Profile for mummy spoon > Reviews

Content by mummy spoon

mummy spoon (South Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Disney Infinity Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box Set (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS)
Offered by games-n-console-land
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini adventures., 29 May 2014
Though these characters don't have their own world , they are definitely worth having, the power discs provide great backdrops and music and both characters have my favourite mini adventures.

Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Price: 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., 29 May 2014
This review is from: Ender's Game [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I watch lots of films and I would like to think I can judge the good from the bad and though many of the reviews I had read put me off and made me expect a terrible film, I was very pleasantly surprised.
The film starts off with a similar feel to other dystopians such as The Hunger Games and Divergent and we are introduced to the world, the situation and the lead character who is Ender, a young boy in training to save earth.
I haven't read the book so can't compare the two but I felt the script, the plot and the actors in this were all great and the visuals are particularly good. Ender's game has had much less publicity than other films of it's type but if you are looking for a film like Divergent or The Hunger games then this is certainly worth a watch.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9 [DVD] [2014]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 9 [DVD] [2014]
Price: 18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending to a fantastic sitcom., 16 April 2014
I love How i met your mother and I have never grown tired of it, I loved the characters and although some episodes were better than others, overall I have liked every season.
This, the last season is no exception, I felt all the loose ends were wrapped up and everything explained, yes the ending was a shock but I was happy with it. The final scenes were probably a bit rushed but ultimately you will either love it or hate it. The finale aside, this is a great season and if you're a fan then you need to see it through, I laughed and cried and I'm sad it's all over but so happy I started this journey, I never thought any sitcom could live up to friends but this is a very close second.

Inside No. 9 [DVD]
Inside No. 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Reece Shearsmith
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars As odd as you would expect but bloody brilliant !, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Inside No. 9 [DVD] (DVD)
I am a huge fan of Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton's work and eagerly awaited their next offering after the fabulous Psychoville and after only watching the first episode of Inside No.9, I was hooked.
This series is very different from the league of gentlemen and psychoville which are both set around a group of characters and in one area, Inside No. 9 has a new cast each week and the only theme is, they all live at, yep you've guessed it, number 9 .At first I wasn't sure I would get into a show which starts over every week but so far I have loved the episodes, the second one is like a silent movie and is comedy gold.
All the humour of their previous shows is there and I have a feeling this will be a big hit. I will update as the show continues but so far so good, can't wait for next week.
*Update* The series is now over and I really wish it was longer, every week was very different, some were very creepy, others funny and some just weird but I enjoyed every one, I can't wait to get the Dvd and watch them all in one sitting.
Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith are genius, they got it so right again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 1:20 PM BST

Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994]
Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Brian Bonsall
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun kids comedy, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
A young boy get hit by a car when he's riding his bike and the mobster driver gives him a blank signed cheque to apologize, the kid then goes home and prints it for 1 million dollars, what kid hasn't imagined what that would be like. There's lots of fun as the young boy spends his fortune, buying everything a young boy would want, including a castle, but then the man who has paid for it all is not happy and he and his fellow mobsters set out to get him. Blank Cheque is a fun film for kids over 5 or 6, my boys have loved this film for years now, it's one of their favourites.

Father Of The Bride/Father Of The Bride 2 [DVD]
Father Of The Bride/Father Of The Bride 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Martin
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic family films., 14 Jan 2014
I was born in the early eighties and grew up watching films like these, they're not the most amazing films I've ever seen but they are funny and sweet and heartwarming and best of all they bring back so many memories of watching them as a child.
If you like films such as Three men and a baby or Look who's talking then these are great ones to try, Steve Martin never fails to make me smile and these are my favourite films of his.

The Terminal [DVD] (2004)
The Terminal [DVD] (2004)
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Spielberg and Hanks perfection !, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Terminal [DVD] (2004) (DVD)
Tom Hanks plays Viktor Navorski, he's from Krakozia in Russia and is visiting New York, only when he lands he is denied entrance to the US due to war breaking out back home whilst he was in the air. His country is in turmoil and well basically there is no country any longer, he has no nationality therefore his passport is not valid meaning he can't stay but can't go home either,he is stuck living in the international terminal.
Viktor struggles at first as he knows very little English but slowly his figures out ways to survive and even makes friends and gets himself a job.
I absolutely love this film, it's different to what Spielberg usually does but I still think it has his stamp all over it and feels epic even though we don't leave the airport through most of the film. Hanks does an amazing job portraying Viktor's feelings and emotions through few words and a fantastic supporting cast including Stanley Tucci and Catherine Zeta Jones make this one of my all time favourites.

Mouth to Mouth [2005] [DVD]
Mouth to Mouth [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Page
Offered by Dogwoof Ltd.
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it time., 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mouth to Mouth [2005] [DVD] (DVD)
Mouth to mouth is very different to anything else I have seen, at first I couldn't get into it and almost switched off after about 20 minutes but you can't help but be drawn in by Ellen Page's performance. The dark and disturbing story slowly comes together and some scenes are shocking. The look of the film is grainy and dull but this adds to the story and the feel of it, I went from wanting to switch this off to loving it by the end. Just give it a fair chance, it stuck with me for days after watching it.

I Love You Phillip Morris [DVD]
I Love You Phillip Morris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Carrey
Price: 4.52

5.0 out of 5 stars An unbelievable true story., 13 Jan 2014
I love you Phillip Morris starts off with a quirky feel, Jim Carrey narrates his way through his characters early life and you get the feeling this is going to be an offbeat comedy, it's visually striking and carrey is brilliant and instantly likeable.
As the film continues though, the tone changes, though it still feels comedic at times, it starts to become something else, more serious and quite shocking, particularly toward the end.
I was blown away by the true story behind this film and adored the performances from both Carrey and McGregor, hats off to them for pulling off a believable gay relationship.

Whip It [DVD]
Whip It [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Page
Price: 4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Derby surprise !, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Whip It [DVD] (DVD)
First off, I should say that this movie is probably quite different from what you are expecting, the marketing pegged this as a girly comedy with a bit of sports thrown in like Bring it on and the like and it couldn't be much further from that.
Drew Barrymore's directional debut is a perfectly balanced indie hit with a great soundtrack and an interesting visual style. There are some fantastic performances from the cast, Drew Barrymore stars as well as directs and I thought Kristen Wiig and Juliette Lewis stood out among the large female cast.
Bliss AKA Babe Ruthless played by Ellen Page is the star of this film, it's a coming of age story which follows Bliss from pageant queen to Roller Derby star and all her troubles along the way.What starts as an interest in becoming a skater leads Bliss to discover her true family and where her future is, Ellen Page is perfect in the role and as with the whole skating cast, she pulls it off brilliantly .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20