Profile for Amazon customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon customer

Amazon customer

Cubot P9 Unlocked 5.0 inch Android 4.2 3G Smartphone MTK6572 Dual Core Dual SIM Dual Standby 3G android mobile phone 1.2GHZ WIFI GPS Bluetooth cellphone For Orange, O2 ,T-Mobile,3-Network, Vodafone (White)
Offered by WMicroUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this to set up Vodafone PAYG 3g data connection, 20 Mar 2014
This phone would have got 5 stars except setting it up to work with Vodafone payg 3g was a bit of a nightmare. Went to the Vodafone shop so that they could put in the settings but their settings didn't work at all. After extensively searching the internet I cobbled together enough information to get it to work. I have an old (large) sim card and installed it in the left hand slot. Once you're sure your calls, texts and wifi are working ok, here's how to enable 3g. First turn off your wifi then go to Settings, Mobile Networks and allow automatic selection of network operator (Vodafone). Next on the menu, Enable 3g. Next go to Access Point Names and hit the phone menu (bottom left), then select New APN. This step is essential. Complete the fields in the list with the data below:
Name – Vodafone Internet
APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Proxy & Port – Leave blank
Username – wap
Password - wap
[NB some sites tell you to use 'web' as the username and password but that didn't work for me]
Server - leave blank
MMSC - [...]
MMS PROXY - 212.183.137.012
MMS Port - 8799
MCC - 234
MNC - 15
Authentication type - press here then select 'None' from the drop down (make sure you get this right!)
APN protocol IPv4
APN enable - yes
Bearer - leave blank.
Important: Hit the phone menu at bottom left then save these settings. Now select 'Vodafone Internet' from the list of APNs. When it is selected it should have a little blue dot to the right-hand side of it. Go back to Mobile Network Settings and turn on Data Connection. If all is well, you will soon see a tiny blue symbol appear next to the sim card signal and you are then ready to try using your browser to connect to the internet.

The Birthday Present
The Birthday Present

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a suspense thriller but still classic B. Vine, 11 May 2013
I have never encountered a Barbara Vine book that was easy to put down, and this one is no exception. Although there is a murder, this book is not a thriller, and not as plot-driven as many Vine novels. But it does have many elements of suspense. The author creates two main characters, and we watch them slowly succumbing to wrong turnings and obsessions that eventually destroy their lives.

I like that the author did not use this book as a platform for her own political persuasions, but showed much sympathy and insight into the Tory MP she created, and made him a three-dimensional human being with dignity at his heart.

One scene did not ring true: The incident where Pandora wants to discuss the pearl necklace with Jane. I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but why on earth would P not want to mention the pearls to hubby? I would have shown him the pearls and said 'wow, these are valuable, should we discuss what we are going to do with them?' Or 'Did you give Hebe these for a special occasion?'

Also where the narrating character changes I would have liked the chapter to be headed with the narrating character's name rather than leaving the reader floundering.

Melodies et Chansons
Melodies et Chansons

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't assume it contains all his songs, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Melodies et Chansons (Sheet music)
Doesn't contain all his songs, only the ones published by Salabert, so make sure you check the song list before buying.

GENUINE LEATHER HANDBAG WITH ORGANISER  (REF3771) (BROWN)
GENUINE LEATHER HANDBAG WITH ORGANISER (REF3771) (BROWN)
Offered by Supreme Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag but not enough credit card slots, 2 Mar 2013
Shame there's no internal photo of the purse section. Just letting buyers know there are only 4 credit card slots. Not really enough for debit card, store cards, loyalty cards, AA card and library card...

SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by FoneM8store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but sometimes get a connection problem, 11 Jan 2013
I successfully paired this with my Samsung Galaxy, which is also paired with another bluetooth speaker (JA2) in a different room. Pairing ok, phone worked with either speaker. Went upstairs played music on SW100 with phone - all great, lovely sound. Decided to read book instead so turned off music. 10 minutes or so later, heard SW100 switching itself off. Great, I thought, it is conserving battery power. Later I turned off the SW100 then back on again, tried to reconnect my phone but it would not connect though was still paired. The phone also would no longer connect with the JA2 although that is in a different room. Turning B/T on and off on the phone didn't help, problem had to be resolved by the phone off completely then turning it on again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 9:58 AM GMT

Logitech Z205 Laptop Speaker - Black
Logitech Z205 Laptop Speaker - Black
Offered by Ecomade Arena Global

2.0 out of 5 stars Volume issues and didn't work with my Macbook, 30 Oct 2012
This wouldn't actually work with my Macbook. Power was going through but no sound coming out. Also tried powering it through Macbook USB but connecting it to Android tablet with jack plug. Speaker worked this way but volume was no louder than my Macbook's built in speaker would have been.

Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre
Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre
Offered by U Stores

1.0 out of 5 stars The one I bought was faulty, 17 Dec 2011
I bought this pressure cooker after reading the glowing reviews, though I must say I only remember my last Prestige pressure cooker lasting a few months. I bought it in 1998 after moving house, to replace my wonderful Tower aluminium model which I had had since 1977. Aluminium can leach into food, which is not good for you, hence the change to stainless steel.

Well, the Prestige plastic handle in those days had some fiddly bits, and one broke off within a few months. I was told I would need a new handle, and was quoted about £30, I seem to remember. I just threw the thing away.

Later tried a couple of pressure cookers from Lidl, as they were stainless steel but under £30. Both stopped working within a few months - they just leaked steam instead of building up any pressure. New gaskets didn't help.

So, saw these great reviews for Prestige on Amazon and thought I'd give the company another chance. Unfortunately had to return it, as it just leaked steam and didn't build up any pressure at all.

Final decision? Found a nice Tower model for the same price at Argos. Tried it out today and it worked fine.

Thirteen Steps Down
Thirteen Steps Down

4.0 out of 5 stars Crass elements in ending, 14 Jun 2011
I'm a huge Rendell fan, and absolutely love the book - it's classic Rendell - up to the last few pages but there are elements in the ending which are completely crass and which spoiled it a bit for me. Without wanting to give away the plot, the sudden appearance of an Iraqi is completely unbelievable and unnecessary, and pathologists do know how to tell the difference between a killing and a natural death. Otherwise my review would have been five stars. Rendell is a genius at combining the mundane with the macabre and you find yourself so engrossed in the details of what to do with a corpse that you are almost living the killer's role yourself.

American Arias for Soprano
American Arias for Soprano

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of arias, 1 Aug 2006
Seymour Barab: ONLY A MIRACLE - Sylphinia's aria; Samuel Barber: ANTHONY AND CLEOPATRA - Give me some music, A HAND OF BRIDGE - Who is there to love me?, VANESSA - Do not utter a word; Kirke Mechem: TARTUFFE - Fair Robin I love, Father I beg you; Gian Carlo Menotti: THE CONSUL - To this we've come, THE LABYRINTH - The bride's song, THE MEDIUM - The black swan, Monica's walz, THE SAINT OF BLEECKER STREET - Oh sweet Jesus, THE TELEPHONE - Hello! Oh Margaret it's you; Douglas Moore: GALLANTRY - Lola's aria; Thomas Pasatieri: THE GOOSE GIRL - Bubbles beautiful bubbles; William Schuman: THE MIGHTY CASEY - Kiss me not goodbye, A prayer; Hohn Philip Sousa: EL CAPITAN - Oh warrior grim