Profile for bookworm81 > Reviews

Goodnight Train, The
by June Sobel
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bedtime book, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Goodnight Train, The (Board book)
This is a firm favourite in our two year old's bedtime book repertoire and is a beautifully illustrated board book about a train which takes its passengers to dreamland. Just the right length and so much detail in every picture - our son points out something we haven't noticed on a regular basis!

Infantastic® KDK03 Child Play Kitchen
Infantastic® KDK03 Child Play Kitchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking wooden kitchen, 10 Mar 2014
Bought this for our (male) 2 year old's Christmas present. Assembly took two of us a LONG time (2-3hrs) and the instructions were not at all clear. Few tips: attach the over door hinges to the plinth before installing the plinth; attach the microwave door before the top shelf; if you figure out how to secure the utensil hooks, please tell us!

That said, once built it is a lovely looking kitchen and seems to be standing up well to usual toddler use (standing on the open oven door, slamming the microwave repeatedly etc). Good size for our average height two year old and I can see it getting years of use. Would definitely recommend.

Scola Chubbi 75ml x 8 Paint Markers
Scola Chubbi 75ml x 8 Paint Markers

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit watery, 10 Mar 2014
Bought these as a stocking filler for toddler. Bit disappointed as not as good as the ones at playgroup (which I was trying to replicate) and quite watery, which makes them a bit messy for my mess-averse toddler. Also means the colour is a bit washed out. I need to buy some card/thicker paper for painting as normal paper is wet through easily.

Raleigh Skedaddle 12" Childrens Bike - Red and Black - Boys.
Raleigh Skedaddle 12" Childrens Bike - Red and Black - Boys.
Offered by Bennetts Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first bike, 10 Mar 2014
Bought this recently for our average height 2.5yr old (93cm) and he LOVES it. He is on tiptoes when sat on the saddle, but prefers to walk it along whilst straddling the frame for now anyway. Has a brake and air filled tyres. Also very cool colour and will do for his baby sister when she is old enough. Not too heavy for mum or dad to carry around, and our son is able to turn it easily too.

When Will I Sleep Through the Night
When Will I Sleep Through the Night
by Eleanor Birne

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed until I wept, 17 Jan 2013
Found this to be a very funny book. Read it when my son was 8mo or so and laughed every five minutes when I identified with another bit of it. Makes you realise you're not alone and good for the first book you actually manage to finish in those post-birth months.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)
Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype..., 17 Jan 2013
Bought this when son was 6mo and teething, having read all the rave reviews about it. Maybe our son is the exception, but he's never been bothered by it. Chewed it occasionally, but definitely not worth the money we paid. And VERY squeaky! Don't stand on it during a night feed ;)

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green)
LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy, 17 Jan 2013
Bought this for my 16mo son last Christmas when he was only 4mo. He enjoyed it then, despite not being able to press the paws himself, but he LOVES it now. He can press the paws (since around 12mo) and dances to the tunes. He particularly likes to put the bedtime music on while he plays with other toys. Nice variety of songs and we keep meaning to plug it into the computer and get more. Definitely a plus that it says your child's name. Haven't had to change the batteries yet. Cuddly and hard wearing cover.

Shattered: Modern Motherhood and the Illusion of Equality
Shattered: Modern Motherhood and the Illusion of Equality

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, 17 Jan 2013
Really enjoyed this book and have recommended it to many of my mummy friends. As a recent role change to stay at home mum from professional woman, I found this very interesting and it certainly prompted a few conversations with my working other half.

Master Class 27cm Non-Stick Round Fluted Cake Pan
Master Class 27cm Non-Stick Round Fluted Cake Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great caterpillar!, 17 Jan 2013
Bought this to use in making a very hungry caterpillar novelty cake. Did a test run before the real thing and turned out lovely. Didn't flour it or anything and no sticking problems. It is a big tin though so would need a lot of mixture compared to your average cake tin. Gave a subtle scalloping, even when covered with royal icing. Feels solid and easily cleaned.

Tippitoes Swing Shut Safety Gate Narrow
Tippitoes Swing Shut Safety Gate Narrow
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Jan 2013
Bought this in a hurry after the baby tumbled down the stairs... Easy to fit to the top of the stairs landing, nice small bar along the bottom and have never tripped on it. Opens both ways. Best bit is the closing mechanism - one handed and though there is a bit of a click, it doesn't swing shut so no waking the baby! Baby is now 16mo and hasn't worked out mechanism yet, and it's withstood some rough shaking so far. Easy to use, solid bit of baby kit. Would recommend over the other popular brands.

Page: 1 | 2