Profile for P. Borges > Reviews

Trivial Pursuit - DVD Game
Trivial Pursuit - DVD Game
Offered by Decider

1.0 out of 5 stars Spectacularly Bad, 15 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit - DVD Game (Toy)
One of the reviewers above said that this game had a shelf life of 2 or 3 games - that is way too generous. Some friends and i lasted 5 mins before we gave up the will to live. The categories include things like "gossip" and "trends" and the answer to most questions really is "who cares". This is truly the only game I have ever played (and that includes "snap") where I actually felt dumber at the end. It's akin to watching Big Brother on endless repeat - facile and mindless. I love Trivial Pursuit but there was no trivial value in 80% of the questions in this game and whoever set the questions did it over one afternoon using three copies of last year's Hello and the latest Loaded and Nuts - pretty weak. The box is well packaged though and the dice is transparent which is nice - but no! Buying this game - worst mistake EVER! I do however intend to bin the questions and get a replacement set of the old Genus series because the box and pies are salvageable.

Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper - 300 Watt - White
Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper - 300 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy to use powerful little chopper, 22 Aug. 2005
I bought one of these recently and have been using it a lot more than I thought I would. The instructions suggest you take care with hard veg like carrots or turnips but I've had no problems at all (no reduction in revs for example) and the two speed feature is brilliant. Some choppers I've had in the past tend to pulp everything at the bottom and leave the rest in chunks, but this has the most even chopping motion of any mini chopper I've come across with a really powerful little motor. The bowl is a bit tricky to fit in and remove but even that does not detract from what is actually a pretty good product. As I mentioned - I haven't had it for long, but so far I'm very happy.