Profile for rebecca mayers > Reviews

Content by rebecca mayers

rebecca mayers

New Angelsounds Baby Fetal Doppler Angel Sound Heart Monitor Detector With FREE CDs + GEL + RECORDING CABLE + BATTERY + NOTE CARD
Offered by 5 STAR GADGET
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 20 I have ever spent!, 28 Feb 2013
After reaching 17 weeks and just not feeling or looking particularly pregnant I decided I had nothing to lose by investing in this product. When it arrived I couldn't wait to get it out of the box and try it out...and...WOW! I popped in the battery (kindly supplied) layed on the bed, squirted some gel on the appliance and eagerly moved it around. To my amazement, within a minute* I could hear a perfect little racing heartbeat, as clear as day.
(*In hindsight, this was beginners luck as it sometimes takes a good five minutes, but obviously there's no telling which possition babe will be in)
OK, so now you'll think I'm mad, but this is what happened next...
I got so excited I drove straight to my mothers, in my pyjamas, to let her share the experience! It brought tears to her eyes when she heard it, and it had the same effect on my husband when he came in from work later that day :o)
For reassurance and bonding it's an excellent buy, just get yourself some extra gel (any old cheap aloe vera will do) as the tube supplied is tiny, but do buy this, it will make you smile. Lots. :o)

Shamballa Style Bracelet with Genuine Opaque Moonstone Beads
Shamballa Style Bracelet with Genuine Opaque Moonstone Beads
Offered by Markylis
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 28 Feb 2013
I ordered this bracelet, as a friend had bought me a moonstone to bring me luck through a difficult pregnancy but I couldn't carry it with me all the time. It was exactly what I hoped it would be, a lovely size (each bead is about the size of a pea) and each stone is beautifully vibrant and colourful. I was immediately impressed by its weight and appearance and couldn't wait to put it on. Fab!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 7:22 AM GMT

Remington D1001 Spin Curl Hair Dryer
Remington D1001 Spin Curl Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 8 July 2011
My little girl bought this for me for my birthday and I absolutely love it. I can take my hair from freshly washed to gorgeous curls in ten minutes flat and it holds all day too. Just wash hair, apply serum, stick sections of hair in one at a time (I usually do all of my hair in about 10 spins max) hairspray it all over (whilst still in tight ringlets) then shake shake shake for gorgeous bouncy perfectly formed curls or run fingers through for a wavier look. Couldn't be easier, it's the quickest, easiest way I've ever found to do my hair and people comment alll the time. Buy it, you won't be disappointed and you'll get funky hair in no time at all - with minimum effort - every day!

Five Children And It [DVD] [2004]
Five Children And It [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film!, 22 Mar 2010
Bought this for my eight year old daughter and we both enjoyed it. Brilliantly made and very enjoyable.

Skechers Women's ACTIVE -Bikers Real Deal Trainer Black 21670 BLK 6 UK
Skechers Women's ACTIVE -Bikers Real Deal Trainer Black 21670 BLK 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy beyond belief!, 22 Mar 2010
Can't see them lasting long but who cares for that money..They are the most comfortable shoes I have had for work and I'll have no problem with buying another pair in six months time.

Sylvanian Families Nightlight Nursery Set
Sylvanian Families Nightlight Nursery Set
Offered by Mytoyfactory
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely :O), 22 Mar 2010
As always with anything from Sylvanian Families, this item was not cheap but you certainly get what you pay for. The detail is great and the quality is superb, it really is adorable.

Introducing Dionne Bromfield
Introducing Dionne Bromfield
Price: 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 14 Oct 2009
This album is simple to lisen to, upbeat, gorgeous, happy sing-along music. Dionne is an adorable little songstress with a voice to die for. Obviously highly influenced by her God mother Amy W but who better to follow? (musically anyway...) I bought this album the day after seeing Dionne on Strictly Come Dancing and have not stopped playing it. I truly wish this brand new talent all the best, you have a gift Dionne, please cherish it and stay smart. I am already looking forward to your second album!

Confidence 'Space Saver' Elliptical Cross Trainer
Confidence 'Space Saver' Elliptical Cross Trainer
Price: 99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a shame about the silly faults..., 17 Sep 2009
Firstly I have to admit I was pleased with this product initially.
It's a neat little machine and it certainly ticks all boxes with regards to cardio workout/weight and inch loss.
However, it soon began to fall apart.
It squeaks LOUDLY with EVERY repetition (keeping the user fully aware that they are in fact exercising, it's massively annoying, even the neighbours have commented!)
It leaves little piles of black powder after every use, don't quite know what it is but it's stained my cream carpet.
Nuts and bolts fly off of the thing frequently, despite being checked and tightened periodically.
The foot plates are tilting outwards making balance tricky.
And finally, it rocks from side to side and feels very unstable.
So, after approximately 50 hours of use I am about to shop for a new one, not such a bargain.
I think I will buy a different make this time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2010 4:15 PM BST