Profile for Ben > Reviews

Mens True Face 021 Skinny Jeans Ice Blue Waist 32 R
Mens True Face 021 Skinny Jeans Ice Blue Waist 32 R
Offered by Truefaceuk

5.0 out of 5 stars quality skinnies for a ridiculously good price, 16 Jun. 2015
I've had these from eBay before, took a punt on them & they're really good jeans to be honest. They're good quality and pretty hardwearing. I've had them since January and worn them to work every day & the seams are starting to go under crotch to be fair it would be easy to fix but it's nice to get a fresh pair again, about to re order

Kingsman: The Secret Service [DVD] [2015]
Kingsman: The Secret Service [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyment from Start to finish, 16 Mar. 2015
I went to see this after seeing the trailer, really impressed by how much it flits between seriousness & downright daft. Funny, stylish and entertaining Really good fun & its the first thing I've watched and had a good time in a while! Go see it or pre order yourself a copy :)

The Order: 1886 (PS4)
The Order: 1886 (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Completely Honest Review (No Spoilers), 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Order: 1886 (PS4) (Video Game)
I followed the development of this game for quite a few months, scouting YouTube for any gameplay clips & such. (us hardcore gamers know what I mean) I was extremely excited for this to come out & after completing it over the past week I needed to share my review.

First of all, this is with no doubt the best looking console game to date. Victorian London looks fantastic & is a great setting. But the environments are so linear that at times it can be quite painful. The animation is exceptional and life like as is the acting.

The story is fantastic but the game just isn't long enough it just feels like a prologue/teaser for a game rather than its own game. I'm really dissapointed that when you say it how it is this is a average third person shooter struggling to be a hybrid between cinema and game. That said I have enjoyed it though the story characters and setting make up for it. Its just painfully short and not worth a full retail price I feel slightly shortchanged.

-Pros-
Interesting Story
Incredible Detail & Cinematic feel
Quite Gripping
Gorgeous Graphics

-Cons-
Shooting sections are dated in formula.
Too short.
Doesn't explain enough.

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved this programme, 27 Feb. 2014
I've always wanted a TV programme with a movie style but gritty. This is basically the story of a teacher who gets lung cancer & wants to leave his wife & son well off and get his college fees together, by cooking crystal meth! I don't want to tell you any more than this but it's the sort of programme you can't just sit & watch one episode of.

I spent most of last summer watching this & was gutted when it came to an end, shot in new mexico a beautiful place &really well written & executed with brilliant actors. Treat yourself or at least buy season one to give it a whirl

Jack Daniels Winter Jack Apple Whiskey Punch 15% 70cl
Jack Daniels Winter Jack Apple Whiskey Punch 15% 70cl
Offered by The Grapevine

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice winter drink, 25 Feb. 2014
I'm not a big drinker but tried a little glass of this at a Christmas Party, always partial to a drop of bourbon so I'm weiry when these sort of mixed drinks come out but this is really nice stuff, sweet & festive with all the Christmas spices & whatnot. This has definitely replaced mulled wine and at 15% you can have a nice size glass with a meal :)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty :Ghosts review on Xbox 360, 2 Dec. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've had every call of duty game since 2007 (COD4:Modern Warfare) & the amount of time that me & my good friends have spent playing the multiplayer is pretty ridiculous. Over the last few years many players have started to get a bit tired of the biggest annual videogame series, I'm no exception to that myself I didn't really enjoy Black Ops 2 after a few weeks of playing. In all honesty this game does feel refreshing yet I can't quite put my finger on why.

The graphics are a massive step up from previous offering & I was really shocked to open up the box & realise that a mandatory install had to be done. The game was developed on next gen & ported backwards so I guess they have squeezed all of the technical oomph out of the aging xbox 360.

-Single Player-

As of writing this I'm only five or six missions into the game but enjoying it alot. you all know what you're getting with a cod campaign, lots of huge set pieces but the story of the two brothers & their dog is actually really well executed & i've found myself actually connecting with the story & characters which I can honestly say I've never done before in a COD game.

-Multiplayer-

Probably the smoothest & most refined multiplayer of a cod to date. The guns feel beefy & my connection seems really good all the time, unlike the last game!

=Extinction=

The replacement of ''Spec Ops'' & ''Zombies'' sees a similar gameplay to zombies but with Aliens & it's very challenging, frantic & a lot of fun

Just go ahead & buy it, you'll have a fun single player story to get lost in & multiplayer to lose hours in with your friends.

MENS GROUNDWORK GR66 SAFETY STEEL TOE HIKING WORK SHOE TRAINERS BOOTS
MENS GROUNDWORK GR66 SAFETY STEEL TOE HIKING WORK SHOE TRAINERS BOOTS
Price: £24.45 - £28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking value. Great work boots or just winter boots, 15 Nov. 2013
I can't believe the actual quality of these boots. I bought them because I'm a christmas temp at a postal service inside a warehouse & over the last few weeks I've been wearing vans for my 8 hour shifts, endured a few Yorkies running over my toes and bad foot pain! I'm going to test them out at work to see what they're like in the way of comfort after prolonged standing...but in all honesty I'd recommend these as just basic winter boots for anybody as well, very very warm and they've got steel toe caps and stuff but are really lightweight for safetyboots?

The boots are nice looking too, very similar style to Timberland boots but at a fraction of the price

Rizla Concept Filling Machine AND 500 Rizla Concept King Size Filter Tubes
Rizla Concept Filling Machine AND 500 Rizla Concept King Size Filter Tubes
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 Oct. 2013
Great little product and a good price! I paid £4 for express delivery and it came the next morning (today)

It works well make sure you pack the filter end quite thick so there's no gap, and don't use moist tobacco with this eg - golden Virginia or gold leaf, I would suggest American spirit as its totally dry.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels like DLC, 16 Oct. 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I've loved the Assassins Creed games since day one, the original is one of the few games I've beaten multiple times. I loved the sequel, and brotherhood but this feels like a huge add on pack & a step backwards from brotherhood.

I lost faith in the series as it began to look like the effort levels were dropping as the game became an annual release. However the one positive was that it gave more time for Creed3 to be a lot more refined (I loved AC3)

If you're a fan of Ezio & want to see the story end for him then play it, just don't expect many changes.

On the positive side I can't wait for Assassins Creed 4, ill be off straight to buy it on release!

Arkham Asylum Anniversary Ed SC (Batman)
Arkham Asylum Anniversary Ed SC (Batman)
by Dave McKean

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark, Eerie & Unsettling, 26 Sept. 2013
This is really really dark & eerie in tone. It can be a bit hard to read speech and the jokers etchings though that's the only thing I hate about this novel. The style of the drawings are almost like oil paintings & very very good, well worth a read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6