse is great ! Will buy another one to carry on my freelance work around London.

Eastern Philosophy: The Greatest Thinkers and Sages from Ancient to Modern Times
by Kevin Burns

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Oct 2013
I have been reading this book (just starting middle east) and realize how much we are attached to our Western Philosophy and believing falsely that our Philosophy is better and if not, evolving alone and holding the truth. After reading this book I know how much all Western and Eastern Philosophy are intertwined and enriching each other since Plato's time. This book also destroys a lot of misconceptions and prejudices we have about Eastern Philosophy....The reason why I havent put 5 stars is because of so many names of the thinkers the author cite at the same time....I just get lost... and this even includes from further chapters I havent even read yet... Perhaps it would help if the author included a list of names of the thinkers in the back for quick reminder.
Nevertheless, is a good introduction for us to study further.

Electric Clothes Pill Shaver Fuzz Lint Ball Remover
Electric Clothes Pill Shaver Fuzz Lint Ball Remover

1.0 out of 5 stars No adapter !!!, 11 Oct 2013
i wonder how people bought the adapter to use this gadget ? I bought 2 adapters world to UK. One on amazon and one at Boots. None of them worked ! What is going on ??? I will return it !!!

Canon Pixma IP2700 Inkjet Colour Printer
Canon Pixma IP2700 Inkjet Colour Printer
Offered by PreisCompany
Price: 70.66

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 14 Feb 2013
I have this printers I think for 3 or 4 years now and really like it. The only thing you have to bear in mind is that there is no tray coming together and so I am using the tray from my previous Epson printer (that's why Ive given 4 stars and not 5).
The ink is relatively cheap as well. The thing I love is the fact that it comes with some maintenance tools like autopower (turs off after a few minutes idle), quiet mode, roller and bottom place cleaning etc.
Also, unlike Epson cartridges, this one can be surely recycled.

Rattan-ball light chain brown / Ball light chains
Rattan-ball light chain brown / Ball light chains

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 26 Dec 2012
Love it and I bought half price. Due to short cable i think you have to buy an extension to use it.

HTC RHYME SOFT PU LEATHER WALLET CASE WITH FLORAL INTERIOR & ACCESSORY POCKETS BY CELLAPOD CASES BLACK

3.0 out of 5 stars worse than I thought, 26 Dec 2012
Cant take pictures using the cover. You end up seeing the corners of the case. And picture gets blurred. Also it's difficult to recharge using the cover. This cover is not functional...

Gardening - A Beginner's Guide (Need 2 Know)
Gardening - A Beginner's Guide (Need 2 Know)
by Angela Youngman
Price: 8.54

2.0 out of 5 stars no photos, 30 Oct 2012
How are we supposed to learn, being a beginner, with no photos or pictures ?
I started reading and got bored...Better get a tutorial on you tube or the like

Escape
Escape
Price: 8.35

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
learn about it on Spotify and decided to give as a present to my MOM. She absolutely loves it and she plays it in loop.
It comes with 2 cds. Very good for relaxation and meditation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5